Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Dealer can't match my rim

He is putting a painted silver on instead of the midnight.

it looks like a clown car. He says the reburisher may have put extra coats of clear so that why it looks that way . I am very presice.....it does not match
and he says it does.

i want to throat choke him. I have a slight studder....so they think i am a retard. i have a 140 iq.......spelling and writing being my
bain

However he assures me he will triple check that it matches. I want a new midnight rim not a refurursed, as you know the difference is slight...but i have silver car and it makes a huge difference

time is a luxury i don't have.....this is bullcrap
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You have any pics? I'm slightly confused and can't quite picture it.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Don't except anything but perfection. I live in Palmetto.. If you need help choking the SOB, let me know!!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
If you can make it show up in a pic, the you are all set...send it to GM customer service.

If you cannot....then you may have a problem.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
He is putting a painted silver on instead of the midnight.

it looks like a clown car. He says the reburisher may have put extra coats of clear so that why it looks that way . I am very presice.....it does not match
and he says it does.

i want to throat choke him. I have a slight studder....so they think i am a retard. i have a 140 iq.......spelling and writing being my
bain

However he assures me he will triple check that it matches. I want a new midnight rim not a refurursed, as you know the difference is slight...but i have silver car and it makes a huge difference

time is a luxury i don't have.....this is bullcrap
You can get this resolved it a snap.

Do a Google search for "hand held color match tool" so that you know what I am talking about, there are many. You can buy your own for under $300 or call around to paint shops or graphic display companies. They might agree to shoot your wheels and give you something in writing to present to the manager of your dealership.
You might not be able to blame him, some people cannot see differences in color, their blind, truly.

Good luck
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
See Post 4 of this thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8826

Maybe you can show that to your dealer.
Yes the differences are subtle. If you do polish up the midnight silvers they look real good, but not quite as good as the stock SS painted silvers.

My car, midnight silver

My car, stock SS "painted" (polished) wheels
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
You are the customer..... what you say goes on the match.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
I like the darker silver, otherwise it would make my Silver SS Bland. Like the camaro on the side....jesus. cheap on Silver car

i want to keep it a sleeper, not alot of exterior mods. just some contrast. it has stripes and Black SS on the side. So its good to go. Oh and the bowtie. are blacked out with chrome trim...... But yellow? GM has its off moments it seems
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)

Last edited by Napper; 04-29-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
What's the whole story? Why are they changing/painting the rim?

Is it peeling? Was it damaged on delivery?