Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #29
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Mine makes a whistling sound also, has done it for as long as I can remember but it only does it when not in boost. If I'm just cruising I can hear it but when you put the hammer down it quits. Not worried about it here! Enjoy your car buddy.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #30
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Very interesting thread. I just had my blower changed a couple weeks ago and immediately heard this same noise as soon as I picked the car up. It is very annoying. It definitely wasn't there before. It was particularly noticeable today when I was driving through an underground garage. A trip to the track showed that it seems to be performing ok though.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:41 AM   #31
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Mine has that nose and I still have the original supercharger. It seems slightly louder with the catch can and oil cap air breather installed. Dealer can't hear it, but they can't hear anything.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #32
TobysZL1

Drives: ZL1 Gone but not Forgotten!
All right guys that are following this thread. I'm the original poster and have posted to this thread a couple days ago not realizing which one it was cause it's been awhile since this thread got reopened.
Anyways I do have some info that I would like to share.
I now have a 13' auto ZL1 that just got the supercharger replaced as well for the marbling noise. So far no issuers since replacement.
Well the car in question that I started this thread on was my 13 ZL1 manual. I had the blower replaced. Then shortly after the winter months after taking it out I heard this noise that you can hear in the video I posted to this thread. This high pitch noise was annoying to me but no one could really tell me what it was. Until I went down to my local speed shop. Well my dude came out, listen to it and said hey you got no worries this is a normal attribute of the mods you have done. particularly your lower 10% pulley. Well this was a relief to hear that it was normal but I wasn't a 100% convinced but I excepted it for the time being. It so happens that when I brought him the car to listen to, it started making the marbling/rattling noise again, which was unbelievable cause I had it replaced already and no one could explain this. So I brought it to Chevy and they too confirmed it and replaced it AGAIN under warranty , making it the second blower replacement for the car cause of the marbling /rattling. Huh!! Very weird but, hey whatever.
So got it replaced and low and behold that noise I posted in this thread, that whistling in question from the video was still there. Now I was convinced that the guy from the speed shop was correct in telling me that whistling was normal of my mods. It had to be, another whole blower and it was still doing it. Right? Yep definitely definitely was the mods (10% pulley). I knew this without doubt shortly after when I demodded the car. I put it back to 100 percent stock when I traded this car in for my new auto. When put back to stock this noise was completely gone. Now I had the proof.
Also when I put these mods back on my new auto, you could immediately hear it again, proving it was the lower pulley. It wasn't as definite in the auto, maybe cause of it being an auto and it may have dampened a little cause of this but definitely there. I've since then went to an 18% lower and headers and now cannot hear it at all.
So if you have the noise I posted in this thread with a lower pulley thats where it's coming from and it is normal and not causing any harm whats so ever. Now the noise was a little irritating for me obviously but once I found out it was normal of my mods, it made dealing with it a lot easier. Not that I had to put up with it for long cause of the trade.
Hopefully this help guys.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
TobysZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #33
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobysZL1 View Post
All right guys that are following this thread. I'm the original poster and have posted to this thread a couple days ago not realizing which one it was cause it's been awhile since this thread got reopened.
Anyways I do have some info that I would like to share.
I now have a 13' auto ZL1 that just got the supercharger replaced as well for the marbling noise. So far no issuers since replacement.
Well the car in question that I started this thread on was my 13 ZL1 manual. I had the blower replaced. Then shortly after the winter months after taking it out I heard this noise that you can hear in the video I posted to this thread. This high pitch noise was annoying to me but no one could really tell me what it was. Until I went down to my local speed shop. Well my dude came out, listen to it and said hey you got no worries this is a normal attribute of the mods you have done. particularly your lower 10% pulley. Well this was a relief to hear that it was normal but I wasn't a 100% convinced but I excepted it for the time being. It so happens that when I brought him the car to listen to, it started making the marbling/rattling noise again, which was unbelievable cause I had it replaced already and no one could explain this. So I brought it to Chevy and they too confirmed it and replaced it AGAIN under warranty , making it the second blower replacement for the car cause of the marbling /rattling. Huh!! Very weird but, hey whatever.
So got it replaced and low and behold that noise I posted in this thread, that whistling in question from the video was still there. Now I was convinced that the guy from the speed shop was correct in telling me that whistling was normal of my mods. It had to be, another whole blower and it was still doing it. Right? Yep definitely definitely was the mods (10% pulley). I knew this without doubt shortly after when I demodded the car. I put it back to 100 percent stock when I traded this car in for my new auto. When put back to stock this noise was completely gone. Now I had the proof.
Also when I put these mods back on my new auto, you could immediately hear it again, proving it was the lower pulley. It wasn't as definite in the auto, maybe cause of it being an auto and it may have dampened a little cause of this but definitely there. I've since then went to an 18% lower and headers and now cannot hear it at all.
So if you have the noise I posted in this thread with a lower pulley thats where it's coming from and it is normal and not causing any harm whats so ever. Now the noise was a little irritating for me obviously but once I found out it was normal of my mods, it made dealing with it a lot easier. Not that I had to put up with it for long cause of the trade.
Hopefully this help guys.

Well this is good news for those who have replaced their lower pulleys...but for us that didn't...
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:01 PM   #34
TobysZL1

Drives: ZL1 Gone but not Forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
Well this is good news for those who have replaced their lower pulleys...but for us that didn't...
Yea for those who haven't. Even know your noise maybe similar. It is not what I had. Good luck in tracking it down though.

I just wanted to update this thread with my findings.

TobysZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote