Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2017, 12:05 AM   #43
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
I can't have my front license plate bracket deleted from my order workbench as it is required in my state.

A couple of questions for those of you who have removed your factory front plate bracket/mount.

Did Chevy drill holes?

Was it an easy delete?

Thanks in advance for your response.
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #44
Nfg2ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
I can't have my front license plate bracket deleted from my order workbench as it is required in my state.

A couple of questions for those of you who have removed your factory front plate bracket/mount.

Did Chevy drill holes?

Was it an easy delete?

I'm in a front plate required state, just asked the dealer not to put it on as I had my own solution(StoNSho). They had no problem with my request. Handed me the bracket when I picked up my car.
Nfg2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:43 AM   #45
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post

Did Chevy drill holes?

Was it an easy delete?

Yes they will drill holes through the bumper. You'll need a drill to remove them. It'll leave two small holes you'll need to fill.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:47 AM   #46
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
Yes they will drill holes through the bumper. You'll need a drill to remove them. It'll leave two small holes you'll need to fill.

Thanks.
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:04 AM   #47
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
No, it doesn't punch holes on the bumper...they are on the top part of the grill.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #48
EJamesJr

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 Manual 6-Speed
Bought the Sho N Sto but didn't like it. Didnt want holes in the bumper from the stock bracket. So, I did a few measurements and ended up cutting off all the protruding mounting points from the back of the stock mount, drilled a few holes for zip ties, flipped the whole thing upside down (V on bottom), and mounted it down low. Very happy with the low recessed result. I'm too old to be trying outfox LEOs by running no plate in NJ.

EJamesJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #49
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason K View Post
For those who live in a state that require a front license plate what are you doing about it? Where are you mounting it? This it what I bought and I'm not happy with it.
I love the Sto N Sho. Here's a trick I use in Minnesota that worked the one time (so far) I got stopped. I have the Sto N Sho with plate mounted behind my seat. I show it to the officer, how it connects and then tell him I was detailing my grill and forgot to put it back on. He just said: OK, try to remember next time" and let me go.
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:56 AM   #50
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
On both my Pre-Order 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS and my upgrade to a 2016 Camaro 2SS I told the dealership both verbally and in writing that "They Were Not To" install the Front License Plate Bracket on MY Camaro. That if they did so it would be considered a Deal Breaker, or that they would have to REPLACE the part that they had driller to install the bracket. I also stated that the front plate bracket would be handed to ME. In both cases, on both Camaros the dealership did in fact give me the brackets.

Walt B

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:36 AM   #51
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
Quote:

On the ZL1 the front bracket is NOT drilled. The bracket clamps to the grill and goes on and off very easy.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #52
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
On the ZL1 the front bracket is NOT drilled. The bracket clamps to the grill and goes on and off very easy.
Yes, I stand corrected at least on the SS models. They do drill through the grill unfortunately.

TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:42 PM   #53
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
In a previous thread, someone mentioned being able to buy some black rubber plugs to fill in the holes in the grille. Don't remember where they found them.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:40 AM   #54
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:

Not necessarily. I think it depends upon the state.

When I bought my car in California, one of the many things I had to sign was a sheet acknowledging that I was buying a car in a state that required the display of a front license plate. The bracket for the front plate was wrapped in plastic and in the trunk of the car, along with the tow hook, emergency fuel fill spout, and track day brake cooling ducts.

Its now wrapped in the same plastic, and sitting on the workbench in my garage. I have no plans to mount a front plate. It subtracts from the look of the car, and the last time I or anyone I know actually got that ticket, I was 17, being mouthy to the cop, and totally deserved the ticket.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #55
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8
I'm in Ohio and it's required, but I didn't put it on. It's on the floor in the back seat. The salesman I bought it from suggested I keep it there. If a cop asks I'll tell him I ordered one, but it's not here yet.

Got a ticket awhile back and the cop never mentioned it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #56
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCLv View Post
I ordered a ZL1addon front license plate (camaro) for 2SS and found the plate is too close to front bumper after installation (no spacer in the package), and if using the screw on right upper corner, highly likely to scratch the car...maybe should use a pad behind the plate

I know there is another version for ZL1, does the ZL1 version come with a spacer?
The back bracket is made to be bent to make it farther from the front bumper. You can just bend it out and you get more clearance. We also have a mode for it as shown that also keep from not using the foam block we used to use for wind buffer. Just call; us for help 858 527 8727
Attached Images

Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote