Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Angry Sun Shine= hot seats that stay hot

Just wanted to see if any one else has had this problem and has figured out a fix or do I just bring a white sheet with me to put over the seat.

My Camaro is not my daily driver and I took it out Sunday to my Brothers house parked it for 10 hours while we went fishing. It was the first 80 plus degree day I have had it out side the interior and seat got hot as Hell. That is not uncommon black seats in the sun my truck does the same. Here is the part that had me steaming Literally, get back to his house after fishing all day I am already hot open car start it put A/C on high aimed at seats what I do with all my cars. 10-15 Minutes later get in to leave the car is still Hot as Hell. A/C is blowing cold air but it seems to be having little effect on the inside of the car. I figure maybe as I drive it will help cool down the car. 10 Minutes into the drive home cars now been on A/C high for 25 minutes interior surfaces are still hot as hell and now my back is on fire fells like heated seat on I cycle it on off here the system click on then off nope heated seats off but this seat is still hot as hell. 45 minutes later I get to my house and the seat is still hot as hell. Has anyone else experienced this is it the leather or the foam they used does this seat not breath at all just hold the heat in like crazy. My truck 10 minutes with A/C aimed at the seat after sitting in the sun all day and they are as cold as ice when I get in. I am getting windows tinted shortly that should help a bit and thinking bringing white sheet on days like that to put over the seat to keep it from baking. Maybe on those sun deflectors for the windsheild. this is first for me never had car get so hot it just wouldnt cool down.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Tinted windows + sun shade works for me
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
that is what i like most about my cloth seats, they dont get hot like that and i dont stick to them. i do miss the smell of leather tho....

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Tinted with Formula1 ceramic coating. My car is black with black leather seats and when I get in after it's been sitting in the sun for hours, it's slightly warm but cools after I open the window or throw the AC on. Well worth the extra penny for it

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #5
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
it amazed me the inside temperature difference simply with the sunroof sunshade open vs sunshade closed. yeah was driving opened it and closed it.. I felt like a hotdog on a 7-11 roller..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
One of the main reason I went 1SS. I hate that about leather seats.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Sun + leather = hot.

Cloth seats are the way to go..
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Leather is HOT in the summer sun - no question about it. Window tint will help, as will a sunshade for the windshield (I just got one and love it).

When you had your car running with the air on, did you have the windows down some so the heat could escape? Also, you should NOT have the A/C on recirculate while trying to cool the car.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Maybe the heated seat button was on?? Might wanna check it really turned off.
I live in Miami and I know what hot is specially now but it doesn't last 45 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes until the car cools off.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
trashmanssd

Appreciate all the responses. I have to get leather when I take it to work once in a while no mater how i try our shop (trucking company) is covered in grease I always manage to get some on my feet my back my leg then it gets smeared on the seat and with leather its very easy to clean with cloth i think its clean till i wear a light color and ruin a pair pants or shirt. I think I will have to try tint and a reflector for now and white sheet as back up plan had friend tell me that trick white sheet over the seat and its not going to grab all that sun light.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #11
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This is one of the many reasons I insisted on the cloth seats in mine. 2 things that would help 1) Huper Optic Nano Fusion Ceramic window tint on all windows (including clear for the windshield if you want to stay legal). It keeps UVA/UVB rays & heat out & the car stays much cooler. It is expensive but very worth it. 2) there is a terry cloth Camaro seat cover you can put on that goes on/off easily. I plan to get some so I don't get sun screen on my seats. Here is one site I found it on: http://www.allcamarostuff.com/produc...roducts_id=459

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 06-09-2014 at 12:35 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
trashmanssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
Maybe the heated seat button was on?? Might wanna check it really turned off.
I live in Miami and I know what hot is specially now but it doesn't last 45 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes until the car cools off.
Shouldn't have been I cycled it on then off I could hear the Relay click as I did. Yeah that's what got me was how long that seat seemed to hold that heat in I also put my soft side cooler that was empty in the passenger seat and i check under and behind that when I got home and any where that cooler contacted the seat it stayed really hot. Very noticeably hotter as you ran you hand over the seat. the must only breath through the front of the seat.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
trashmanssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Leather is HOT in the summer sun - no question about it. Window tint will help, as will a sunshade for the windshield (I just got one and love it).

When you had your car running with the air on, did you have the windows down some so the heat could escape? Also, you should NOT have the A/C on recirculate while trying to cool the car.
nope windows closed recirculate I will try that we don't get the heat you do down there so you probably no more tricks to cool a car down then me.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #14
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
I live in Arizona and well it's hotter here than I ever care to admit to.

Try running it and THEN parking with the defrost on (non recirculating) be sure you put the temperature knob in the blue extra cold position.

For my 2012 ZL1 - This keeps the fresh air temperature cooler and allows for the car to breath.