Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #29
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autofind View Post
Folks,

Anyone who owns a 2011 synergy green Camaro, please view the photo of my Camaro 1SS below. Please notice the light and dark areas on the door. This picture was taken in direct sun-light, and is very obvious. My 1SS sgm was built 8/16/10....either the 1st or 2nd week sgm was run again for 2011.

Has anyone else seen these light and dark stripes on their doors? It this a paint issue or issue with composite door material thickness, etc creating the color variances.

Folks with IOM, this paint is metallic also. Has anyone seen color variances on their doors in direct sunlight ?

Thank You,

Dave
This has to do with angles and reflection. The paint issues that are being brought up based on material and whatnot are usually involving the front/rear bumpers and fuel door being different 'shades' compared to the rest of the car.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #30
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Of the 'upgrade' can be in support of the new "greener" paints. Watch your pretty IBM go down the drain in a rainstorm!

Tib
Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Folks,

Anyone who owns a 2011 synergy green Camaro, please view the photo of my Camaro 1SS below. Please notice the light and dark areas on the door. This picture was taken in direct sun-light, and is very obvious. My 1SS sgm was built 8/16/10....either the 1st or 2nd week sgm was run again for 2011.

Has anyone else seen these light and dark stripes on their doors? It this a paint issue or issue with composite door material thickness, etc creating the color variances.

Folks with IOM, this paint is metallic also. Has anyone seen color variances on their doors in direct sunlight ?

Thank You,

Dave
Nothing wrong with that car. That's due to the different angles of the door and the way the sun is reflecting off of the angles. You'd have to have a completely flat door to have just one color. I LOVE how the angles of the car cause all the different variances in color...it makes the car stand out.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Looks like I'll be trading up on a 2012 in a few years w/ the new interior, hp increase and better paint

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #33
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Sounds like the Gen fours all over again.

93 sucked
94 slight improvement
95-97 was the better years to own one.

98 sucked
99 depends when it was built
00-02 were the ones to have.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #34
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
If what Scotty says it's at 90%, I'd say the line isn't in use yet. Even when 100% they'll need to test/configure/refine it and then program it into their automated system (see Ultimate Factories: Camaro)

Why Lexus cars that are 10 years old can look (for the most part) new and GM cars don't is beyond me. Here's hoping it's a vast improvement!

Tib
Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #35
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponbigi View Post
And why shouldn't we be? I spent close to 25K on my car. I expect a quality product, I love this car! This has been the most fun I have ever had driving a car. This however, basically says to me that they admit there is a HUGE quality issue with the paint. I hope they see fit to fix those of us that are getting numerous paint chips from STRAW falling off of a truck. I have had my car since Sept of this year and already have close to 30 chips in the paint. That is ridiculous and un-acceptable to me as a customer. This is my only complaint next to "second gear grinding". But its a big issue with me as the car, on the bumper is really starting to look like a$$ and i only have 5k miles on it. My civic after 6 years of use had limited paint chips no-where near this scale - I expect chips to happen but to this extent? quality issue that should fall under warranty.
I think people will have a difficult time getting these issues covered by GM. Remember all those old Chevy Corsicas you'd see driving around with peeling paint? That was a known defect in the binding agent in the paint, and happened to almost all blue and green Corsicas. GM refused to cover it since the paint didn't generally start looking bad until after the warranty had expired. I don't expect they will admit to any fault this time, either. Love my car, but GM customer service and quality has always left something to be desired.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #36
Big Daddy Kane

Drives: Red 1SS
Quote:
Folks,

Thank You,

Dave
It looks like you have 3 stripes going up and down your door. Thats not cool. It looks like mottling in the paint. Which means the paint is heavier in certain areas, and that causes the metallic to flow differently in those spots.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #37
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Nothing a little class action won't solve. With "refining" the way they do paint is in part admission and correction to a known problem. They wont cover this under warranty until they are forced too. think about it. All 2010/2011 models have to be repainted would cost a fortune
Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #38
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponbigi View Post
Nothing a little class action won't solve. With "refining" the way they do paint is in part admission and correction to a known problem. They wont cover this under warranty until they are forced too. think about it. All 2010/2011 models have to be repainted would cost a fortune
But it's not a correction, it's an improvement.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #39
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Folks,

Thank You,

Dave
all I can see is the shadow reflection in the door...
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #40
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
There are more problems than shadow deflection there. Metallics are sometimes pretty tough to paint, and historically speaking (as a painter) green is especially tough, especially in that hue.
That being said however, I'm surprised there are not many complaints on the IOM other than the mismatch to the bumpers.
I'd hate to be the painter responsible for making a customer happy on a repair job on the green though...historically thats a tough metallic color to match. My local dealer had a beautiful SS on their lot though in green with painted ground effects and it seemed to match perfectly. It really looked good on the car. Maybe these new paints lend themselves to better color matches than in the "old days".
I'd love to see a green convertible with painted ground effects next to my GT500 in the garage. But I'd love to see Kim Kardasian next to me in bed in the morning too and that sure ain't gonna happen....

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #41
CyberGamaro

Drives: BLK 13 Camaro 1SS/1LE
haha win, 2013 can't come soon enough!
4200 Status
Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #42
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Another reason to hate your 2010s people lol
I got my 2010, have alot of issues with her. Love the car, wish it was more reliable but what can you do. Still cant see myself driving something else. Oh well atleast we know the Z should have better paint
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage

Closed Thread