Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
First negative experience with my Bumblebee.

I just had my first negative experience with my Bumblebee.

I am a high school teacher, and I love my job. I teach Psychology and Sociology. Since these classes are not mandatory, every student that takes my class has voluntarily decided to take it. This means that I am blessed to have the best kids in the building.

However, even the best kids can have bad days.

For the past few days, I had a student that would not stop talking. Then he actually stuck a pencil in his ear and asked a question about a lady who sat on a toilet for so many years that she became attached to it. (Which is actually a true story, but that is not the point.) He has also jumped on the desks, and takes the supplies of the other students. (remember I teach high school)

These are just four of many scenarios that occurred in the past two weeks that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic we were covering in class. Obviously he is trying to be the class clown and disrupt learning. I have called home, and was told by his father that he has been trying to deal with his son for 17 years, and he doesn’t know what else to do. He said there was nothing he could do to help me, and that his son was my problem not his.

Today I told him that I was going to write a referral for disruptive behavior because he was interfering with the education of the other 30 students in the class. These other students have come up to me multiple times in the past two weeks with complaints, and that he needed to start paying attention, since he currently has a 40% in my class, and is the only student that is failing. (His failing grade has nothing to do with his IQ. It has to do with his behavior, and the amount of time that he spends in the hallway, and the Dean's office.)

To this he responded---

“Are you sure you want to do that? I know what car you drive.”

I took a second to breathe and calm down, and ask if that was a serious threat. He said “Yes”

I said “o.k., now I have something else to add to your referral, and I’m pretty sure the punishment will be much worse than it would have been without the threat.”

There is no way that I am going to let a 17 year old kid think that he can threaten me. That said, I will be checking out the status of my car every day before I leave the school parking lot.

When I bought my car, I never thought that a student would threaten me or my car. I know if I would have bought a "regular" car this would never have happened. This is my first negative experience with my Bumblebee.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Do you belong to the teachers union, if so I would also report it to them, since property was threatened. Having formally documented makes it the schools responsibility even more.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Be sure and keep your insurance paid up...and your deduction low.
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
What happened to the good ol' days when a good azz whoopin took care of things? Oh yeah, you get sued now....
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
You better check (quietly) with his 'friends' to see if he has any Animal Torture Episodes or other aberrant behaviors. This sounds like a step in progression to self destruction or worse - harm to an innocent person.
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Sounds like a kid who didn't get his a** beat enough when he was younger.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
I just had my first negative experience with my Bumblebee.

I am a high school teacher, and I love my job. I teach Psychology and Sociology. Since these classes are not mandatory, every student that takes my class has voluntarily decided to take it. This means that I am blessed to have the best kids in the building.

However, even the best kids can have bad days.

For the past few days, I had a student that would not stop talking. Then he actually stuck a pencil in his ear and asked a question about a lady who sat on a toilet for so many years that she became attached to it. (Which is actually a true story, but that is not the point.) He has also jumped on the desks, and takes the supplies of the other students. (remember I teach high school)

These are just four of many scenarios that occurred in the past two weeks that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic we were covering in class. Obviously he is trying to be the class clown and disrupt learning. I have called home, and was told by his father that he has been trying to deal with his son for 17 years, and he doesn’t know what else to do. He said there was nothing he could do to help me, and that his son was my problem not his.

Today I told him that I was going to write a referral for disruptive behavior because he was interfering with the education of the other 30 students in the class. These other students have come up to me multiple times in the past two weeks with complaints, and that he needed to start paying attention, since he currently has a 40% in my class, and is the only student that is failing. (His failing grade has nothing to do with his IQ. It has to do with his behavior, and the amount of time that he spends in the hallway, and the Dean's office.)

To this he responded---

“Are you sure you want to do that? I know what car you drive.”

I took a second to breathe and calm down, and ask if that was a serious threat. He said “Yes”

I said “o.k., now I have something else to add to your referral, and I’m pretty sure the punishment will be much worse than it would have been without the threat.”

There is no way that I am going to let a 17 year old kid think that he can threaten me. That said, I will be checking out the status of my car every day before I leave the school parking lot.

When I bought my car, I never thought that a student would threaten me or my car. I know if I would have bought a "regular" car this would never have happened. This is my first negative experience with my Bumblebee.
This is why, after 11 years of teaching middle & high school....I am now a Real Estate agent. So many Parents no longer discipline and/or expect their kids to behave, and from 7:30-3:00 they are "your problem." I can deal with most kids being kids...they are not "real" problems. But when parents make comments like that, or were too naive/stupid to think their kids could EVER do ANYTHING wrong...that is when the kids know that there will be no consequences at home....and you have lost any and all control.

I better stop now, 'cause I could go on for hours and just work myself up. LOL

I feel your pain and empathize with your situation. This is why I drove a beater car to school, and saved my Camaros for "me" time. Contact member Spymaster, and get yourself one of those cameras he carries. If that little *&^%$ messes with your baby...you will have undisputable proof.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any camera in the lot for teacher parking? If not, perhaps the school can let you park in an area that has cameras based on his threat...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
make a police report get it on file
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Don't you have a beater you can drive to the school??

BTY, Aren't parents held legally responsible for their childrens behavior if their under 18??
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
make a police report get it on file
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I would inform his father that if any harm comes to your car, you are willing to hire a lawyer and take the father/son to court for full restitution of any/all damages that may occur. Inform the Principal that he threatened to damage your personal property in writing, and let the authorities (police) deal with him.

I wouldn't put up with any sh$# from the punk. Kick him out of your class, and put your time into the students that want to learn.

Can you swap cars with your significant other, or car pool with someone else?
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Sounds like a kid who didn't get his a** beat enough when he was younger.
You definitely can't let anyone intimidate you so I would stand my ground.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
He sounds mentally unstable. I would watch your back. After that threat he should not be allowed back in that classroom and be suspended.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote