Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Hey guys, sorry I didn't get my car to Mike's today! My ankle has turned into a cankle and my entire leg is swollen twice its regular size. I'm a little concerned but not to the point of getting it checked, yet.
I talked to Mike on the phone and he had stuff going on and suggested I bring my sled to him after morning rush hour which I plan to do, around 9:30-10. He can keep it as long as he wants as the weather is turning crappy but looks to perk back up toward weeks end. Sounds like this part is the thing to have and since I do have the Vararam, tune and axle back it should give us some idea on fit as well as being an additional kick in the pants. This being said, all I'm going to post is my dropping it off to Mike's and maybe a pic and from there on, it'll be on Mike. I guess and hope the good thing on this is I'll have one on my car and I can just pay for it. LOL
TBC....... Keith, I lost all my emails so hit me on my new one. New domain is @att.net
all else is the same.

Get better Joe!!! Nice weather is comming and you have to be ready!! lol. Much appreciation for donating your car for this testing...I know you have a lot of pride and joy in that thing like many of us here do.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

BowtieBelle,

I got your PM, but I could not send a reply as it said your PM's were full. Let me know when you get it cleaned out a bit and i will send it to you

See ya in a bit Joe!!

I still have a few left in this first run at $150 and all PM's have been answered so far,

Thanks

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
you guys do mean that there's no additional kr related to this testing and you don't mean there was actually ZERO kr right? what did you guys use to datalog during the dyno?

interesting results
I missed this question before. There was zero KR on any of the runs with or without the BLACK ICEolator. I was using HP Tuners logging software.

Mike Norris
Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
What tool has worked best to get the 2 stubborn bolts out!
A 13mm racheting box wrench with a swivel head makes short work of the difficult to reach bolts in the back. You don't need the more expensive locking ones, the free swivel actually lets you take a wider arc with the wrench. (Sorry 'bout repeating myself)
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
I missed this question before. There was zero KR on any of the runs with or without the BLACK ICEolator. I was using HP Tuners logging software.

Mike Norris
well...that's really weird as vince at trifecta conducted many many tests over these years including other tuners here and including my self and plenty of other members, and one of the main reason why tuning was so limited on These engine was due to knock issues. Your test vehicle showing zero knock on 87 octane is certainly bugging my brain right now lol, as these engines will show kr all day even on e85. Did you guys reset the Ecu or could it be possible for whatever reason the kr was not picking up in the software?

weird
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #34
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
So this when it come time for the install, we will need to go and get a new OEM gasket, is that correct?
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #35
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
Shoot, I better get to buttering up the Wife, Mod list just got a little longer for this spring.

List:
1. Vmax Ported TB
2. Short Throw Shifter - MGW, or Hurst still on the fence
3. Manifold Insulator - Vararam compatibility dependant
4. Electronic Cutouts - No weeds, or QTP still on the fence
5. Trifecta Tune
6. 3.73 gear swap - may just need to push this off another year.

Ya, Better pull off something good for Valentines day.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

If you want to use a second stock gasket, it will then require longer intake manifold bolts in my opinion. With the sealer there is enough threads for proper torqing, but just enough. The added gasket and stock bolts could lead to stripped holes in the head(s). It is quite impotant that these bolts get torqued properly even with the sealer.

Not sure what to say about the lack of KR in my test, but it is what it is. The cooler and dry weather may have helped that.

I am attaching my latest iteration in install instructions. Still not done as I need to add pictures, but a better idea on what is involved.

Thanks !!

Mike Norris
Attached Files
File Type: doc BLACK_ICEolatorInstall.doc (412.0 KB, 175 views)
Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #37
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
paypal sent.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #38
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Money order sent muwahahaha. I'm deeply sorry Mrs. SIXJAK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #39
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
well...that's really weird as vince at trifecta conducted many many tests over these years including other tuners here and including my self and plenty of other members, and one of the main reason why tuning was so limited on These engine was due to knock issues. Your test vehicle showing zero knock on 87 octane is certainly bugging my brain right now lol, as these engines will show kr all day even on e85. Did you guys reset the Ecu or could it be possible for whatever reason the kr was not picking up in the software?

weird
Yeah we have to get to the bottom of this!!! This may mean more HP for us if Trifecta can run a more aggressive tune and not hit knock.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #40
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Yeah we have to get to the bottom of this!!! This may mean more HP for us if Trifecta can run a more aggressive tune and not hit knock.
Got dyno coming up this wednesday for something similarly related to this exact subject actually. I cant say too much right now since it's still not 100% confirmed, but If everything look good you guys will have one hell of a surprise! Have plenty of popcorn
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #41
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Got dyno coming up this wednesday for something similarly related to this exact subject actually. I cant say too much right now since it's still not 100% confirmed, but If everything look good you guys will have one hell of a surprise! Have plenty of popcorn

GO TRIFECTA!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #42
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
I like surprises!!