Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #211
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post

Ps - has anyone ever actual met someone first hand who has experienced hydrolock?
Happened to me with an AEM cold air intake on a 24V Jetta. It was raining so hard there was almost no visibility...the roads had an inch or so of water on them but in one area there was a dip which was enough to submerge the filter. The engine died almost instantly and thats all she wrote.

Insurance covered all but the deductible and it was considered a comprehensive claim which was good. I was still without the car for several weeks that summer however.
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #212
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
Happened to me with an AEM cold air intake on a 24V Jetta. It was raining so hard there was almost no visibility...the roads had an inch or so of water on them but in one area there was a dip which was enough to submerge the filter. The engine died almost instantly and thats all she wrote.

Insurance covered all but the deductible and it was considered a comprehensive claim which was good. I was still without the car for several weeks that summer however.
I have drove in some very heavy downpours with water all over the roads and pretty deep puddles of water with absolutely NO problems what so ever. The Injen CAI is really not that low to the ground anyway. I just can't see this happening unless you actually drove in a major flood. And if thats the case you really should not have your ass out there anyway.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #213
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post

Interesting on the comp insurance claim... hmmm..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote