Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #127
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
All these posts and no one asks, so I will. How much was the ticket?
$65
Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #128
camarocpa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I haven't read every response and I'm no mechanic, but aren't jackstands used exactly for safety reasons??? It's not like the car was up on a wobbly scissors jack or stacked on some cinder blocks.

"For the children's safety" my ass...
Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #129
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Hernandez View Post
yeah so an update on what happend yesterday!Turns out there had been a couple of robberies in my neighborhood and one of my neighbors called the cops thinking my rims had been stolen.He came to my house this morning to apoligize.I still think the cops were stupid they could at least had mentioned this to me.

As far as the ticket goes i wasnt disrespectful in any way i was in shock tho I mean i understand its unsafe for kids but what are they doing messing with a car on jacks in the first place shouldnt that be a problem with there parents and CPS
-
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #130
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Well, your neighbor apologized but if anyone else decides to get nosy, may I suggest this purchase? Your local hoity toity Hoa president will love this!
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #131
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
It is a driveway exterior violation.. not related to the house itself as a structure.

So the cop takes time out of his day to APOLOGIZE to you when the ultimate fault lies on the absurd restrictions with your own city ordinances and your ridiculous neighbors... as far as I am concerned your neighbors should be apologizing to you when they SEE YOU EVERY DAMN DAY!! .. they know where you live and know what you drive. And yet after all of that you just had to still squeeze in that the cops were stupid?

...your ignorance and level of disrespect is just precious. Best of wishes to you and have a great day!
Not the cop you think a cop is going to come apoligize i doubt they even remember what happend.The neighbor was the one that apoligized!

Whos ignorance and level of disrespect???
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #132
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
$65

That's Outragous. Get a lawyer
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #133
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Not the cop you think a cop is going to come apoligize i doubt they even remember what happend.The neighbor was the one that apoligized!
Yes, I get that now... but what I am telling you.. how is the cop STUPID when he responded to a call. A call of a burglary and you began to rant and rave about how 7 responded to a civil issue only? You continued to bash the department when it is clear the fault is your neighbors and your neighbors only... you violated a city ordinance. It may be stupid, it may be cheesy.. but it is a violation based on a city governed by civilians your city elected...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #134
Allan Hernandez

Thats what im thinking its not the money thats the problem here its the whole principle of the ticket
Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #135
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Thats what im thinking its not the money thats the problem here its the whole principle of the ticket
He was being sarcastic...
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #136
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Yes, I get that now... but what I am telling you.. how is the cop STUPID when he responded to a call. A call of a burglary and you began to rant and rave about how 7 responded to a civil issue only? You continued to bash the department when it is clear the fault is your neighbors and your neighbors only...
As you can see i initially posted this thread yesterday when i didnt know someone had called in a robbery thinking they had stolen my rims and i said the cops were stupid because they didn't mention someone had called in because they thought it was a robbery in I post a posted today
Old 05-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #137
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
He was being sarcastic...
and i gave him my answer
Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #138
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
As you can see i initially posted this thread yesterday when i didnt know someone had called in a robbery thinking they had stolen my rims and i said the cops were stupid because they didn't mention someone had called in because they thought it was a robbery in I post a posted today
I read that.. I want to know where you think law enforcement is required to tell you the reasoning for their response if they establish cause for another violation... IE Section 6.03

Then.. how or why you feel you aren't in violation of Section 6.03? If your neighbor had a POS car across the street from you and it was on jack stands 3 or 4 days out of the week would it piss you off?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #139
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
I read that.. I want to know where you think law enforcement is required to tell you the reasoning for their response if they establish cause for another violation... IE Section 6.03

Then.. how or why you feel you aren't in violation of Section 6.03? If your neighbor had a POS car across the street from you and it was on jack stands 3 or 4 days out of the week would it piss you off?
There not but your bashing on me cause supposedly i was bashing because of the 7 cop cars..wouldnt you do the same if you didnt see a just cause for the 7 cop cars!

Ok read the initial thread!I mention that I was plasti dipping my rims I was planning on leaving my car on jacks for a day while the rims dried.No where in the thread did I say I had left my car on jacks for 4 days!and sense when is a camaro a pos car lol!!!

but if my neighbor decided to place a car on jacks for the rest of the year I shouldnt find it a problem should I! Sense when do other humans dictate what other humans can and cant do!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #140
tokyov

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ22 View Post
For the 7 officer response, my guess is one of your neighbors who don't like you or don't know you called 911 and said someone is stealing the wheels off your car. As far as the ticket goes, my guess is that once they showed up and started questioning you, you probably weren't very respectful or had an attitude with them. Attitudes go nowhere with cops and will get you exactly what you got, a ticket.

That makes everything alright: one can get out of tickets for being “nice” to LE, but if you stand up for your rights, they will be more likely to write you a ticket. Fight them in court; make the city prove this was a dangerous condition and that you actually violated whatever statute/ordinance you were cited for. If you win.. Feel free to do it everyday!

Closed Thread