Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #1
JGS

Drives: 2015 2SS LS3 NPP/1LE/ Red Hot
advice/help needed

hi,

two weeks ago I purchased a 2015 red hot Camaro SS with the 1LE package with the full bells and whistles and dual exhaust. It is a factory order, therefore I was told it will be a 8-10 weeks wait. A few days after ordering, I told the salesman that I would like to add the z/28 CAI and exhaust manifold package ( you can find them in the next link):

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...parts/z28.html

They told me that I would have to order through the parts department, and that I would have to pay for shipping and installation. My question is the next: if its a factory order, cant gm install them from factory directly ? Im okay for paying extra for the parts, but I kinda feel that the dealership is trying to make some extra $$ by them installing them at their shop. I contacted GM customer care yesterday, and still waiting to hear from them. Anybody with similar experience ? thanks
JGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:15 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Those are intended to be bought and installed AFTER you get your car.....they are not something that they install at the factory.

HOWEVER, you can buy them and have the dealer install them after your car gets here.