Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
zachking100

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1LT
Cool Trading Up

Hey guys I currently have a 2014 Camaro 1LT convertible that I bought like 4 or 5 months ago. I have been to the dealer with new issues almost every week for like three months when I first got the car. I am probably going to trade it in but aside from that I am looking to go up to a 2014 Camaro 2SS convertible. I found one for 30 thousand, and I paid 25 for my current car. Is it worth it to go up I have the extra money for it. I just want other people's opinions on this matter. Also lately I have been having a problem the dealer can't fix something with the stabilitrak it doesn't come up on their computers. So they keep telling me they can't do anything. I lost control of the car on a highway three days ago and spun out. I wasn't doing anything other then driving straight, then this thing went off and the car took off started fishtailing, and that was it I spun out right in front of an oil tanker. So this car has something wrong with it, and is dangerous which is why I want to trade it in.

Thanks guys,
Zachy Yonk
zachking100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Time for a v8! You won't regret it a bit.
You'll just have to be a little more careful with that throttle of yours.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
zachking100

Hahaha that is if I get the approval from my mom first. It's 30 grand for the 2ss I am looking at it is also convertible is this a fair price? Also I gotta figure out a way to convince my mom tonight haha.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachking100 View Post
Hahaha that is if I get the approval from my mom first. It's 30 grand for the 2ss I am looking at it is also convertible is this a fair price? Also I gotta figure out a way to convince my mom tonight haha.
If you really want a V8 you can always drop a year or 2 and it will be cheaper. Also convertible is more expensive than coupe.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #5
zachking100

Ya I know I have the money for the 2014 one if I trade my current car in. I got the approval now the only thing is, the car I have is under my grandfathers name, and I would need him to be there. I am hopefully going to get the dealer to bring the car down to a dealer near me. If not I will put the car under my name, and then transfer it over to my grandfathers if that is possible. I am very excited to be joining the V8 community it has been my dream since i was 10 I never thought I would have had the opportunity to do it at my age now haha. Thanks guys.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:39 AM   #6
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
If the car has that bad of problems and the dealer can't fix it, make them buy it back under the Lemon Law, then put that cash toward the 2SS. If that spin out really was a mechanical failure, get rid of it one way or another before it kills you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #7
zachking100

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
If the car has that bad of problems and the dealer can't fix it, make them buy it back under the Lemon Law, then put that cash toward the 2SS. If that spin out really was a mechanical failure, get rid of it one way or another before it kills you!
Hahaha Ya I know I'm going Wednesday to the dealer in New Jersey to look at the 2014 2SS. I was wondering the drive is like 2 hours long almost, and I don't want to have to bring my grandfather along with me since it will most likely going to be under his name for insurance reasons. But my questions is can I go there, and have them fax the papers over to him, and then have him sign them and fax them back. Or is that not allowed. I am going to be calling the dealer tomorrow morning first thing to ask but I wanted to know if anyone here has some knowledge of that. Also the reason I can't file the lemon law is because they have to know what the problem is. On their computers it is reading as if everything is perfect when I know it isn't. Sadly I can't get the full price back.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:53 AM   #8
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
He'll probably have to be present to sign the car over, or if not, have him sign everything in the presence of a notary. Good luck on this, I hope it all works out in the end for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #9
zachking100

Thanks guys, I will be posting again soon on whether I am able to get my money back for the car, and whether I am going to be getting that car or not I hope I get it haha.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #10
njipere

Drives: camaro
that spin out really was a mechanical failure, get rid of it one way or another before it kills you!
njipere is offline   Reply With Quote