Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #85
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Sorry for the double post guys, and the Bump. But for people who wanted to know how the accident turned out. Here goes.

My insurance company called me today, and it's settled, 50/50 at fault. Obviously, if I had some witnesses, or any sort of proof of what happened, I think it could have been 25/75 or 0/100. So based on the insurance copy, if i could have proved she Turned into MY lane, I would have won.

But seriously, I'm going to be super careful with my Camaro now... and for anyone who recently had their heart torn out from their Camaro being Damaged... You have my sympathy for your baby. I feel and share your pain. The money for this fix is going to be quite hefty, $1800 estimate, could have done some mods with the money, but life is like this. I guess this is just a lesson i had to learn.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #86
rad

Drives: Ordered 1/22/10: SW 2LT/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnny007 View Post
maybe you should read everything before you post, he clearly said that he was sitting at a red light waiting to turn left onto a street with 2 lanes, the light then changes green and he starts his left turn and she starts her right turn, but she did not make a proper right turn into the right lane, but decided to go right into the left lane, this is 100% her fault.
I see it it this way too. That pig should have stayed in the right lane while she was turning right. If she were going straight that would have been a different story--but she indicated a right hand turn then turned right but didn't turn right in the right lane.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #87
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel View Post
Based on what OP was saying, I made a photo:

Legally, I think the lady was at fault, as you can see (in the red) she crossed a lane of traffic in making her right turn. The pink shows what she SHOULD have done and the green shows what she could have done (assuming the lane permitted it).

As for yielding until the turn is safe, I'm pretty sure that is for oncoming traffic, not traffic that is coming from a right hand turn; they have to yield to oncoming traffic (which would be people turning left, too).

The road was possibly different but this is just an overall theme
Bingo. We have a winner here.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #88
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandons714 View Post
Which puts him in the wrong, because, he assumed that she was going to turn into the right lane .
It's the law for that driver to stay in the right lane while turning right--that is the issue. She does not have the legal choice of moseying over to the left lane when you makes a right hand turn.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #89
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnny007 View Post
actually it puts her in the wrong because the law says she has to turn into that right lane then lane change to the lane beside her, she was 100% wrong then and is still 100% wrong now
Correct!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #90
rad

I just read the entire thread.
I'm sorry to hear she lied.
Rats.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #91
jagan323
I have no life

HAhahahaah, awesome Rad... 4 awesome posts in a row. Yeah, sucks to be me, and thanks for your Sympathy bro =D
Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #92
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
your story isn't written very well. how many lanes was the road you were on, both directions? You were making a left, correct? the through traffic going the opposite direction had a green light too, right? If so, regardless of what the lady chose to do, she had right of way.
maybe not in Canada?

Dunno..asking.lol
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #93
Alfieboy
Madman

sorry bout the 50/50
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #94
Alfieboy
Madman

From now on-be very cautious.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 AM   #95
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Sorry for your accident. Hopefully you get your car back soon.

Around here a left turner ALWAYS yields to a right turner period. Regardless of how many lanes. The other strike against the OP is that he hit her rear door. Meaning she was clearly ahead of him, and he should have avoided her.

Lesson to be learned: Do not assume that the laws will be strictly followed by others. A 3 second delay on your part (a proper yield) could have avoided this accident, and you would still have a perfect Camaro. Be patient and if there is a question.....you always yield. That way, you may be second, but you are not making this thread. Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #96
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Don't feel bad that people aren't honest i was driving on the right lane on the freeway and some idiot just comes and hits the whole side of my car, and he tells the police that we went into each other which was a blatant lie since i was all the way to the right on my lane. Even considering he's old and had a little barking Chihuahua that i would bet money distracted him they still could not place the fault on him, and that's why it sucks to get in accidents. Either way gl and whatever happens atleast you learn your lesson.
Ghost1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #97
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I always let the other car pull out first and observe they are turning. This has helped me to stay out of these types of accidents.
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #98
jagan323
I have no life

Yeah ... I've learned my lesson, I'll be extra careful from now on. HOWEVER, the story has become a little more complicated now. Here goes...

So its 50/50, MY car damages are estimated at 1800 dollars. The WOMAN's car damages are estimated at 1200 dollars. THIS IS GOOD NEWS FOR ME! Incase you guys don't know how 50/50 works, is the Sum of the two damages split into 2. Which means, (1800+1200)/2 = 1500. Meaning I'd have to pay 300 dollars LESS. sooo on this point, Score for me. However, this is just the non-complicated part.

I called my insurance company today, the WOMAN IS FILING an INJURY CLAIM. WHICH MEANS... her doctor bills are added to the Sum. 1800+1200+X. (X being the amount of her injuries). This means I just got owned... First thing is, I was being the honest one, regardless of being right or wrong... I was honest with my part. SHE LIED THROUGH HER TEETH, Saying she stayed on her own lane. Now she files an injury claim? Bad luck huh? Also, it gets even more complex... the Insurance company said the Insurance comittee MAY not accept her claim, because the car damage is minimal. (Check page 2 for pics) However, I won't know if her injury claim goes through... it could take up to 2 years, based on how long shes willing to pretend shes injured. The longer she lies, the more serious the injury seems, and may pass as an injury claim to the comittee.

I really just accepted it... I really would prefer not to battle her to the death. I just want to get it over with. Anyway, wish me luck guys.