Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
They built the Z/28 just as it should be. If you add all the other crap then it's not a true Z/28..

If anything they left to much in it..

You have the ZL1 if you want the comfort and performance..

If you want the badge buy it and slap it on your car, it will be cheaper in the long run and just as fake if GM put in all the luxury crap..
This!

People need to understand the history of the Z/28. This nameplate lost it's essence 40 years ago and this Camaro Team has put the brand back where it belongs. This car could come with bare floors and they'd sell every one of them.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #30
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
yeah but I think it would be one of those limited cars. people can always add a/c and radio if they really want it
There are no speakers or wiring, except for one speaker required by law for the chimes. Plus they took out all the sound insulation. There's not even a trunk mat or tire inflator.

It's definitely a track car. I do wish they would come out with a version that is a street car that can be taken to the track as is, something more along the lines of my '73 Z/28.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #31
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
The Z28 is exactly what many interested in perfromance wanted. And exactly like the Boss 302 was.

The LS7 is not to be a mass produced motor like the LS3 is and the LSA could be. it will always be the most exotic LS motor and limited in volume. The Z28 is for the few who know what it is and can afford it.

There are plenty of other Camaros for the rest of us.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #32
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
There are no speakers or wiring, except for one speaker required by law for the chimes. Plus they took out all the sound insulation. There's not even a trunk mat or tire inflator.

It's definitely a track car. I do wish they would come out with a version that is a street car that can be taken to the track as is, something more along the lines of my '73 Z/28.

Michael
They have that already. It's called a 1LE.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #33
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

Michael
That's the 1LE. A 1SS 1LE for $37K (still an expensive car, I know) is a track ready car that can give you track thrills for cheap. The Z28 is for the serious.

Edit: Oops, Im too slow.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #34
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
perhaps i'm the most ignorant Chevrolet member here, but I don't think GM purposely limited the production of 60s z28s like they are going to do now..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
And what are the Z/28 goodies?

The car is what it's supposed to be. All the goodies are in it..
The goodies are the 200 chassis/suspension modifications, LS7, seats, aero parts, rear end...do i need to go on?

With all those mods why strip it down to save 100lbs? Look what they accomplished with the 1LE. They didnt need to strip this car. Atleast make it where you can add what options you want.
CamaroTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #36
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
This!

People need to understand the history of the Z/28. This nameplate lost it's essence 40 years ago and this Camaro Team has put the brand back where it belongs. This car could come with bare floors and they'd sell every one of them.
Good point about the console though. Why did they leave that?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #37
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
perhaps i'm the most ignorant Chevrolet member here, but I don't think GM purposely limited the production of 60s z28s like they are going to do now..
No they didn't but I am sure they have supply limitations.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #38
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Good point about the console though. Why did they leave that?
The black box is under it and the battery cable runs through it. Having said that, they did drop it for the COPO's didn't they?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #39
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccinator View Post
The goodies are the 200 chassis/suspension modifications, LS7, seats, aero parts, rear end...do i need to go on?

With all those mods why strip it down to save 100lbs? Look what they accomplished with the 1LE. They didnt need to strip this car. Atleast make it where you can add what options you want.
You should listen to what Hylton, 2nd Chance, Fraxum,Toolfan66, 14 Pilot are saying. They, as well as I, know the history behind the badge (Z/28) and we know that GM did what was right in honoring the return of a legend. In the 6th gen you will most likely get a watered down version of a true streetable racecar(The Z/28)

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #40
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccinator View Post
Atleast make it where you can add what options you want.
Then it would not be a true Z/28...

This is the reason, and be glad you have them the ZL1, and 1LE..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #41
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You should listen to what Hylton, 2nd Chance, Fraxum, 14 Pilot are saying. They, as well as I, now the history behind the badge (Z/28) and we know that GM did what was right in honoring the return of a legend. In the 6th gen you will most likely get a watered down version of a true streetable racecar(The Z/28)
I know the history also! Times have changed! A 100lbs will make all the difference in a 2 ton car? For $65,000 I should be able to buy a car with a radio if I want it.
CamaroTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #42
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
They got it right. The ZL1 is the daily driver that you can take to the track. The Z/28 is the track car you can drive daily.

"...Beyond the monster naturally-aspirated engine, the Z/28 features unique shocks, tires, brakes, suspension tuning, and a comprehensive and strategic lightening that ditches many of the niceties found on "consumer-grade" Camaros in pursuit of maximum performance. Even air conditioning, which most of us now take for granted as standard equipment even in the lowliest econoboxes, is offered only as a stand-alone option in concession to the Z/28's limited dual purpose as a street car. As Camaro chief engineer Al Oppenheiser put it, this is "the fastest road-racing Camaro possible that's still street-legal."..."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz2Onh4IMe8

Also read this, you'll understand afterwards: http://www.gm.com/article.content_pa...echnology.html

Last edited by jkupa10; 03-27-2013 at 10:26 PM.
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote