Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
airos4

Drives: 2011 2SS IBM, 2008 Victory Vision
Bluetooth - Voice Command

So here's my issue: I have a Moto Droid, although I've tested this with a Blackberry and found the same problem. If you want to use the voice command program built into your phone while you are paired to the car, you hit the button on the wheel, say "Bluetooth" and then say "Voice" ... it says something like "Accessing" and then the voice of the phone comes on to ask for your command. Here's the stupid part, though - about two seconds after the phone asks for a command, the car comes back on and says "Thank You" .... completely stepping on whatever you were trying to tell the phone to do.

There's no good answer for this short of starting the voice command app from the handset instead of from the steering wheel, but it's just annoying and I wanted to vent.
airos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
I have a Blackberry Curve paired to the car. I programed the names of the folks I call most into the car. To call them I press the button on the steering wheel, say "Call", the car says "Call using Randy's Phone", I say the name and the car calls them. This will not solve your bluetooth question but it might be a work around.

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote