Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #1
Back2Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
V6 CAI

Sorry if this is a repost, I have a 2011 Camaro V6 . I am pondering over putting on a CAI or not.

I am not looking or focusing on the HorsePower of things, more so for a bit more gas savings (already good on gas of course) so I guess my question is, does a CAI make a difference on gas mileage? and while I am asking I suppose, is it a noticeable difference in HP?

Thanks

B2B
Back2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yes and Yes. Gas mileage is better if you can keep your foot out of it which gets harder because it does boost HP some & improves sound too. Some brands more so than others. There is a graph showing results of independent testing of the various brands you can find if you search or maybe someone will post up a link for you. It is a good mod but like with most things you get what you pay for. Everyone will tell you they love the one they chose. Likewise, I love my CAI inc.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #3
Back2Black

thanks for sharing, I seen the exact type on Two Guys Garage show and thats what made me thing of getting one...
Old 01-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Send a PM to Apex Motorsports & Chase will fix you right up with free & fast shipping if you decide to get one. Chase is also great at answering any questions about any mods you are considering. Good luck with your decision. Warning! Modifying these cars is ADDICTING!!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Send a PM to Apex Motorsports & Chase will fix you right up with free & fast shipping if you decide to get one. Chase is also great at answering any questions about any mods you are considering. Good luck with your decision. Warning! Modifying these cars is ADDICTING!!!!
Very solid advice but you forgot to mention expensive aswell in your warning.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:34 AM   #6
Back2Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Very solid advice but you forgot to mention expensive aswell in your warning.
Yep, I definitely know things can be expensive , lol, as good advice "you get what you pay for" and me coming from a 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 EVERYTHING lol was expensive for that car, so I am use to it and expect it

I have been hesitant on buying things for my Camaro, there is no doubt I LOVE IT! but im getting the V8 Itch again... lol , I am missing my 13.1 Sec 1/4 mile runs BUT I am not missing that Gas Consumption and besides my friends now since I have owned my Camaro of 3 weeks are telling me its got a way better style then my SRT8 had...and I agree

B2B
Old 01-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Yes and Yes. Gas mileage is better if you can keep your foot out of it which gets harder because it does boost HP some & improves sound too. Some brands more so than others. There is a graph showing results of independent testing of the various brands you can find if you search or maybe someone will post up a link for you. It is a good mod but like with most things you get what you pay for. Everyone will tell you they love the one they chose. Likewise, I love my CAI inc.

Thanks!! We are proud to have our CAI on your Camaro and love to hear how happy you are with it!

OP, Let me know if you have any questions, we would be happy to help in any way that we can! Call, email, or PM us anytime
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #8
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
I have the CAI Inc unit as well and LOVE it.

Cant say enough about it. The fit and finish is great. The materials are top notch and it was easy to install.

Some folks say that it's too expensive at 400 for the system, but you definately get what you pay for. If you troll the classified section, you could find one for around 200, but youd have to act fast as they typically sell quickly.

In short...IT'S SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
SliverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliverSurfer View Post

Cant say enough about it. The fit and finish is great. The materials are top notch and it was easy to install.

Some folks say that it's too expensive at 400 for the system, but you definately get what you pay for. If you troll the classified section, you could find one for around 200, but youd have to act fast as they typically sell quickly.

Thank you SilverSurfer, glad to hear that you are so happy with our CAI! Be sure to post a pic of it installed if you have a chance, we'd love to see it. Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Thanks!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #11
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
My gas mileage did not change. More than anything, I love the way it sounds and gives the engine bay a nice appearance.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My gas mileage went down when I added my MRT V2 exhaust, then went down some more after my CAI intake..... I blame the sound enhancement makes me keep my foot in it more often though... It sounds sooooo gooood!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:26 AM   #13
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:46 AM   #14
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliverSurfer View Post

+1

I have one and I love it. Cant really speak for the MPG gains tho. I put in a K&N panel a few months back and cant seem to recall what my numbers were before that. I can say that K&N panel alone I averaged 27.1 driving from phoenix to los angeles. Im curious to see what i'll get next time. Ive had mine for about a week now, so that's also part of my issue... cant help but mash it. love the sound! :-P
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote