Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Calling all techies, a little help please

First of all, my att/yahoo email has stopped working when it comes to doing anything with pictures. I don't know why and don't know how to fix it. Secondly, The only way I knew to get pics from my Iphone to C5 was to send them to my email one at a time, then save them to my computer & then put them from my computer onto C5. There has to be a better way. I asked one of my Camaro comrads today & he said he sends his to photobucket which I also have never done & don't know how. I know, I am a mess. Help please.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
plug your iphone into your pc and will be able to remove pics much easier.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Make a photobucket account and download the photobucket app. Then launch the app, and upload all the photos you want. Then just hit the little photo button on C5 and paste the .jpg link to the picture on photobucket.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Okay, I can do that I think. I'll try. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Nevermind. I figured it out. But now how do I fix my email??????????????????

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 06-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
mikeyg36

Do what I said above
Old 06-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
No need to make a photobucket account. No need to give out personal information.

The better option is to use Imgur. http://www.imgur.com

You can upload a picture from a file on your computer, or from a web location.

Once you upload the file, make sure you copy down the URL (web address) of the image. Then, point to that image from Camaro5, and your set.

You will still need to get the files from your phone to the computer somehow. E-mailing them works, however if you plug most phones into the computer, it will show up as a hard drive, which you can open. It's a little tricky, but there is usually a folder called DCIM that will hold the images. If you can't figure that out, continue to just e-mail them.

I understand the photobucket account can work from mobile, however I hate having people sign up and give personal information when it's unnecessary.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
No need to make a photobucket account. No need to give out personal information.

The better option is to use Imgur. http://www.imgur.com

You can upload a picture from a file on your computer, or from a web location.

Once you upload the file, make sure you copy down the URL (web address) of the image. Then, point to that image from Camaro5, and your set.

You will still need to get the files from your phone to the computer somehow. E-mailing them works, however if you plug most phones into the computer, it will show up as a hard drive, which you can open. It's a little tricky, but there is usually a folder called DCIM that will hold the images. If you can't figure that out, continue to just e-mail them.

I understand the photobucket account can work from mobile, however I hate having people sign up and give personal information when it's unnecessary.
I don't consider my email "personal information"
Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I don't consider my email "personal information"
Well...an e-mail address is used these days for many other programs. For example, software can be bought...and is tied to an e-mail address. If you give a company an e-mail address and a password, they can use that to perhaps go to other sites and see if that e-mail address and password works there too. Or, online gaming uses the e-mail address. WoW accounts have been hacked this way.

So, yes...giving an e-mail address can be used in harmful ways. There are other ways as well, if you want me to go into all of them...

And, you can say "photobucket wouldn't give away the e-mail address, however MANY sites have been hacked for this information and credit card information, etc. Why give ANY information when you don't have to?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
RubyCamaro
Jan

I got the transfer of pics from iphone figured out now but I still need to be able to send, recieve & upload/download pics to/from my e-mail. Any thoughts on why it stopped working or how to fix it?????????????
Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I got the transfer of pics from iphone figured out now but I still need to be able to send, recieve & upload/download pics to/from my e-mail. Any thoughts on why it stopped working or how to fix it?????????????
The e-mail you said was ATT/Yahoo? Are you trying to do the e-mail on a phone or a computer? What e-mail program are you using?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
RubyCamaro
Jan

From my laptop. Not sure what you mean by email program. Mostly use internet explorer because I need it for my work stuff but also have Foxfire & Google Chrome.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #13
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Well...an e-mail address is used these days for many other programs. For example, software can be bought...and is tied to an e-mail address. If you give a company an e-mail address and a password, they can use that to perhaps go to other sites and see if that e-mail address and password works there too. Or, online gaming uses the e-mail address. WoW accounts have been hacked this way.

So, yes...giving an e-mail address can be used in harmful ways. There are other ways as well, if you want me to go into all of them...

And, you can say "photobucket wouldn't give away the e-mail address, however MANY sites have been hacked for this information and credit card information, etc. Why give ANY information when you don't have to?
That's why you have one "junk" email and one "legit" email.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
From my laptop. Not sure what you mean by email program. Mostly use internet explorer because I need it for my work stuff but also have Foxfire & Google Chrome.
OK, so you're using your browser to go to Yahoo or AT&T's email account they have for you.

It could be a compatibility problem with the browser, so the first thing I'd do is try it in a different browser. Try Chrome, and see if that makes a difference.

If that's not it...it may be something that your provider (AT&T or Yahoo) has changed the functionality of it's browser based e-mail. You could call them to find out what's up as well.

Be aware that a lot of people use programs like Outlook to connect to their service provider and those programs might be able to do the attachments the browser based program can't.

Anyways, try a different browser and let us know what happens.