Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #4271
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
It's quiet in here, where is everybody?

Well I was able to order the gears today from Rodgers Chevrolet , I am going to wait till I find a differential to install them in though so I can keep my stock one complete.

Cid, did you retune your car for the new gear ratio, if not did you happen to maybe notice how far off your speedo is? I am just curious as I plan on trying the gears and holding off on the tune.

On a side note, I was able to get a few good deals on parts from the fest and here on the forums, so I started a nice little LS 427 build, I have the short block put together and clearances checked, I have been planning on putting it in the 68, but I keep thinking more and more about putting it in the 5th gen.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #4272
cid067

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6 "The Toy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
It's quiet in here, where is everybody?

Well I was able to order the gears today from Rodgers Chevrolet , I am going to wait till I find a differential to install them in though so I can keep my stock one complete.

Cid, did you retune your car for the new gear ratio, if not did you happen to maybe notice how far off your speedo is? I am just curious as I plan on trying the gears and holding off on the tune.

On a side note, I was able to get a few good deals on parts from the fest and here on the forums, so I started a nice little LS 427 build, I have the short block put together and clearances checked, I have been planning on putting it in the 68, but I keep thinking more and more about putting it in the 5th gen.
I have the trinity so just change the gear ratio on that. Before I changed it I would say it was 15 to 20 mph over at roughly 75 mph. I just tried to keep it at about 2k rpm cruising in 6th gear.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #4273
cid067

Cam installed

Got the cam installed this weekend had a little trouble put it together had no oil pressure so took it back apart changed the O-ring on the oil pick up put it back together got an injector code, injector wire got pinched between block and timing cover, just fixed that now car runs great. JRE 470 cam package.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #4274
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Saturday, September 1st, 2012

Whose up for a Camaro Run/Rally from Las Cruces to Silver City and back? We could leave Las Cruces at 10/11am and take I-25 North to hit Caballo and then go to Silver City for an awesome sit down luncheon. After that we would come back down to Deming and hit Las Cruces for some drinks at either High Desert, The Las Cruces Taproom, De La Vegas or The Game. The roundtrip drive itself will run 5 hours, add an additional 2 hours more lunch at Silver City and it will be around 250 miles. The last time that this was done was probably about 2 years ago with Michael, Robert, Richard, John and Eric, but since then nothing of such. I figured this would be a great time to do it, it won't be too hot and the drive I hear is amazing to do especially with the curved turns and such. What say you folks, you down?!
Dosent look like we will be able to make it, we will be out of town again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cid067 View Post
I have the trinity so just change the gear ratio on that. Before I changed it I would say it was 15 to 20 mph over at roughly 75 mph. I just tried to keep it at about 2k rpm cruising in 6th gear.
Wow, thats a bigger difference than I expected, I may see what the dealer will charge to install the gears an see if they will adjust the tune so I don't have any problems with the warranty.

Quote:
Got the cam installed this weekend had a little trouble put it together had no oil pressure so took it back apart changed the O-ring on the oil pick up put it back together got an injector code, injector wire got pinched between block and timing cover, just fixed that now car runs great. JRE 470 cam package.
Sweet, I bet it sounds like a beast, we all should plan a track day for the last t&t at arroyo seco on October 20th.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 08-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #4275
cid067

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Dosent look like we will be able to make it, we will be out of town again.

Wow, thats a bigger difference than I expected, I may see what the dealer will charge to install the gears an see if they will adjust the tune so I don't have any problems with the warranty.

Sweet, I bet it sounds like a beast, we all should plan a track day for the last t&t at arroyo seco on October 20th.
Im up for that I will be at arroyo seco in sept for the bracket racing on the 15-16 as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #4276
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Im up for that I will be at arroyo seco in sept for the bracket racing on the 15-16 as well.
I wish I could go, but I am going to be out of town again that weekend I need to find a new job so I can stay home more.

504hp/478tq
Old 08-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #4277
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Howdy all, It's been a while since I've posted in here. The Fest was good, but way too busy working the AutoX to even run my car down the drag strip! I didn't get to see any of the car show or much of the vendor area, and only 2 laps on the AutoX course. The trip up was not bad except for I was left in Dallas and while trying to play catch-up I had a county sheriff pacing me until a semi started throwing tread right in front of us. After a few miles he finaly pulled the semi over and I was able to catch back up.
Our wedding went over fine. We were going crazy trying to get everything finalized though! I didn't have to kill anyone for doing anything to the Camaro either! I think the best part was the after party at the bar where we met. A lot of our friends came out and we all had a blast!(Camaro was safe at the hotel, took a cab!)
I don't know when we will be able to make another meet. The next one planned for Labor day weekend, we will be out of town on our "Honeymoon" since we really didn't get one due to lack of time. Another reason is since I worked the Fest I am getting that 35% discount from Pedders and getting ready to order the Track II kit with ZL1 style swaybar upgrade! From looking at the install for the indivdual parts, it looks like I will need a few weekends to get everything installed since I have to do it myself. I will be up for a track day after everything is done and will be looking into the AutoX as well.
Sorry for the looonnnng post, hope eveyone is doing well and I hope I get the car drivable soon and be able to join in the FUN!
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #4278
cid067

Here is a link of the car with the new cam installed

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/...8-16-26_18.mp4
Old 08-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #4279
cid067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Saturday, September 1st, 2012

Whose up for a Camaro Run/Rally from Las Cruces to Silver City and back? We could leave Las Cruces at 10/11am and take I-25 North to hit Caballo and then go to Silver City for an awesome sit down luncheon. After that we would come back down to Deming and hit Las Cruces for some drinks at either High Desert, The Las Cruces Taproom, De La Vegas or The Game. The roundtrip drive itself will run 5 hours, add an additional 2 hours more lunch at Silver City and it will be around 250 miles. The last time that this was done was probably about 2 years ago with Michael, Robert, Richard, John and Eric, but since then nothing of such. I figured this would be a great time to do it, it won't be too hot and the drive I hear is amazing to do especially with the curved turns and such. What say you folks, you down?!

Members Partaking:
Charlie (char1ieone) LC
Robert (RobertHarris) LC
Eric (Viper1cobra) EP

Ok Im in for the run to silver let me know times and where we are meeting.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #4280
EPCamaro
Loving my CAMARO!!!

Drives: 2013 2LT RS CRYSTAL RED
Hey all..newbie here with a new 2013 Camaro...
EPCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #4281
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCamaro View Post

Welcome
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #4282
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Hey Jose, what up dude?
not much same old, was wondering were you have left,
thought you have sold your maro just like john, and the others well good to hear your back
Old 08-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #4283
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Quote:
welcome aboard, and congrats on your new maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post

Welcome
what up gigs love your avatar better than the other MLP, and hows arizona treating you

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
Howdy all, It's been a while since I've posted in here. The Fest was good, but way too busy working the AutoX to even run my car down the drag strip! I didn't get to see any of the car show or much of the vendor area, and only 2 laps on the AutoX course. The trip up was not bad except for I was left in Dallas and while trying to play catch-up I had a county sheriff pacing me until a semi started throwing tread right in front of us. After a few miles he finaly pulled the semi over and I was able to catch back up.
Our wedding went over fine. We were going crazy trying to get everything finalized though! I didn't have to kill anyone for doing anything to the Camaro either! I think the best part was the after party at the bar where we met. A lot of our friends came out and we all had a blast!(Camaro was safe at the hotel, took a cab!)
I don't know when we will be able to make another meet. The next one planned for Labor day weekend, we will be out of town on our "Honeymoon" since we really didn't get one due to lack of time. Another reason is since I worked the Fest I am getting that 35% discount from Pedders and getting ready to order the Track II kit with ZL1 style swaybar upgrade! From looking at the install for the indivdual parts, it looks like I will need a few weekends to get everything installed since I have to do it myself. I will be up for a track day after everything is done and will be looking into the AutoX as well.
Sorry for the looonnnng post, hope eveyone is doing well and I hope I get the car drivable soon and be able to join in the FUN!

felicidades (congrats) on your marriage, and have fun on your honeymoon see you soon
Old 08-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #4284
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Welcome to the group. Where did you get yours? I'm getting mine from Viva. It's suppose to arrive second half of Sept.

Last edited by xfactors; 08-26-2012 at 06:19 PM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001