Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
So many trading in V6 for V8 threads.

I have been on car forums for over 12 years and I have NEVER seen so many people trading in cars after less than two years. Some people only have the car a few months and are talking about trading in. Am I the only one that thinks these people are throwing away so much money? To me my car was a VERY big purchase and I have known exactly what I wanted for the past 5 years. I have had many opportunities to buy cars in these last five years, but they weren't a convertible SS. The second I heard they were ordering the verts I ran to the Chevy dealer and wrote them a check. I have had perma grin ever since. The idea that people can buy a brand new car, have it a few months and then trade it in for something else is just so alien to me. Maybe everyone just has a lot more money than me and they don't mind burning a few thousand bucks.

Just my little insignificant opinion.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Sidd218
GM Loyal

Drives: 2006 Impala SS
Yeah I get what you mean, but I guess some people couldn't afford what they wanted or they either couldn't find what they wanted and settled. I plan on trading up, but not for a year or so, mainly cause I wanted a V6 at first, but really want a 1SS M6 now after have a 2LT for 7 months, yeah ill be wasting money, but hey at least its something I really want and more importantly its a CAMARO!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Once you get bit by the power bug.... all you want is MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I've thought that for many years. But not just this car.

Over the past 20 years me and Bonnie have never bought a used car and never traded one in. It always seemed like such a waste.

Now we are doing it right now actually, trading her Lexus for a used c6 low mile Vette. But I know people who do it all the time. How the hell do they not lose a TON of money.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I understand what you mean. I always carefully consider what I want and need from my vehicles and buy ones that fit those needs. I never trade tahem in before they are payed off I can't afford to take that kind of hit. But to those that can or want to hey it's their money they can do what they want.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Well....some people get the V6 because of finances....and sometimes they get a good deal on an SS (because they can upgrade) so they do.

Whereas you got the best of the best. (vert SS) so what are you going to do? Go to a V6? I think not.

Sometimes, people don't really care if they are losing money as long as their monthly payment stays close to what it was before....even if it means adding another 2-3 years to the pay schedule.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Well....some people get the V6 because of finances....and sometimes they get a good deal on an SS (because they can upgrade) so they do.

Whereas you got the best of the best. (vert SS) so what are you going to do? Go to a V6? I think not.

Sometimes, people don't really care if they are losing money as long as their monthly payment stays close to what it was before....even if it means adding another 2-3 years to the pay schedule.

Exactly............Most people do not ask .."How much does it cost?" Instead they ask...."How much does it cost per month?".................As long as they are happy I guess
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Carver1

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
I took a V6 home for the weekend. It was fun, but the sound wasn't there. I just pictured a mid 90's v6 camaro, and then figured out that this 2011 would be one of those cars in a few years.
Ended up with the SS.
Even an old SS is still an SS!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
I did it...paid cash for both the LT and the SS. WHY??>? because I can and I wanted to. Besides...I sold the LT for $500.00 less than I paid for it......the used car buyer was the idiot!!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #10
Carver1

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
.the used car buyer was the idiot!!
oxymoron.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
and some people talk trash,,for whatever reason..
Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #12
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Once you get bit by the power bug.... all you want is MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
That's what modding is for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I've thought that for many years. But not just this car.

Over the past 20 years me and Bonnie have never bought a used car and never traded one in. It always seemed like such a waste.

Now we are doing it right now actually, trading her Lexus for a used c6 low mile Vette. But I know people who do it all the time. How the hell do they not lose a TON of money.
We are the opposite, all our 7 previous cars have been used. This is our first new car. The thought of trading in has never crossed my mind at all on any car, cause I just know I'll get bent over on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
Exactly............Most people do not ask .."How much does it cost?" Instead they ask...."How much does it cost per month?".................As long as they are happy I guess
I can tell you that when the ZL1 comes out it will be a great car, but no way I would trade mine in for it.

I guess that is one of the reasons this nations economy is the way it is. People want more than they can afford and will pay so much more than something is worth just to get lower payments.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
Bumblebee10
Bumblebee10

Drives: 2011 2LT Red Jewel RS Automatic
Wife and I had arguement when we got the 2010 camaro 2LT(non RS) She complained that she never got to drive it. One day..I gave in and traded it in for a Toyota Venza to make her happy. Then 8 months later we both missed the Camaro. We traded in the Venza last week and it's negative equity and got a real 2011 2LT Camaro RS in red jewel tint. Now I guess you could say we are both happy...but she is the one driving it more now. If we did not have the negative equity from Venza and still had the 2010 Camaro, we could of traded it in for an SS, and I have to admit we made a mistake but atleast we still have a new "Camaro". Yes, it is a V6 but it is still 110% more fun to drive than a V6 Venza!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
I did it...paid cash for both the LT and the SS. WHY??>? because I can and I wanted to. Besides...I sold the LT for $500.00 less than I paid for it......the used car buyer was the idiot!!
See I could understand getting VERY close to what you paid. That's a win, win. Wait, did you sell it or trade it?

Closed Thread