Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVY-2SS View Post
Do you work on your own vehicle? Not sure why you would tow it home and not to the dealership.
I do not work out my self other than to keep her pristine. She is home, not in her bed but home.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Just pointing out the obvious, modding a car comes with consequences.
But thanks for your input.
It's no big deal. I knew what I was getting into. But I have NEVER had any issues with all the other new cars I bought so I rolled the dice. I would do it again tomorrow. Loved the car even more after I did it. It was just a one in a million problem.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 10-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #17

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Sensor issue...hmmmm....an easy check might be the MAF sensor...either it went bad or is a "weak" one and is acting up...which is not too uncommon with a lot of mods....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Based on mod level, I'm assuming that you have a simple/cheap code reader? What's the code read?

Any misfires or rough idle issues? Maybe a broken valve spring? (trying to account for engine ticking/exhaust note change)

Possible vacuum/exhaust leak issue? (again, potential source of ticking...unmetered air can prevent engine from re-starting as well)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Sorry and hope you get it fixed soon.
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
Based on mod level, I'm assuming that you have a simple/cheap code reader? What's the code read?

Any misfires or rough idle issues? Maybe a broken valve spring? (trying to account for engine ticking/exhaust note change)

Possible vacuum/exhaust leak issue? (again, potential source of ticking...unmetered air can prevent engine from re-starting as well)
I plugged my iTSX in and used my iPad to read the codes. It seemed to idle fine as in no roughness at all, just a noise and different sound to the exhaust. I'm going to use AAA to flat bed it to the shop and let them check it out.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

The codes indicate that it's a CMP sensor which has something to do with the camshaft.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECCamaro View Post
Sorry and hope you get it fixed soon.

Thanks

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #23
jkemp16

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
Camshaft position sensor...usually not too hard or expensive but idk about this one...
jkemp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Ya that's what I found out too. Think it will be more of a pain int he ass logistically than anything else (I Hope). Maybe this is a sign that I should SuperCharge it

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #25
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Dude, about to take the plunge with headers (sitting in my garage) but reading stuff like this scares me off.

Keep us updated.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #26
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Oh no! Kinda sounds like the fuel pump but who knows...

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #27
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Dude, about to take the plunge with headers (sitting in my garage) but reading stuff like this scares me off.

Keep us updated.

It wasn't the headers. The code said it had something to do with a camshaft sensor. It could of and might have failed if my car was bone stock. I am still glad I did this and would do it again. It was a one in a million failure

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Can't play with the big dogs if you pissing like a puppy.
LOL, well put

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote