Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #141
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post

Do you think God approves of you judging people? Just sayin.
It isnt judging when you are telling the truth. call them as I see them my friend.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #142
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Wow...I've lurked on this thread for a little while without saying anything, but I'm astonished at the VERY strong opinions from people who obviously haven't read the main points.

While we will never know the full story, and quite frankly most of it isn't our business, if we base our opinions on the statements from this thread:

1) Why would anyone be so ignorant as to accuse the OP of not paying for the car, getting in over his head, and having it "deservedly taken away" when he has stated on more than one post that he regularly made all of the payments, and in fact has over $13000 invested in the car (more than many of us on this board can say)?

2) Why would someone state that he shouldn't have gotten a co-signer, when it is quite clear that he didn't have his dad co-sign. He was under 18, therefore unable to enter into his own contract, so his dad put the car in his name. Simple as that. (Granted in hindsight, the OP should have had his name added to the title of the car, as you can co-own a car while only one name is on the loan-this would have given him the legal "right" to continue driving the car and/or sell the car and at least recoup some of his loss).

3) The reason he lost his car is because he decided to move out to relieve family stress, and his dad kept the car that is in his (dad's) name, despite the fact that the son made all the payments. This is simply reflective of the tragedy that occurs with many "verbal" contracts. Even though one party holds up their end of the bargain, there is nothing legally binding to make the other party do the same. We trust that all parties will perform when it's family making the deal, but unfortunately, those are often the first to go awry.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #143
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
This whole thread is just so sad. None of us know the full details of the story. I believe I pointed that out earlier.

Likewise, to the OP, you may be best served to seek professional advice regarding your personal circumstances.

As far as the car, it is just that. just a car. you may be able to link up and find a way to purchase it yourself. If you can't them, move on in life. do what is best for you.

This is the kind of risk you take when you post up something like this on a public board.

Personally, I would keep something like this confined to a situation where you can talk logically with some professional help.

Once you do something like this(posting here), be prepared for things like what you see here.

Everyone will have a very different take on your situation based on their own personal life experiences. That is only natural and the way people are.

Personally, all I can legitimately do is pray for you.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #144
Quikzilver

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS,1970 Camaro RS/SS
Don't let whatever happened keep you away from staying in contact with your father. 3 years ago this October, I lost my mother, father, mother in law and father in law in a single accident (they became best friends after my wife and I were married). There isnt a day that goes by that I don't miss them all. Try to repair your relationship...he is the only Dad you will have. Good luck and there will be plenty of Camaros and Corvettes in your future!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:01 AM   #145
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
He was only 17, he needed a cosigner to be able to purchase it.

To the op, have you considered selling it immediately before your dad starts missing payments on it?
exactly why he shouldnt have bought the car to begin with. Why do you think they dont let people under 18 get loans, because they cant afford it
Old 09-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #146
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
This whole thread is just so sad. None of us know the full details of the story. I believe I pointed that out earlier.

Likewise, to the OP, you may be best served to seek professional advice regarding your personal circumstances.

As far as the car, it is just that. just a car. you may be able to link up and find a way to purchase it yourself. If you can't them, move on in life. do what is best for you.

This is the kind of risk you take when you post up something like this on a public board.

Personally, I would keep something like this confined to a situation where you can talk logically with some professional help.

Once you do something like this(posting here), be prepared for things like what you see here.

Everyone will have a very different take on your situation based on their own personal life experiences. That is only natural and the way people are.

Personally, all I can legitimately do is pray for you.
And amen if you put your jacked up life on the iternet expect people to comment. Not saying I am bathing in glory because of your misfortune, No that is not it. I hate to see misfortune happen to anyone regardless. But when you dig a grave you have to expect to lay in it at some point. Good life lesson for you and not being good with your family for a long time is not good.

Let me give you some advice, I am a military officer and any of the four services can always use people and it will give you a head start in life.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #147
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Let me give you some advice, I am a military officer and any of the four services can always use people and it will give you a head start in life.
NOT TRUE...my son has been trying for months to get into the Air Force, and they keep telling him that they are not taking anyone right now.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #148
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Quote:
exactly why he shouldnt have bought the car to begin with. Why do you think they dont let people under 18 get loans, because they cant afford it
No, they do that because they aren't of legal age to enter a contract. Many 17 year olds make decent money, and many are plenty bright enough to understand the contract they would be entering. It's purely designed to protect minors from entering a contract that may not be beneficial to them.

I feel sorry for the kid, this is a very tough situation. He's tried to do the right thing but he's getting screwed.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #149
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
NOT TRUE...my son has been trying for months to get into the Air Force, and they keep telling him that they are not taking anyone right now.
well there is three others. And usually when the serive doesnt take anybody its because of low test scores, questionable backgrounds, etc.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #150
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Just because you didnt work in high school or before 18 doesnt mean nobody did. My cousin bought a dodge 3500 dulley with cash at the age of 19. Could he have afforded it at 18 or before, yes.
Quote:
Im going to go ahead and let you keep playing "army" in your dream world.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #151
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Just because you didnt work in high school or before 18 doesnt mean nobody did. My cousin bought a dodge 3500 dulley with cash at the age of 19. Could he have afforded it at 18 or before, yes.

Im going to go ahead and let you keep playing "army" in your dream world.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #152
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
well there is three others. And usually when the serive doesnt take anybody its because of low test scores, questionable backgrounds, etc.
Absolutely no questionable background. He was our squeaky clean child. Test scores were pretty good, not stellar, but pretty good. They are just telling him that they are not taking anyone at this time....it may be 6 months or more. We already have two in the Marines, and we'd rather not have another one. He would like to join the Air Force, as that would give him the opportunity to eventually end up back "home," as we have two AFB in our area.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #153
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
Absolutely no questionable background. He was our squeaky clean child. Test scores were pretty good, not stellar, but pretty good. They are just telling him that they are not taking anyone at this time....it may be 6 months or more. We already have two in the Marines, and we'd rather not have another one. He would like to join the Air Force, as that would give him the opportunity to eventually end up back "home," as we have two AFB in our area.
I do know the AF is more of a speciality force and if your scores dont fit what they have or what you want it can be hard to get into. What job does he want? There is the navy as well. One thing I can tell you though is the Army does guarentee you your job speciality which I know other servces dont really do.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #154
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgss3 View Post
Hello,

As a father of four now young men, I know things are not always smooth. We do not know all the specifics so we cannot past judgement on this young man. Yes, we should always honor our mother and father and the man is the head of the household, however, we fathers should not be exasperating our children and should always treat them with honor and respect as well. Keep your chin up, remember your dad is a person too and we should all forgive in the long run.

Thanks,

Robert

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

Closed Thread