Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Car-selling tips?

I'm still trying to sell my 2008 Hyundai Elantra SE...but with no luck. I've tried eBay motors, my local newspaper, and even AutoTrader and cars.com. I've had a few people who seemed interested, but most of them never got back to me or didn't wanna pay anything near what I was asking.

I know, it's a Hyundai. :(

But I really need to sell it if I wanna get my Camaro lol.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
if you want to sell fast, lower the price.

if you want to get what you want from it, stand firm. it will take a lot longer tho.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
Agree w/ Spike. You got some time, so if you want a certain price then stick it out. You might also try Craigslist. That seems to work pretty well for some people, too.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You still have a few months before you'll even have the possibility of your Camaro being delivered, so give it some time. If it gets past march and you havn't moved it, drop the price. Good luck!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
Ant

I dropped the price a lot, kinda and still people want it for like $10,000. I want at least $12,700.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
What is blue book or NADA on it and what do you owe?

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Ant

Quote:
What is blue book or NADA on it and what do you owe?
I owe $8700 and the NADA is $14,150 for a Clean Trade-in and $16,375 for Clean Retail.

Funny because the dealer offered me like $10,500 for a trade-in.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
You also have to take into account how the economy is right now.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I owe $8700 and the NADA is $14,150 for a Clean Trade-in and $16,375 for Clean Retail.

Funny because the dealer offered me like $10,500 for a trade-in.
I'd take the trade in then.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 01-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Ok Nada & KBB are only there as guide lines for you they are not the bible. What you need to do is look at what others in your area with the same miles, options & what have you are selling for if they are selling for 16k then so be it but willing to flex on the price.

Use Craigslist is a good site to get your car out there, I have used it on several things including parts & to sell cars.

I just sold a car last may that looked like Crap for 2k, it was a 00 Cav with over 100k miles on it, Great running car but looked beat up. (someone took a baseball bat to it several times)

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You are your own salesperson here, so you need to make the offer and product seem lucrative even when it is not. First, it is important to explain that the car is in great condition and that you are not getting rid of it for reasons of performance or quality. If you say those things, then you will convey that the car is not good enough for you and therefore not good enough for your customer. Compare it to a car that is inferior. The odds are that your buyer knows very little about cars, so you can chose a car with clearly subordinate performance for the comparison. This approach runs the risk of your customer calling your bullshit, but someone is bound to fall for it and offer more money than it is worth. Compare it to a Honda Fit, and explain how it has more room and other amenities. Talk a lot about the quality for the money, and tell them that it is worth slightly more than it is actually worth. This is just one approach to sales. It is the one your idiotic local car salesperson is likely to pursue.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

You filthy dealership trainee...lol

Kurt Vonnegut
Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
You filthy dealership trainee...lol
I turned down that offer for my current job.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote