Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
jordan 572

Drives: none
Thumbs down This is a problem!!!

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you end up doing? I have 1100 miles on my car. I never have drove on a dirt road and wash my car 3-5 times a week. This made me sick.
Attached Images

jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Take it to the dealer- that my friend is a warranty issue!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Spoiler rubbing causing that?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
sorry to see this happen but also ummmmm you wash your car way to much. the more you wash it the more you ruin your paint. i am saying that not as a first hand experience. i have been told that by many people who also are car people, but hey could be how they washed it so please dont flame me.

so maybe relax on the washing so often, try washing twice a month and detail maybe 4 times a month and use a duster to keep clean.

but good luck and sorry that must hurt.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
jordan 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
sorry to see this happen but also ummmmm you wash your car way to much. the more you wash it the more you ruin your paint. i am saying that not as a first hand experience. i have been told that by many people who also are car people, but hey could be how they washed it so please dont flame me.

so maybe relax on the washing so often, try washing twice a month and detail maybe 4 times a month and use a duster to keep clean.

what would washing a car have to do with having the paint fall off? dirt was getting caught between the body and spoiler. So washing would prevent this even more you'd think.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post

Not flaming you, but common sense by anyone who doesn't even know a thing about cars would say you're a bit off base here. The paint forumula and process used on even the CHEAPEST modern cars is designed to go through THOUSANDS of abraisive car washes and home washes. Whoever told you this are NOT car people. They are fools.

The problems the OP is having are genuine warranty issues that GM should fix at no charge. It is unacceptable for paint to peel like that, especially on a brand new car.

Ask anyone whoever owned a 1987-91 Chevy Beretta or Corsica about peeling paint
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
jordan 572

my dad has been a body man for 35 years and says not to have it repainted as you can see NONE of the chips with the spoiler on except for 2 the size of a dull pencil tip. He says the stripes will get in the way and the factory orange peel wont be the same. I agree. If the chipping gets worse he will be painting it as I know he can do a better job then the dealership. NO offense.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
shevyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Not flaming you, but common sense by anyone who doesn't even know a thing about cars would say you're a bit off base here. The paint forumula and process used on even the CHEAPEST modern cars is designed to go through THOUSANDS of abraisive car washes and home washes. Whoever told you this are NOT car people. They are fools.

The problems the OP is having are genuine warranty issues that GM should fix at no charge. It is unacceptable for paint to peel like that, especially on a brand new car.

Ask anyone whoever owned a 1987-91 Chevy Beretta or Corsica about peeling paint
JORDAN & FASTBALL i ran out of the house after i posted that, but then realized it was his spoiler. sooo yeah i know washing the car to much wont peal the paint but from the pics the paint started to look dull. so nah its cool i am not to educated with all this new paint and regulations that they have for them. but i have heard the paint for are cars is not what it use to be. sooooo i also figured to many washes on this cheap paint could cause some damage but not the striping of paint.

MY MISTAKE!
i did not clarify what i was talking about. the washing was not for the chipping of the paint i kind of forgot what i said. i hit post and ran was in a hurry so no harm taken for flaming me. and i know i was some what off subject do to his question i started my post wrong.

as for the chipping of the paint, do you think it had anything to do with adding the spoiler while the paint was not yet cured completly and those parts were still wet?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
booenson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Same thing happened to me, I had maybe 500 km's on it, noticed it was chipping underneath the spoiler a bit. When I took my car in to get it striped, I saw just how bad it actually was and had it repainted within a couple hours, no questions asked by the dealer.

The dealer's tech supervisor said the problem was caused by the spoiler mounting bolts being loose, how true this is I'm not sure, but the fact is it was taken care of in an extremely quick time and that's all I'm concerned about.
booenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
shevyman

so that is what happend. wonder how many cars this has affected
Old 07-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
Take it to the dealer- that my friend is a warranty issue!
/Thread
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by booenson View Post
Same thing happened to me, I had maybe 500 km's on it, noticed it was chipping underneath the spoiler a bit. When I took my car in to get it striped, I saw just how bad it actually was and had it repainted within a couple hours, no questions asked by the dealer.

The dealer's tech supervisor said the problem was caused by the spoiler mounting bolts being loose, how true this is I'm not sure, but the fact is it was taken care of in an extremely quick time and that's all I'm concerned about.
This was an issue on the early builds. Some others on the site have had this same problem.

Quit trying to touch it up, if that is a paint brush in the one photo. This should be covered under warranty. Paint is covered.

May have missed it, but why did you take the spoiler off?
Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
I haven't seen anything like that on my Black Camaro????
IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #14
justin2fast4u

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
i have 2 spots on the corner of each side of the spoiler that the paint has just rubbed off, suppose to be setting up an appt to get to the dealer and get it fixed
justin2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote