Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #43
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
that sux, but those chix are smokin'..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #44
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
:(

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #45
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Sux big time.

Saw the belt buckle on the angry one and thought she should not be anywhere close to cars.

Lesson learned
Old 04-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post

any more pics of the girls?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #47
Desert_Rat

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS M6, 2002 Saturn SL
I think these models should have to pass a written test on car etiquette before they're even considered for a show. Sorry for your car. That blows hard.
Desert_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #48
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sorry that the scratches occurred. On the flip side if you display your car the chances for damage always go up exponentially. It goes with the territory. The GM guys know this all too well. Not saying that it is right, it just happens. But remember - since you were displaying this for your business, the fixes should be covered as damage during marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
Don't get me wrong, the scratches suck, big time. But unless all you have is a he said, she said bit on who caused it your s.o.l.. I have a nice size ding in the back fender. Yes my car was in a booth, and on track. Getting mine fixed and covering cost myself. Oh, and windshield from rock chips driving cross country. Bottom line is next time, rope off the camaro at next show! If not, Then maybe just a hood or fender to demonstrate product. I don't think it's fair to bash a company however with little to no proof and then slam the owner because he doesn't live on C5 like some do, and respond to a pm. Were they the ONLY women around your camaro with nails? Like you said you were extremely busy, maybe they were the only 2 you remembered or saw by the camaro?
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying, if you go to a show, expect the worst, but hope for the best. Some members had engine issues to and from fest (much more expensive). Cosmetic / body damage - expect it. Could have been a little bit more professional on your part instead of just bashing a vendor. You should have called ACE before bashing (1-915-317-8984). I found the # in the same amount of time you did bashing here. Carlos has had these girls at numerous shows from what I was told, and how to respect everyones rides. You can also find them on face book under ACE CUSTOM STEERING. Trust me, I'm not taking either side, I could get pissed over a few things from vender's on here, however, I will at least give them the opportunity to correct prior to taking it up on a public thread with only 1 side of the story. Good luck, and hope it gets corrected soon.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Spot On.

It's the cost of doing business...and while I feel for you...it's a known risk. What if a forum members girlfriend/wife had done the same thing? Would you be seeking recompense here as well?

It SUCKS...and I feel for you. If private communication doesn't work, then it's time to chalk it up to lesson learned and write it off as a business expense.

I have my hood painted flat black and it's a BITCH to keep in good shape...so I feel your pain.
Have to agree with all the above quoted. At any show I watch my car like a hawk… Unless they are in bikinis most of the car models are wearing tons of shit that can damage your paint. Buttons on jeans, belt buckles and jewelry………look out!

That’s why you see the signs in windshields “Unless you are completely naked, DON’T TOUCH MY CAR!!!”

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #49
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Have to agree with all the above quoted. At any show I watch my car like a hawk… Unless they are in bikinis most of the car models are wearing tons of shit that can damage your paint. Buttons on jeans, belt buckles and jewelry………look out!

That’s why you see the signs in windshields “Unless you are completely naked, DON’T TOUCH MY CAR!!!”
New rule, bikni's or naked only at all C5 fests for all models.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #50
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
lol. They modeled by my car all afternoon sat and no scratches at all
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #51
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Wouldn't have helped - fingernails and a belly-button ring still exist even when naked....
Old 04-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #52
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Wouldn't have helped - fingernails and a belly-button ring still exist even when naked....
Okay, bikini's or naked only, no body jewelery and they all must wear white cotton gloves.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #53
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Scratches

Sorry to hear your car was scratched. Sonds like friendly negotiations are in order.

Picture this. At the L. A. Auto Show 2009 the Audi R8 was introduced in North America. If you have seen this car it has a sloping hood. While talking to the Audi Rep two boys decided to use the hood as a slide! can you imagine this there parents did not say a word or stop them. I looked at the rep asked him "are you going to say something" he shook his head no!

I attended a show this 30 pound kid was not tall enough to see the engine compartment what does he do climbs up on the front G F/X facia! what the heck is going on before I could say anything his father took him off we checked no scratches no damage lucky for my Camaro. I have seen people walk up have a camera around their neck look inside the car camera bumps the door chips the paint. People are not even aware what they have done. I am tempted to print up a flyer what is acceptable behaviour around Car's

Last edited by IOM-SS; 04-23-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spell check
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #54
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
So this isn't even close to a clear bra or vinyl stripes??? I just got done buffing out with Adam's products the vinyl stripes and the clear bra VERY carefully from the damage of the Road Wrap on the trip down to the Fest.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #55
LOCKENESS-MONSTA

Drives: Like a pro
man thats BS i definetly be pi$$ed, i would have them pay for any of the damages
Old 04-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #56
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM-SS View Post
Sorry to hear your car was scratched. Sonds like friendly negotiations are in order.

Picture this. At the L. A. Auto Show 2009 the Audi R8 was introduced in North America. If you have seen this car it has a sloping hood. While talking to the Audi Rep two boys decided to use the hood as a slide! can you imagine this there parents did not say a word or stop them. I looked at the rep asked him "are you going to say something" he shook his head no!

I attended a show this 30 pound kid was not tall enough to see the engine compartment what does he do climbs up on the front G F/X facia! what the heck is going on before I could say anything his father took him off we checked no scratches no damage lucky for my Camaro. I have seen people walk up have a camera around their neck look inside the car camera bumps the door chips the paint. People are not even aware what they have done. I am tempted to print up a flyer what is acceptable behaviour around Car's
i was at an auto show a few years ago and a kid opened the door to a new Corvette and climbed on it-full weight. i was at another show with old cars, all roped off , and this low class family comes up, leans over and puts their hands on a Sting Ray!!