Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Adam's JUMBO Vac N' Blo Pro Series by MetroVac

I recently purchased an Adam's JUMBO Vac N' Blo Pro Series by MetroVac and wanted to do a review for those who might be thinking of this product.

I just built me a new garage and now have room for a full size vacuum and wanted a product that would dry and vacuum my car. Instead of having 2 machines I wanted one.

I checked the internet concerning the price and found a couple of vendors who were actually a few dollars cheaper and the most was 25.00 cheaper, BUT and a big but I was able to use my discount, which reduced the cost, Adam's shipping was a little cheaper also reducing the total cost and I guess the main reason was the 110% LIFETIME Guarantee that it comes with from ADAM'S, not to mention their legendary customer service.

SO here is my review of this product.......I guess the standard way of doing this is on a 5 star type of thing, so I will use that as a reference 5 being the best.

Packaging

The unit arrived from the shipping company in a well package, well protected box. As we all know how UPS and FED Ex can be, this order was well protected and untampered with. Note this product shipped directly from MetroVac

Star Rating 5 out of 5

Contents

Once I received my MetroVac I unpacked it and did an inventory of all the parts, pieces, accessories etc...... Upon my inspection I noticed that several items were missing from the box, Vacuum bag, hose holder, accessory holder and a few other items. Just a guess but it looked like they missed putting in one accessory box/bag/package according to the way everything was packaged. This could be just a common oversight but I feel it should have been caught before it left MetroVac.

Star Rating 3 out of 5 While I understand that mistakes do happen when shipping items, it appears to me that this mchine is packaged and ready for sell, waiting on an order and before the box was sealed this should have been detected, sort of a QA thing.

Product

The machine is well built and the design seems pretty cool as well. This is not some cheap ole get by vacuum. This machine was well thought out yet simplistic.

It has a toggle switch, not some push buttom thing that will easily break. It comes with 24 foot of hose. The hose is made of some type rubber material that is soft, flexible and easy to handle, not like some hard plastic ones I have seen before.

It has an accessory pack that comes with ALOT of little neat features to get into EVERY crevis of your car, even those hard to get places like between the seat and rocker panel. I was really surprised at what all I got.

5 out of 5 stars This machine is the real deal.

Machine Operation

As stated earlier I bought this machine to DRY and Vacuum my car. So I washed my car and left it completely wet, no towel drying, no pooling method to dry. I did this to see what the machine would do.

At first I tried using it with 24' of hose attached, while the pressure was good it was not great, but then again I really do not think it was designed to be used with 24' of hose. So I took off 12 feet and the machine performed flawless. It has enough pressure, along with the heated air, to dry the car from being completely wet to completely dry in about 20 minutes. No water drips, no runs and no problems.

The machine comes with factory mounted wheels that make it very easy to move around the vehicle. All in all I was impressed by the drying ability.

I will have to wait for the vacuuming part as I am waiting on the new bags to arrive.

4 out of 5 stars couldn't rate the vacuum part yet, but will update once I can.

Comments , Opinions and Suggestions

My overall opinion is this is a great machine. I like the features it has, the accessories it comes with along with the fact that it is wall mounted and mobile as well.

The fit an function were well thought out and user friendly.

I wanted a dual purpose machine and got what I was expecting, I would recommend this product to someone looking for the same thing.

I bought it from Adam's during a SALE and paid 6.98 more than I could at some other sites but the 110% LIFETIME Guarantee was a no brainer to me. One quick note to Ashley at Adam's and my missing parts issues were resolved. PERIOD. Another reason it is kinda worth the 6.98 more that I paid.

Despite the few missing pieces, this is a great product and the fact that someone forgot to put something in a box does not detract from the overall performance of this machine, so if you are on the fence about this you would be wise to give it a try and if you buy it from Adams and don't like it.....well there is always the 110% Money Back Guarantee.

Hope you find this useful.

John
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Wish I had the space for one
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Awesome, I'd love one of these beasts.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Hmmmm... it thought it was just a vacuum, but it drys as well eh????

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
Hmmmm... it thought it was just a vacuum, but it drys as well eh????
Hence the " 'n Blo" part
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Wantconvertible

Littemt
I just noticed your wink
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
LittleMT
user bann'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Hence the " 'n Blo" part
I misssed that detail, you most amazing man you...

Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
LittleMT
user bann'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
Littemt
I just noticed your wink

you have a sexy car!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
Wantconvertible

thank you
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Hey, that thing sucks!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #11
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
LOL
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #12
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hey, that thing sucks!
No it Blows I have to wait till the vacuum bags arrive to see if it sucks
Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
No it Blows I have to wait till the vacuum bags arrive to see if it sucks
Yeah, it blows! Full of hot air too!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Update on Vacuuming Properties

OK I received the missing items from MetroVac and last night decided to use the vac on the tough job of cleaning my DD 2500 Hd Crewcab 4x4 Diesel.

Needless to say the inside was quite dirty.

The vacuuming part performed extremely well. All the little Micro attachements allowed me to get into small areas easily and I got to clean areas that normally do not get cleaned because of access.

I actually found a 5.00 bill under my seat with this thing. It easily removes diry, dust and just about anything else you can get into your interior.