Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
Definitely have it checked out at the dealer. But try and get video of it not working in case it works when you are at the dealer.
I am thinking of going to the dealership to get its first oil change on this Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to have them take a look at it and it won't be something unheard of for them.

I am trying to see if I can get a video of this. The problem is I never know when it decides to fade away and I can't really drive with a phone ready to go, cuz by the time I see that its fading up and go to pick up my phone and get the camera going its already faded away and I just feel it being a bit risky taking my attention off the road to record it while driving on the freeways, as that is what makes up most of my drive to work. But to sum it up in last 5 days it has happened 3 times already.

It happened on 21st when I made this thread.
On 22nd I gave it nice wash and it was sitting in garage the whole day.
On 23rd took it to go watch movie, on my way back it decides to start acting up.
On 24th I took it to my work and it seemed to be working fine at first and then it just faded away and kept coming in at random.
On 25th (Today) It did not do anything, and seemed to work properly however it was not bright enough as it used to be, which I am guessing is cuz of all the fading away. :
Old 06-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #30
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
pmandeep....pull off of the road first then record the HUD not working, pan down to the switch to show that it is turned on, then pan back up to HUD to show there is nothing there. You need to prove to the dealer that it doesn't work some of the time. Otherwise they will tell you they can find nothing wrong.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #31
pmandeep

Quote:
pmandeep....pull off of the road first then record the HUD not working, pan down to the switch to show that it is turned on, then pan back up to HUD to show there is nothing there. You need to prove to the dealer that it doesn't work some of the time. Otherwise they will tell you they can find nothing wrong.
Will do that next time when it happens, Thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #32
SMason

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS LT2
I'm having the same issues with my HUD. It started the first week I had it. When I took it to the dealer I was told that they had to see it malfunctioning. I finally got to the dealer with it not working and was told that the technician went home and that they couldn't do anything. They were supposed to call me yesterday. I'm still waiting. It appears that it won't get fixed until it dies completely. If anyone gets the problem solved, please post how they fixed it.
SMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
pmandeep

I am constantly trying to see if I could actually replicate the scenario when this issue first happened for me, and hopefully record it for my dealer to see or make it to the dealership with it not working.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #34
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
I got the same thing happened the day after I bought it. I thought It was a feature I was not yet familiar with and just needed to research it further to correct it. I guess I got my answer today.

By the way I bought it last Saturday.

It has not happened since Sunday, though.
rickr9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #35
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
I got the same thing happened the day after I bought it. I thought It was a feature I was not yet familiar with and just needed to research it further to correct it. I guess I got my answer today.

By the way I bought it last Saturday.

It has not happened since Sunday, though.
Welcome to the "Mylink" family....uh....I mean the Camaro family.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Welcome to the "Mylink" family....uh....I mean the Camaro family.
rickr9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #37
Desslok71

Drives: 2013 SIM 2LT Camaro
Hello pmandeep

I'm having the same issues with my HUD, just started today. Have you come up with a resolution for this issue? I am up for an oil change soon and was going to bring up this issue to the service department, but I would like to be informed if there is a resolution for the issue.
Desslok71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desslok71 View Post
Hello pmandeep

I'm having the same issues with my HUD, just started today. Have you come up with a resolution for this issue? I am up for an oil change soon and was going to bring up this issue to the service department, but I would like to be informed if there is a resolution for the issue.
By all means bring up the issue. The more complaints they get, the more likely they are to try and figure out a fix.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #39
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hello pmandeep

Desslok,

Sorry you are having some issue's with your HUD as well. I see you mentioned that you will be visiting your dealer soon. I recommend that you inform them of your issue now so that they are prepared and do some investigating for you as well. Also, please keep us updated here on your progress and if we could be of any assistance.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
pmandeep

Quote:
Hello pmandeep

Hey Desslok71, I plan on taking my car in to the dealership on this Tuesday for its first oil change and also plan on talking to the dealer about this issue. I want to see what he has to say about this.

On a side note, I would like to ask everyone that had the HUD fail on them the following:

- Did you pull your car out of Garage and saw it was not working or was it parked outside, like in driveway or parking lot at work?
- When your HUD failed was the weather and the temperature hot where your car was parked?
- Playing something on Pandora/Bluetooth and it decided to fail on you?

The reason I am asking the above two questions is, because everytime my HUD failed on me, I was out with my car and the temperatures were 90+ with the sun coming down on it hard. The very first time it happened to me, I was so freaked out that I had pulled over almost 3-4 times on the freeway to turn the car off and turn it back on. The HUD would come up but the moment I put it in drive or played something on mylink or switched between different pages it disappeared. I really doubt if the questions I asked might be the cause, but having a fair idea of conditions and scenes when our HUD's are failing might help us find a common factor or cause for it.

If it has failed for you and if you can remember what exactly happened and what the conditions were like, please let us know.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #41
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Pmandeep,
the two times it happened to mine, I had my ac on, so it must have been hot out since I hardly use the ac. But I've also had the ac on the last few days since its 90 here and it hasn't happened again.
Like i said earlier, one thing I noticed last time it faded out was if the blinker was on it reappeared while the blinker stayed on. Then it would fade away when I turned the blinker off.
Also it would reappear whenever the song changed and showed on the hud, but it would just fade out again.

Oh and when it failed , it was while driving.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #42
pmandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrtRS13 View Post
Pmandeep,
the two times it happened to mine, I had my ac on, so it must have been hot out since I hardly use the ac. But I've also had the ac on the last few days since its 90 here and it hasn't happened again.
Like i said earlier, one thing I noticed last time it faded out was if the blinker was on it reappeared while the blinker stayed on. Then it would fade away when I turned the blinker off.
Also it would reappear whenever the song changed and showed on the hud, but it would just fade out again.

Oh and when it failed , it was while driving.
Yes, it was somewhat similar to what happened with mine first time. I remember the first time it happened to me, I had my hazard lights on and it stayed on till that time and the moment I turned the hazard lights off it faded away. The weather was hot with A/C turned on and I was playing Pandora on myLink and it seemed to popup randomly sometimes when I used the steering wheel controls to skip songs on pandora, and then fade back away. It was not reappearing when song ended and went on to the next by itself.