Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
1MtnGoat

Drives: '12 SIM ZL1, 1 of 49
Under Hood Cleanup

I finally finished my under hood cleanup (at least for now). Here are a few pictures. 1-49 Plaque, Catch can & AL tensioner pulleys, Painted strut ends, SS fasteners & SS ground post, Intercooler connections, Pump connection, Engine plaque, Overall view.
Attached Images

Under Hood - Painted strut bar ends w/custom Polished Stainless mounting hardware, E2 CC, RotoFab CAI, ZL1 underhood decal, Amsoil oil, Black billet strut covers, Metco pulleys, intercooler reservoir, JRE 75 RWHP package.
Chassis - Hawk ceramic brake pads, ZL1 wheel decals, Amsoil fluids
Interior - A pillar gauge pod w/Aeroforce Interceptor gauges, Polished ZL1 speaker rings, ZL1 mats and console lid, Custom GPS mount
Exterior - 3M clear bra, LED driving lights, PIAA Plasma Ion yellow fog lights, Window tint, CF bowties, Technostalgia sequential tail lights

1MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Very nice
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Ok, I love the blower hose delete from the front! I hope to tackle that issue also. Love your car!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
I also like the rerouting of the supercharger cooler lines. Did you buy them as a kit, or fabricate them?

The SC cover idea is good, but I think I would blend the opening. Cool idea for the spec cover.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
BIGBLKZL1

Drives: '12 ZL1/M6
Rerouting the blower hoses is nice...where (and what size) did you get the "L" connections?
BIGBLKZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
1MtnGoat

I fabricated the hoses. They are made of 5/8" ID silicone hose. The "L"fitting on the pump end is a 3/4" x 5/8" 45* and the other lower end "L" is a 5/8" 45*. The "L" fittings are 4 ply which will hold their shape and position. Hoses and fittings are made by HPS. A 3/4" PEX coupling with slightly tapered inner edges was used to join the "L"s to the 5/8" hose. The legs on each "L" are 4" long. I cut approximately 2" off the lower 5/8" "L" where it connects to the OEM fitting. SS earless clamps were used to make all connections except at the pump. All hoses were covered with nylon wire sleeve and the ends taped to prevent unraveling. A zip tie was used to prevent the tape from coming loose. You can use heat shrink tubing in place of the tape and zip tie if you wish. Bleeding the air from the system when refilling the coolant takes a bit of time and patience.
Under Hood - Painted strut bar ends w/custom Polished Stainless mounting hardware, E2 CC, RotoFab CAI, ZL1 underhood decal, Amsoil oil, Black billet strut covers, Metco pulleys, intercooler reservoir, JRE 75 RWHP package.
Interior - A pillar gauge pod w/Aeroforce Interceptor gauges, Polished ZL1 speaker rings, ZL1 mats and console lid, Custom GPS mount
Exterior - 3M clear bra, LED driving lights, PIAA Plasma Ion yellow fog lights, Window tint, CF bowties, Technostalgia sequential tail lights

Old 05-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Where are the Black billet strut covers from and how hard is the install?

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
1MtnGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bob View Post
Where are the Black billet strut covers from and how hard is the install?
Even though they are called covers they are not. They are the actual mount. CA-280001-BLK is the mfg #. They are also available in clear and red anodized finish. Hennesy Performance has the cheapest price $49.00 others are as much as $20 more. I had to make a special wrench to install mine. The end of the strut shaft has a hex on it and needs to be held while the nut on the shaft is turned off. The nut is too recessed too far down the shaft to use a box end wrench so I welded a socket on a box end wrench and used that socket to turn the nut while holding the shaft with a 1/4" drive socket through the hole on the end of the socket.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Ant tips on coolant bleeding?
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
1MtnGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Ant tips on coolant bleeding?
When looking through the front grille at the HX you will see a vent plug in the upper left corner. Use a long 3/8" extension to open the plug to let air out as you fill. When you see coolant at this plug close it and continue filling. The first fill will go fairly well with about 70% going in. (Pour in slowly so the air can bleed out) Then start engine let it idle about a minute then shut off and check level. It may take six or so times to do this. Then drive a bit to warm up the system and check after it has cooled off. Top off as needed. Use a 50/50 mixture of Dex-cool or approved coolant. There should be no air in the system when you are done. Be sure and check all your connections for leaks.

Last edited by 1MtnGoat; 05-11-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Add info on HX vent plug.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Where did you get the plaque on the front of your cover? Very interesting info.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
1MtnGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
Where did you get the plaque on the front of your cover? Very interesting info.
I went to a local sign/engraving shop with the size and info I wanted on the plaque and had it custom made. The plaque is fastened on with 4 polished SS button head 8-32 bolts with a washer and nylock nut behind each.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
JFWJR179

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Check out how much effort and attention to detail this person did
on his Camaro engine parts.

It looks tremendous !

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...h+engine+parts
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Looks great. Especially like that you went stealth with the Roto-Fab. Prefer the engine not to have a lot of advertising on it. Like how clean and organized it looks. Wanna do mine? LOL
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote