Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
chevyman91

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Valuable slotted brake rotors

Hello I have a 2011 SS with the brembo calibers.

So getting a loud squeal from the front pads and none from the back. The pads have more then half left and don't want to get rid of them. But it looks like there is quite a bit of the pads not touching the rotors which is telling me they are warped. So I am wanting to get some slotted rotors. I am not trying to spend a arm and a leg but looking for some valuable rotors to buy. I am a big time person of buying stuff on ebay but want some reviews on some slotted cheap rotors that did wonders. For you.

Yes I am being cheap by saying I want cheap ones but that's how I am. Please post pictures if you have any...item number and a review. Please and thank you.
chevyman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
R1 Concept rotors are a vendor on here. They are a little bit more expensive over OE. I hear great things about them but never bought their rotors.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2014 1LT RS
Do you get a pulsing in the brake pedal when you apply the brakes? If not then your rotors probably aren't warped; if so they could be warped or possibly not sitting on the hub flush. Are these factory rotors? What does the rotor surface look like (should be shiny with a consistent appearance)? If you remove the pads, are they worn unevenly?
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #4
chevyman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Do you get a pulsing in the brake pedal when you apply the brakes? If not then your rotors probably aren't warped; if so they could be warped or possibly not sitting on the hub flush. Are these factory rotors? What does the rotor surface look like (should be shiny with a consistent appearance)? If you remove the pads, are they worn unevenly?

To be honest the pads look great and so does the rotors. I get Bo pulsating or lack of braking. They just squeal like crazy
Old 10-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2014 1LT RS
I ain't no brakes expert but if you've checked out the brakes are everything looks good then maybe try taking off the rotors and pads and cleaning (with a small wire brush or even touch brush) all of the areas where they touch each other, then add some brake lube to the back of the pads where the pistons touch, to insure there is nothing interfering with the pads and causing vibration.

If that doesn't work then perhaps you could try a bedding process - typically done with new pads and rotors but maybe they just need a good workout.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #6
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
You most likely have pad deposits on the rotors and need to rebed your pads, not replace your rotors.

What pad bedding procedure did you use when you installed your pads?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #7
chevyman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You most likely have pad deposits on the rotors and need to rebed your pads, not replace your rotors.

What pad bedding procedure did you use when you installed your pads?

They are the stock pads. Nothing has been replaced