Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Lucky One?

Well my dealer is a small dealer and they say their allocation on the car was 1. I find that can of hard to believe but they do only get 1 vette a year.

So anyway I know alot of folks that I have talked to that have in theory ordered a Camaro from them. I went in to show them my letter I got thanking them for my order. The only strange thing was he said do not tell anybody in town I got a letter. He said they wanted to make sure I got my car and had not ordered any others.

What is stranger yet is when I kept pressing them in October to order my car they would not do a workbench because some other guy had shown wanted a Camaro and he was getting his orderd and I had to wait.

So I am taking buy getting my letter my order was really submitted and I may be the Lucky One if they are only getting one. Can you tell me our orders did have to be submitted to get a letter right?
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
To get that letter, your order would have to be submitted outside of the dealership, so I would say yes, your order has been submitted via the GM globalconnect workbench. However, the dealership allocation works may be a different story. The dealership may be able to submit as many orders as they want to, but they may only get their original allocation amount in Mar. Apr. May. Therefore, that letter assures you that your order is into the pre-order system, but it doesn't necessarily assure you that you are "the one".

Now, what pisses me off is that it sounds like your dealership is stringing people along.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yea, they need to be up front with everyone. Who knows if they're telling other people the same thing?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Probably are.....sounds like they are taking deposits on as many as they can. Your car is the initial allotment. As soon as production begins there will be another allotment and they will then place more orders and maybe try and get cars from other dealers allotments.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Well my dealer is a small dealer and they say their allocation on the car was 1. I find that can of hard to believe but they do only get 1 vette a year.

So anyway I know alot of folks that I have talked to that have in theory ordered a Camaro from them. I went in to show them my letter I got thanking them for my order. The only strange thing was he said do not tell anybody in town I got a letter. He said they wanted to make sure I got my car and had not ordered any others.

What is stranger yet is when I kept pressing them in October to order my car they would not do a workbench because some other guy had shown wanted a Camaro and he was getting his orderd and I had to wait.

So I am taking buy getting my letter my order was really submitted and I may be the Lucky One if they are only getting one. Can you tell me our orders did have to be submitted to get a letter right?
Well I haven't gotten a letter so maybe they haven't ordered mine. If its true and it pushes my delivery time out beyond the middlle of next summer, I'll cancel and wait until the hype comes down and renegociate the price. All the BS associated with this is starting to wear on me which is probably a good thing, being first to own a new model car is rarely a plus on so many levels.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
Well I haven't gotten a letter so maybe they haven't ordered mine. If its true and it pushes my delivery time out beyond the middlle of next summer, I'll cancel and wait until the hype comes down and renegociate the price. All the BS associated with this is starting to wear on me which is probably a good thing, being first to own a new model car is rarely a plus on so many levels.
Its not worth going through all the BS just to have one of the first Camaros, after 2-3 months there will be alot on the road. I will be waiting until the second year of the 5th gen., dealers will have all the info and less BS.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99b4c View Post
Its not worth going through all the BS just to have one of the first Camaros, after 2-3 months there will be alot on the road. I will be waiting until the second year of the 5th gen., dealers will have all the info and less BS.
I'm not a good negotiator so even if I didn't have to wait for money reasons, I wouldn't order right away because as soon as I saw one in person (for the first time - still...) I'd pay whatever they wanted, LOL! I'm one of those that the salesmen pray on. My last one loved me... I think I have more trustworthy resources here now though. I'll be sticking with one of our salesmen that are members to keep it in the family, as it were. I'd rather go across country to purchase a car from someone who's actually helped me by giving factual information and insight than some random guy who's only in it for the $$$. I won't say who, but suffice to say that "Camaro" is in his name

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote