Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #3347
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
How did he prove your point? He gave you a bolt on mustang that runs better times than the best stock camaro time...unless that was your point, that mustangs can be faster than camaros with very little work.
But what about this one
2010 Mustang GT - No Tune 12.511@108.58 with Just
drop in K&N filter (Stock intake just replaced filter)
off road x-pipe (Removed the CATS)
Slicks and skinnies (Traction and weight reduction)

sure he removed front sway bar and spare tire.
but we all remove the Spare and Jack. the sway bar helps tranfer weight tothe rear.

He said..
Quote:
do those mustangs run a 12.6 with cai, cat-back and tune? I dont think so. Not without drag radials...even then I doubt it.
Not the Mods he listed but still very little was done to get a 12.51 timeslip,
and like I said, Cat back or Axle back exhaust does nothing for times on these cars unlike the camaro.
Ford did a good job on the exhaust in these cars.

What Works for the Camaro may not work with the Mustang, the 2010 has a perfect intake, so filter is all it needed.
DR's was on the list but he said nothing about skinnies. there is one different mod,
then he listed Cat back, well mustangs put an off road H or X pipe in to remove the Cats. so we will place that in the Cat back area. now since he had no tune we will add that back to the mustang.

My Point is that there is mustangs running the same times as the camaro with the minimal mods listed
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 12-16-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #3348
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I said that they can run close ET's with mods but still fall short in trap speed.
He proved my point...

Yeah very little work....I guess you are entitled to your opinion. If I had to do all that stuff to my new camaro to just match a stock mustangs et...and still fall short on trap speed ( in other words you would get pulled in a street race/roll race) I would be rather humbled.....but no no...not you guys.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #3349
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ohhh now we're internet racing... awesome....

I love the smell of a dead thread.....

How many times do we have to quote web ET's???

Are we really moving this conversation in a direction it's never been... on this website???

really?

Serioulsy we're arguing stock Camaro against a mild Moded Mustang?

Look if you own a camaro and you are that concerned about the ET's of a mildly moded mustang... You're worring about a drivers race...

And if you are a mustang guy who feels the need to continually show that a mildly moded mustang can beat a Camaro... You are also arguing what is a driver's race. And if the only reason you are here is to keep us camaro fans honest... You are wearing out your welcome....

No ground breaking news here that I can see.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #3350
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Ok guess I will chime in a little hehe. I owned a 2007 with the 6cyl. Loved the look, feel, and everything about the car. Before I ordered my Camaro I test drove a stripped out 2010 GT. Loved the car and would have bought it (only because I didn't want to wait hehe). They wanted to give me the stripped out GT for 29k. I said for that price I will go order my Camaro. I now have a 1LT. I can safely say I am glad I held out for what I really wanted. I think the Mustang has a little more sporty look BUT I love the look of the Camaro way better. The only think I think the GT had was more power off the line.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #3351
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Are we really moving this conversation in a direction it's never been... on this website???

really?

Look if you own a camaro and you are that concerned about the ET's of a mildly moded mustang... You're worring about a drivers race...

And if you are a mustang guy who feels the need to continually show that a mildly moded mustang can beat a Camaro... You are also arguing what is a driver's race. And if the only reason you are here is to keep us camaro fans honest... You are wearing out your welcome....

Not at all sir,
I am in the Market for a Camaro (Cyber Grey Metallic), you can look at my past posts and see.
I am not "Internet Racing" I am not trying to put Stock vs Mod I was just posting to a question.

I spend every saturday at the track and I see pure Stock 2010 Camaros and Mustangs traping and ET'ing the same times all day long. Sure there are those factory freaks that run excpetional times, I beleive that Konablue10Gt and NRHA Stocker are those exceptions. because they all do not run those times. Sure Driver is a huge factor, maybe those drivers are exceptional? who knows. if I go by my weekend racing experiences then I would say the 2010 Mustang and Camaros are equal in performance at the track.

The Thread was about the 2011 5.0L, so since it's not avalable for a few more months we can only speculate what the performance and weights will be. till then we can have friendly debates over it. we can all leave with a laugh and a drink in hand... Cheers

Some of my Favorite Pictures from a few weeks ago

Love the Tag...

BTW their bests were 13.3 @ 105 -1000 DA. Same as the Stock 2010 S197 Mustangs
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #3352
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Not at all sir,
I am in the Market for a Camaro (Cyber Grey Metallic), you can look at my past posts and see.
I am not "Internet Racing" I am not trying to put Stock vs Mod I was just posting to a question.

I spend every saturday at the track and I see pure Stock 2010 Camaros and Mustangs traping and ET'ing the same times all day long. Sure there are those factory freaks that run excpetional times, I beleive that Konablue10Gt and NRHA Stocker are those exceptions. because they all do not run those times. Sure Driver is a huge factor, maybe those drivers are exceptional? who knows. if I go by my weekend racing experiences then I would say the 2010 Mustang and Camaros are equal in performance at the track.

The Thread was about the 2011 5.0L, so since it's not avalable for a few more months we can only speculate what the performance and weights will be. till then we can have friendly debates over it. we can all leave with a laugh and a drink in hand... Cheers
I am very familiar with your plans. Looking back I see how you could interpret I was directing this at you... I truthfully wasn't speaking to you specifically. As you can guess, there are more than a few mustang owners that like to spread some internet "truth" here and have no other purpose for being here... As provien by the exceptionally high ration of posts in "Camaro Vs. Mustang threads, and no where else....

I hope that clarifies my position.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #3353
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Just a question for a few guys who say "the 400hp mustang will still be slow"

i don't get your math... how will it be slower than a camaro? for an 05-10 mustang to beat a camaro it needs like three mods... totalling about 330hp so how is it that you can say 400hp won't beat an SS when 320-330hp already does?

someone help me understand where the logic is here...
They're talking about the new car, of which we have no information. Weight could be gained, gearing could be poor, torque issues, etc.

I can see what you're saying but there's a lot more to track times then just HP. If the gearing isn't good then it may hinder its speed; stuff like that.

They used the GTO as an example as it had 400 HP and weighed 150 lbs more than the current Mustang but still isn't Camaro fast.

However, we just have to wait. I, for one, am extremely excited.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #3354
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

really?

I am not trying to be disrespectful, but why does this bother you so much? It's not like anyone is saying that the Camaro is slow or anything.I understand that alot of what is said is just repetitive, however it's not hurting anyone. Hell I know if mine was stock I would'nt beat a Camaro.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #3355
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but why does this bother you so much? It's not like anyone is saying that the Camaro is slow or anything.I understand that alot of what is said is just repetitive, however it's not hurting anyone. Hell I know if mine was stock I would'nt beat a Camaro.

Unless people are blatantly being disrespectful and name calling, don't see why it would bother someone enough to close the thread, unless it's that someone's job to read through just about every thread in a section and see's the same arguments over and over again

But since a lot of people on this site don't have the opportunity to read through every single thread or aren't on this forum enough or too new to see the old threads, I don't think these kinda threads should get closed unless it's obvious someone is just trolling and trying to start a fight.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #3356
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Because we have a rule that every thread as much as possible stays respectful. These threads always turn in to a pissing contest. And this is a Camaro web site. It is expected that as some point our interests, when at odds with another's, will be put first when all else fails. Plain and simple.

These threads follow the same rules as every other. Once it gets repetitve or disrespectful it goes away.

I'm sure you can understand that.

And it gets annoying reading the same argument over and over again. Mustang suporters on this site who have nothing positive to say about the Camaro, or are only here to support the mustang are annoying. If you can't see that then you are looking through Mustang colored classes.

All we ask is you give credit where credit is due and contribute to the site objectively. If you're just here to keep us in line and remind us what the mustang is capable of... Then you may be in the wrong place.

Make sense?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #3357
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
This thread is about 8 mustang threads that I merged together...the topics get repititive and when it starts to head n the same direction that ends up with bickering between people name calling etc..folks tend to get infracted and banned for breaking forum rules..and when a mod posts a warning in the thread that means that he recognizes the pattern..well GTA does...I on the other hand just close it right off the bat.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #3358
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I test drove a 08 GT C/S with some 20' chip foose rims. Great looking car really and was ok speed wise but wow the 05-09 interior is not the strong point on that car. Now the 2010 interiors are soo much nicer. I love the new mustang interiors they really did there homework imo on that part of the car. The only knock i can say about the 2010 mustang is the motor offerings which are being re-done aren't the best and the rear tail lights.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #3359
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Does anyone know how many HP's 2011 GT's are gonna produce?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:12 AM   #3360
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
Does anyone know how many HP's 2011 GT's are gonna produce?
Supposedly next month... There saying it will be at least 400hp.

Closed Thread