Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #3571
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSS6SPD View Post
Hello to all! Any Sierra Vista members going up to Mt Lemmon next Saturday? Let me know and we can cruise up there together. We are looking forward to this. I am dying to hold the "pistol grip" knob on "Ess" instead of a hammer & nail gun!

My wife and I are planning on it. I just hope I get time/weather to clean up my car Friday night or Saturday morning. We can meet up in SV or near I-10.
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #3572
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSS6SPD View Post
Hello to all! Any Sierra Vista members going up to Mt Lemmon next Saturday? Let me know and we can cruise up there together. We are looking forward to this. I am dying to hold the "pistol grip" knob on "Ess" instead of a hammer & nail gun!
Looking forward to seeing you again this weekend. It'll be nice to have you and Maria back in the game again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
Got Big Sis back from Duval Body and Paint today. She got her stripes painted on and the Hurst Shifter installed. The sun didn't cooperate but the black stripe actually has a red pearl metallic tint that looks awesome in direct sun or under florescent lights. The folks at Duval were excellent and I would highly recommend their shop!
Looks great! Love the stripe down over the sides of the cowl. I think Duval may be getting more business from other club members soon. Noticed you have new SS badging already too. Nice!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #3573
azamazonqueen

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thoughts are with you, Glen.
azamazonqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #3574
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamazonqueen View Post
Thoughts are with you, Glen.
Thank you Cheryl.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #3575
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
Stripe Pricing at Duval Body and Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
How much for the stripe? Iff willing to share off course
According to Rick Pacinda, Owner, of Duval Body and Paint, stripes can run from $800 to $1200. Price varies depending on complexity of the stripe pattern and type of paint.

A pro of the painted stripes is the 3 layers of clear coat that create a perfectly smooth finish. Its going to be a breeze now to wax the car.

I also had the Hurst shifter installed and the skip shift eliminator for $125. I couldn't even buy a set of American made jack stands to do the job for that price!
Big Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #3576
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
I also had the Hurst shifter installed and the skip shift eliminator for $125. I couldn't even buy a set of American made jack stands to do the job for that price!
True, but how many more times are you going to need those jack stands for the other mods you have planned...?

Still sounds like you got a good deal.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #3577
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry that I have not been around for awhile, but the sad truth is that Myra left me a week ago Sunday. To say the least, this past week has been very painful and difficult. I plan on being at the meeting on Thursday. Thanks.
Glen, my heart goes out to you buddy.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need ANYTHING!
We're here for you...
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #3578
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
I LOVE the new stripes you all have! And just when I decided I didn't want stripes but yours look amazing. Decisions decisions......
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #3579
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Glen, my heart goes out to you buddy.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need ANYTHING!
We're here for you...
Thanks Troy. I knew that I could count on my friends to help me get through this.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #3580
Big Sis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
True, but how many more times are you going to need those jack stands for the other mods you have planned...?

Still sounds like you got a good deal.
LOL, you have a good point! I did promise Jeff no more accessories for the next month or so but I sure would like to change the exhaust. I'll put the exhaust on my Christmas wish list and jack stands on Jeff's!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #3581
afhunter

Drives: 2011 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Got Big Sis back from Duval Body and Paint today. She got her stripes painted on and the Hurst Shifter installed. The sun didn't cooperate but the black stripe actually has a red pearl metallic tint that looks awesome in direct sun or under florescent lights. The folks at Duval were excellent and I would highly recommend their shop!
The stripes came out very nice. i thought that it was going to look a lot like my hood and trunk but it actually looks quite different. I like what they did with blacking out the back panel and putting the SS there.
afhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #3582
Big Sis

Quote:
Originally Posted by afhunter View Post
The stripes came out very nice. i thought that it was going to look a lot like my hood and trunk but it actually looks quite different. I like what they did with blacking out the back panel and putting the SS there.
I was freaking out when BODIH pointed out that both cars had red trunks and hoods with black center stripes. But your right, they look completely different on the cars. Also, when we get a chance to see them in person, I'm sure we'll note a number of differences in the details.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #3583
afhunter

Drives: 2011 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
ill be at the meeting on thurs
afhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #3584
kinyonZ28

Drives: 99 z28 ls1 m6
hey Glen keep your head up. things will be alright.