Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
European Admiration

Living near the tourist district here in Orlando, we always have our share of foreign visitors shopping at our local stores.

The other day I was at a CVS in line behind a German family - Father & Mother in their late 40's and a teenage son & daughter. I had my 14 SS parked up front right near the entrance and the son decides to go outside while the parents are at the register, he comes rushing back in and motions for his Dad to come out - they pay and exit, I'm next and do the same and as I leave the family are now standing outside by the entrance about 20 ft away and all talking and staring at my SS. I give them a polite wave, get in and drive off with them all still watching me drive away. I guess they don't see that many American muscle cars where they live.
Attached Images

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Matze
German Representative

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Not a lot of 5th Gens in Germany. All my friends back home want to visit me just for a ride in my car :-)

Apex intake scoop, CAI intake, Vmax ported throttle body, Kooks LT headers, stock exhaust with NPP mufflers, BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, Hex Vents, Factory Reproduction 41 20x9 and 20x10
Matze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
MyRideIsHere

Drives: 98 z28, 13 LS, 14 SS, 14 ZL1
I always think of things to do after the fact but what would of been cool was to of crept up behind them in a kind of a Randy Quaid, Christmas Vacation kind of moment. As they began to notice your prescence you would fixate on the Camaro which might freeze them from fleeing, temporarily. Then as they naturally began to flee from you, you would produce your fob and unlock the beast. Then in a feigned trance like state you would approach the beast and depart in a haze of smoke amid the smell of burnt rubber.
MyRideIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Living near the tourist district here in Orlando, we always have our share of foreign visitors shopping at our local stores.

The other day I was at a CVS in line behind a German family - Father & Mother in their late 40's and a teenage son & daughter. I had my 14 SS parked up front right near the entrance and the son decides to go outside while the parents are at the register, he comes rushing back in and motions for his Dad to come out - they pay and exit, I'm next and do the same and as I leave the family are now standing outside by the entrance about 20 ft away and all talking and staring at my SS. I give them a polite wave, get in and drive off with them all still watching me drive away. I guess they don't see that many American muscle cars where they live.
There are C5 in Germany but not many as beautiful as yours.
Yours looks like the Bat-mobile!!!
Besides German admire American cars!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
That's so cute!

I have a friend from the UK and he was like "That's my dream car!!!!" when I bought it. He told me he doesn't see many there at all.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
There are C5 in Germany but not many as beautiful as yours.
Yours looks like the Bat-mobile!!!
Besides German admire American cars!
Thanks!
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote