Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #1
matar123

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Ls3 Cammed/Blown
New Car Lowering Springs Choices

I just got a 2010 camaro ss with the rs package. I want to lower it but i cant afford coilovers and I am trying to get it as low as possible. My choices right now are the h&r super sport springs and the bmr 1.4 inch lowering springs I also dont want to get a spring that will blow out my stock strut. So if you have any suggestions on some good springs and maybe even some pics of your cars with springs on them please post.
matar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
BMR - we price them Right, Guarantee them for life against Sag
tc@bmrsuspension.com
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The H&R Super Sports are way too low for the stock shocks. The car will ride like crap and will destroy your shocks. BMR all the way.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
BMR Springs are excellent! I'd vote for them also. Let me know if we can be of assistance. We'd love to be involved.

All the best,

Jared Royce

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 801-545-4215
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #5
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I'm lowered on Detroit Speed Engineering after I couldn't get Pedder's. They ride the same, 1" all 4 corners and the stance and pricing was comparable.
I can't advise on any others but I do love the way my car looks and the ride is pretty much the same with exception that I did sways as well, so it rides and handles so much better than stock! I do highly recommend sways and springs. If you're going for better handling, do the sways first and then the springs. If you're doing it for looks, then get the springs but whatever you do, be sure to get the bushings timed or re-cocked and an alignment with the springs. This is only required when you raise or lower your car height.
Everyone has an suggestion or answer like every as butt holes, so the answers or comments may be all over the board with one manufacturer over another. I know some like Phadt, BMR, and the only other one I know of that I wouldn't suggest is Eibach Pro kit. My rear springs kept coming out of perch and no matter what two different shops did, I had the same issue. Eibach refunded me a little over a year later on these springs and that's when I went to Pedder on the previous Camaro. When I couldn't get them for the current car due to USA distribution, the shop that did my Pedder install highly recommended the DSE parts.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
matar123

what would be the lowest bmr spring that I could get on stock shocks? chozen4service do Detroit Speed Engineering make a lower spring I want to be a little lower than 1 inch and where did you get those fenders? really like your car
Old 02-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #7
matar123

I just got off of their website and Detroit Speed Engineering looks really good I am thinking about just getting those. But it is advertised that they lower the car 1.5 inches which would be perfect but chozen4service said he got a 1 inch drop so im a little confused.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:26 PM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by matar123 View Post
what would be the lowest bmr spring that I could get on stock shocks?
1.4" is the lowest. They also offer 1.25".
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #9
rosario29r

Drives: 2015 SS Camaro
Here's mine with BMR 1.25" on all four corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosario29r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:16 PM   #10
matar123

Thank you everyone for your help. I ended up ordering the Detroit Speed Engineering lowering springs that should be a 1.5" drop.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:18 AM   #11
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I'm lowered on Detroit Speed Engineering after I couldn't get Pedder's. They ride the same, 1" all 4 corners and the stance and pricing was comparable.
I can't advise on any others but I do love the way my car looks and the ride is pretty much the same with exception that I did sways as well, so it rides and handles so much better than stock! I do highly recommend sways and springs. If you're going for better handling, do the sways first and then the springs. If you're doing it for looks, then get the springs but whatever you do, be sure to get the bushings timed or re-cocked and an alignment with the springs. This is only required when you raise or lower your car height.
Everyone has an suggestion or answer like every as butt holes, so the answers or comments may be all over the board with one manufacturer over another. I know some like Phadt, BMR, and the only other one I know of that I wouldn't suggest is Eibach Pro kit. My rear springs kept coming out of perch and no matter what two different shops did, I had the same issue. Eibach refunded me a little over a year later on these springs and that's when I went to Pedder on the previous Camaro. When I couldn't get them for the current car due to USA distribution, the shop that did my Pedder install highly recommended the DSE parts.

May i ask if your running stock socks and struts? Any rubbing issues with your tires? Would like to know your tire sizes if possible

LOVELY LOOKING RIDE BY THE WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosario29r View Post
Here's mine with BMR 1.25" on all four corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks stunning! Do you recommend the 1.25" BMR springs for daily driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matar123 View Post
Thank you everyone for your help. I ended up ordering the Detroit Speed Engineering lowering springs that should be a 1.5" drop.
Any updates?
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote