Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
Kuhmarrow

Drives: Camaro
Staggered Release

So I've been browsing through a lot of 2016 Camaro articles for clues on a possible release date and came accross a rumor of a staggered release. I've been so far able to confirm that the 1SS and 2SS are in fact coming this year however there's been a few reads that claim either the 1LT or 2LT are coming next year.

Does anyone have a clue on the order to which each trim will be released?
Kuhmarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Smile

Nope. But I'm glad the SS is happening this year haha
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Both the LT and the SS trims are scheduled to start regular production in just over a month, after a few weeks of assembling and also passing final quality checks they should start appearing in buyers driveways around Veterans Day.

The turbo engined LT and the convertible are tentatively scheduled to begin production early next year and should start appearing in buyers driveways possibly as early as St. Patrick's Day or shortly thereafter.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhmarrow View Post
So I've been browsing through a lot of 2016 Camaro articles for clues on a possible release date and came accross a rumor of a staggered release. I've been so far able to confirm that the 1SS and 2SS are in fact coming this year however there's been a few reads that claim either the 1LT or 2LT are coming next year.

Does anyone have a clue on the order to which each trim will be released?
I haven't heard of any trims not being available when production begins. The LT it will only be with the V6 engine at first, with the turbo4 coming early next year. But thats an engine option, not a trim level thing.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
Kdogg

Drives: Hyundai genesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Both the LT and the SS trims are scheduled to start regular production in just over a month, after a few weeks of assembling and also passing final quality checks they should start appearing in buyers driveways around Veterans Day.

The turbo engined LT and the convertible are tentatively scheduled to begin production early next year and should start appearing in buyers driveways possibly as early as St. Patrick's Day or shortly thereafter.

Laborsmith
Man I hope your wrong! My lease on my Gen Coupe is over Nov 12 and I don't wanna have to get something else when I waited so long to get my 1st camaro!
Kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
Man I hope your wrong! My lease on my Gen Coupe is over Nov 12 and I don't wanna have to get something else when I waited so long to get my 1st camaro!
Have you considered getting an extension for a couple of months? Because even if the timing does work out for 2016s hitting the dealership when your lease runs out, you would have to get the absolute first one at that dealership -something I wouldn't count on.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #7
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
He isn't wrong. Time for a plan B.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
laborsmith

Many of the SSs will be pre ordered and those not will be in something close to high demand. Very few of the LTs will be pre ordered AND based on history they will roll off at a minimum one LT for every SS. In fact, the only number we actually have is one dealer told his customer he had four LT allocations and two SS allocations.

Also, by history, one-third of Camaros sold are V8s.

Since I do not lease, I do not know if it is possible to get a two month extension but if it is possible I heartily agree with DGthe3.

Laborsmith
Old 08-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #9
Kuhmarrow

Drives: Camaro
Sounds good! So I'm confirming that both the SS and LT are coming around November and I4 motor will be available in early 2016.
Gas is too high here for a V8 so I'm settling for the RS, can't wait !
Kuhmarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:32 PM   #10
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhmarrow View Post
Sounds good! So I'm confirming that both the SS and LT are coming around November and I4 motor will be available in early 2016.
Gas is too high here for a V8 so I'm settling for the RS, can't wait !
You mean a LT RS
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #11
motorheadkev

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT-217CI
build timeframe

Quote:

Laborsmith
what is your guess for timeframe from order to receive car? if ordered @ Dec 1 ? thanks
motorheadkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #12
laborsmith

If a V6 LT, six to eight weeks. If a V8 SS, depends on your dealer's allocation, but once placed
(2000 - accepted by GM) the same. I am speculating it will be more likely a dealer will get more LT than SS allocations. Ramp up should be done and plant operating at capacity.

If ordering a turbo or a convertible, it is too early for any guesses by me.

Laborsmith

Last edited by laborsmith; 08-31-2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: corect a typo
Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #13
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
I a V6 LT, six to eight weeks. If a V8 SS, depends on your dealer's allocation, but once placed (2000 - accepted by GM) the same. I am speculating it will be more likely a dealer will get more LT than SS allocations. Ramp up should be done and plant operating at capacity.

If ordering a turbo or a convertible, it is too early for any guesses by me.

Laborsmith
Wow! So, if Im understanding you correctly, if I were to go talk to a dealer...say, this Thursday at 4pm lol.... That it would likely be 6-8wks till I recieve my SS(assuming the dealer has an allocation)?

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
laborsmith

No that is not what I tried to say. I was answering a post that indicated ordering around December 1. There is a significant difference between putting in an order today and putting in an order December 1. If the quester stated a day other than December 1 my apology for not reading correctly.

Laborsmith