Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #29
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
V6 Loaded $29k
SS Loaded $38k
I agree. Lutz already said that the Camaro is going to be a step up from cars in its class... (Mustang & Challenger) So pricing probably will be too. I would expect that a loaded V6 Camaro LT w RS package will run probably 28-29k...

Although it'd be nice if it was lower because that's what I plan on buying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Maybe but that's almost Corvette pricing for the SS. Think it needs to be a bit lower. 26 / 35 on those numbers.
The SS from what I heard from my source is supposed to start in between 31-33k so that wouldn't surprise me.

As for argument sakes for the quarter and 0-60mph times of the Camaro, I'm wondering too.

I drive a 06 SS Supercharged. Completely different car from the Camaro of course. But here's just some food for thought. 05-07 SS Supercharged (FWD, 2991lbs curb-weight) have the 2.0L Supercharged LSJ with 205hp & 200lbs torque.

Granted we're talking about a weight difference of roughly 558lbs my SS does 0-60mph in around 6.3-6.4 seconds, and the quarter in 14.3 stock.

Now the new 08+ Cobalt SS Turbocharged with the 2.0L Turbo LNF makes 260hp & 260 ft lbs of torque.

It does 0-60 in 5.5-5.7 & the 1/4 in 14.0 flat. Some drivers have gotten 13.8

So seeing the Camaro V6 has roughly 40hp more than the 08 Cobalt SS Turbocharged, and weighs 558lbs more I'm predicting it'll do 0-60 in the 5.7-5.9 second range, and probably do the quarter in low 14's...

Granted it's also RWD and not wrong wheel drive like the balt... it'll hook up better from a dig so who knows...

All I know is that my SS/SC's lease goes back next summer and once the Camaro V6 comes out i'll be waiting to see how it does stock and then I'll decide to see whether or not I'll get a 09 Cobalt SS Turbocharged or a 2010 Camaro LT w RS package...
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
I agree. Lutz already said that the Camaro is going to be a step up from cars in its class... (Mustang & Challenger) So pricing probably will be too. I would expect that a loaded V6 Camaro LT w RS package will run probably 28-29k...

Although it'd be nice if it was lower because that's what I plan on buying...

The SS from what I heard from my source is supposed to start in between 31-33k so that wouldn't surprise me.
Pricing will be competitive with cars in its class, according to fbodfather. In other words, the performance will be a step up, but the price will be on par with the Mustang.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #31
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

I certainly hope so. heck if that's true I'll be driving a Camaro SS by next summer...
Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #32
Sniper44

Drives: 1966 Ford Mustange
Don't know, Won't know

I just have to add something here. I know these are extremely educated guesses, and you all sound to have a lot of automotive experience. But we aren't going to have an impression of performance of the V6 til March, when people can drive them. No matter what GM is saying on the performance can you really believe the people that are going to be selling you the car? They want as much hype as possible surrounding this thing. These specs have changed a lot in the past few months and I am going to reserve my opinion on how 'fast' something feels til I actually feel it.

Just seems to me that people are kicking around performance numbers that seem to change from post to post. Who knows, I may be getting a V8!
Sniper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #33
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper44 View Post
I just have to add something here. I know these are extremely educated guesses, and you all sound to have a lot of automotive experience. But we aren't going to have an impression of performance of the V6 til March, when people can drive them. No matter what GM is saying on the performance can you really believe the people that are going to be selling you the car? They want as much hype as possible surrounding this thing. These specs have changed a lot in the past few months and I am going to reserve my opinion on how 'fast' something feels til I actually feel it.

Just seems to me that people are kicking around performance numbers that seem to change from post to post. Who knows, I may be getting a V8!
Good point, but IF they price it close to mustang/chally then many people "on the fence" will definately buy the Camaro, because even though the specs have changed lately they are all still far superior to the entry stang/chally. Let's hope they price it VERY competitively so that people can just look at the stats and say wow, the Camaro is much better value.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #34
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I was going to use my Camaro as a daily driver, I would get the V6. It is a great looking car with plenty of great options. But the hot rodder in me needs a V8 and I will do everything I can to get one.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #35
z28ssadmirer

Drives: 1968 SS Camaro
I love the new camaro but i want to see a video of it running a quarter c'mon guys lets get the perverbial ball rooling i wanna see this thing in action besides 14s with a v6 is killer and i know the v8 runs what 9s right god i cant wait to open her up and get my first ticket in the new camaro
z28ssadmirer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #36
z28ssadmirer

Drives: 1968 SS Camaro
Quote:
I was going to use my Camaro as a daily driver, I would get the V6. It is a great looking car with plenty of great options. But the hot rodder in me needs a V8 and I will do everything I can to get one.
Hey pal i say screw it go for the big boy v8 i am a hotrodder much like yourself and i cant wait and i mean come on who cares its not like the cruisers will keep up haha ;-P
z28ssadmirer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #37
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
Wrong.

The CTS does 0-60 in 5.7 and the Camaro is lighter/sportier than the CTS

look for the 0-60 to be 5.5 and 1/4 in 14.1
That's going to be at best. And I'm hoping that it could do that. However I'm concerned, problem is most people are looking at the "300hp" part and they aren't factoring in torque. The V6 makes less torque. Around 276ft lbs of torque, give or take a couple ft. lbs. With 3,74x.xx lbs that's a lot of weight and not a whole lot of torque to move it. Also as everyone has discussed the gear ratios play a big factor.

Realistically (however we all have no way of knowing until any info is released)
If GM said that the V6 will do 0-60 in at least 6.1 or 5.9 as said then we're looking at probably a 14.5-14.3 1/4 time.

Seeing that the CTS can do it in 5.8, and seeing that the Camaro weighs less it should be able to do 5.8-5.7.... If that's the case we could be looking at low 14's...

But that's the quickest I think it'll go. Just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
After doing more research I think the V6 Camaro might do 5.7 to 60 and the 1/4 in 14.2. Add intake exhaust, 5.5 and 13.9 1/4. Thats awesome for a $25,000 Camaro.
Exactly my prediciton. After adding bolt-ons it should be a high 13' second car... For the price it's pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post

I think that's how a lot of people are. The V6 will be quick no doubt, however there's going to be a big difference obviously between the V8 and V6 so if you have that hot rodder and or performance nut in you then getting the V8 will be your best choice.

If affordability is your primary concern, then that's why the V6 is there, but at least it does performe.