Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #15
rad

Drives: Ordered 1/22/10: SW 2LT/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Plus, Camaro madness will die down too.
That may not be true. There are still very few on the road, at least in Southern California. It's still the best kept secret. The Camaro is stunning, powerful with lots of bang for the buck.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
The 2011 5.0 Coyote may put them back to work.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #17
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
all I can say is too bad, so sad
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
That may not be true. There are still very few on the road, at least in Southern California. It's still the best kept secret. The Camaro is stunning, powerful with lots of bang for the buck.
Maybe, but the Chevy dealers here have had Camaros sitting on the lot. I personally know that my dealership has had the same 4 on the lot for 3 weeks now. I've passed them several times a week. This time last year, they would have been gone by the end of the second day. It's allready died to that extent. It will be a popular car for a while, but the next Mustang is pretty damn impressive and stock expectations are that it will be faster than ours. I've read up on it and if what I'm reading is accurate, they will be right. Maybe not by much, but Ford is uping their Stock game as far as this goes.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #19
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Never want to see anyone lose their job. Tough situation.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence View Post
It's easy to make the Camaro a villian here. Remember that the plant in Flat Rock that builds the Mustangs also builds the Mazda 6. How come they didn't mention that. Since the Mazda 6 doesn't compete with the Camaro then who is the reason that the Mazda 6 sales are down.

Just saying...

Robin
And the they are planning on upping the line rate 35%. So all told counting the reduced Mazda 6 sales, Mustang may not be down that much. And further, they may be realizing that the Camaro still has the Convertible to come which will keep the interest high.

So, yes, Ford has brought their A-Game with the new Powertrain lineup, but the Camaro will remain formidable sales competition.

So the tragedy isn't the Mustang/Camaro battle (and we at Camaro5 know who wins that, right?) but the loss of the 900 jobs. Hopefully that isn't permanent. Michigan doesn't need that right now......or ever again.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #21
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Maybe, but the Chevy dealers here have had Camaros sitting on the lot. I personally know that my dealership has had the same 4 on the lot for 3 weeks now. I've passed them several times a week. This time last year, they would have been gone by the end of the second day. It's allready died to that extent. It will be a popular car for a while, but the next Mustang is pretty damn impressive and stock expectations are that it will be faster than ours. I've read up on it and if what I'm reading is accurate, they will be right. Maybe not by much, but Ford is uping their Stock game as far as this goes.
damn, I was hoping I wouldn't have to mod the performance yet...can't have a stock (not specialized) mustang running around faster than my Camaro
Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #22
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Anyone wanting a mustang would be foolish to buy one right now. Its no secret they are upgrading for 2011.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #23
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Cars sitting on a dealer's lot depends on many different things. When I went to buy my '69 Z/28 way back when, there were well over a hundred Camaros on the dealers lot, I had nine or ten Z/28s to pick from, twenty or more SS both in 350 and 396 configurations, and Camaros were selling like hotcakes. With the economy in the shape it presently is, I'm not surprised to see a few Camaros sitting on the lots, production and demand will eventually get pretty close to each other, but dealers should have cars on the lot to choose from. It should never get to the point again that they have none on the lot and you have to order to get one.
Clyde
Old 02-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
Never good news that people lost there job. I have a question though, obviously the Mustang is getting a new powerplant under there hoods, but since the design change is not to much will it be a big seller to the average person? I mean there are alot of people that buy a car just because of design, and not what is under the hood.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #25
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
Anyone wanting a mustang would be foolish to buy one right now. Its no secret they are upgrading for 2011.
well "what if" the 2014 Camaro came with 500+HP stock? A lot of Gen5s would be looking to sell I'll bet.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
I wouldn't say that. What everyone perceives as "value" will always be up to the individual. I think it would be safe to say buying a new '10 Mustang GT at full price right now would be foolish.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #27
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So the tragedy isn't the Mustang/Camaro battle (and we at Camaro5 know who wins that, right?) but the loss of the 900 jobs. Hopefully that isn't permanent. Michigan doesn't need that right now......or ever again.
I hate to see Michigan suffer another blow. I was born in Michigan and I love that state dearly. I am very happy for the success of the Camaro and GM, I just hate to see these Ford employees lose their jobs. Hopefully for them it is a short layoff.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
on a side not, and back on topic, it sucks that Americans are losing jobs to a car that's imported from Canada.
Closed Thread