Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2017, 11:40 PM   #29
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
About one month ago a young man threw is door open & it went into my driver's rear quarter. Thank the Lord I was returning to my vehicle and saw it because he got into his vehicle and was driving off (he was a passenger). I latterly pulled him out of the car I was so pissed, when he done it I screamed at him, he looked down at it and actually had to pull the door away from my car because it had bound up. The ding/dent wasn't to to bad but the scrape in the paint was the problem. This was not a paintless repair job. Telephone the military police (happened on base) who responded, this way I got all his information. His insurance covered every single penny.
Thank you for your service.

Like I said, a good shop will send you to PDR if it is appropriate. Of course you (or your insurance company) are on the hook if that will not make it like it was before...

Bottom line, you f up someones car? You step up and make it right. Just like you'd expect if it were your car.

Don't go patting yourself on the back for admitting you did it. Pat yourself on the back when you pay up to fix it. Whatever it cost.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #30
68RSZ

Drives: 68 RSZ & 2010 SS2RS
I think it was more than a ding...
Attached Images

68RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:47 AM   #31
silversleeper
Some ol' dude

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
If it's a dent that can be completely fixed by PDR, why would you want the whole door repainted?

Depending on the color and where the dent is, that could mean blending into other body panels and making the repaired area even larger. If it was my car, I'd want to minimize any repair. If PDR could fix it, I'd want PDR so as to preserve the original factory paint on it.

And, just Iike I previously stated, I would consult with the owner (injured party) as to the PDR shop the owner would be comfortable in using. If PDR could not fully fix the dent, then we would coordinate on the body shop of choice he wishes to use to completely fix the damage.

However, like I said earlier, some people drag it out by never getting around to it until much later. This is what you don't want to happen.
68rsz what was that from a brodozer bumper?

That sounds like the best fair way to solve this.
Try to make sure the PDR has good reviews, and ASK the damaged party, if you can pay for this person to come out tomorrow to fix your car. It would retain the factory paint so no paint mismatches. If it doesn't work to HIS satisfaction, you will simply be out the money for the attempt, and then either turn it over to insurance or get an estimate asap. Then pay him the amount of a reasonable estimate with e.g. a check. If you feel it is too high, suggest you both work through insurance.
I don't think any of these steps are improper or unreasonable.
I usually turn these things over to insurance right away now after bad experiences with the other parties claiming unreasonable expenses. Some 3rd party tells them get a free paintjob out of it etc and you're faced with $thousands bill. Having an adjuster document it with pictures right off eliminates this bs from your life.
Also if I'm the damaged party likewise. Often the responsible party feels obligated to pay for repairs at the time, then weasels away from that. "That can buff right out" "PDR can fix that for $25 so here is $25", (but it's down to the metal with a crease)". Then they don't answer the phone or provide their insurance information etc. Some states won't accept car lawsuits in small claims court and just say go through YOUR insurance. So by trying to work it out with the other party and waiting you've accomplished nothing. And your insurance company wants to know why you're just now reporting something that happened months ago.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #32
gringo

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RSZ View Post
I think it was more than a ding...
Holy cow! How did that happen?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #33
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Post #30,
Wow sorry to see this. Its fixable and accidents happen, but really???? Some people have no tact. That is a pure hit and split if I saw one. Some losers that do this even wonder why stuff happens to them......

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #34
'11ls3camaro

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
People suck. Maybe he was waiting for you to offer a 12 year old boy as trade since he's a "man of god"?

My exact thought. Sacrifice your son and I'll get that door fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'11ls3camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #35
68RSZ

Drives: 68 RSZ & 2010 SS2RS
My neighbors wife borrowed his F-150. She back right into it.
68RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #36
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RSZ View Post
My neighbors wife borrowed his F-150. She back right into it.
At least you know who did it. Fairly straightforward to resolve, just make sure you have a top quality body shop to do the repair.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote