Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #43
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Yea rick I ordered a rear diffuser from a guy on the fourms he custom makes them
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #44
camaro2lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Wow

I can't remember what I was doing at 14.... I know I wasn't modding a 30k+ beautiful red Camaro. Congrats.

You got a name for her yet?
Thanks and no i do not have a name yet any ideas
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #45
camaro2lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
Hey Camaro2lt,

I see you're getting to know your car well by doing all the mods. I was thinking, since you have some time before you get your license, another way to get to know your car well, is doing all the detail work yourself, which you may already do. If you're interested, the Junkman, as he's known, has great videos on detailing. Detailing is something I found to be enjoyable when I was young. To do a professional type job is very time consuming and hard work, but you have time, and I assume you can handle the hard work. Actually, we see the hard work you've already put in.

So good luck to you, and enjoy. And, if you're interested, here's a link to the Junkman, who is also a member of Camaro5;

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nkman2008&aq=2

I washed her today i use adams i also polished and wax i will get some pics up later
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #46
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
holy crap! I envy both you and your thread. Props to you for doing the mods at such a young age, especially when you can't even drive it yet. I wish more kids were motivated to get involved as you are.

I'm getting my first RS hopefully next week and am looking forward to being able to do the mods you're doing now.

keep up the nice work.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #47
camaro2lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
holy crap! I envy both you and your thread. Props to you for doing the mods at such a young age, especially when you can't even drive it yet. I wish more kids were motivated to get involved as you are.

I'm getting my first RS hopefully next week and am looking forward to being able to do the mods you're doing now.

keep up the nice work.
Thanks you very much and congrats on your new camaro i am sure you will enjoy it i just recived a Billet catch can today i am geting ready to install it hopefully i can do a DIY
Old 01-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #48
crewxp

thanks, yeah, the people who I'm getting it from seem like really nice people too. It's been a pain coming up with the funds, but I cant wait

Looking forward to your next DIY
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #49
camaro2lt

Quote:
thanks, yeah, the people who I'm getting it from seem like really nice people too. It's been a pain coming up with the funds, but I cant wait

its worth every penny post a pic when you get her

im working on the catch can now
Old 01-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #50
crewxp

nice! What caught my attention in the first place was I did a couple of forum searches for mods I wanted to do and you've done about 80% of them. I think we might think alike.

Quick question though on one of your mods. The AAC v2.0 Scanner. Does it react to music? Do you know how this works? Does it have to hook to the audio somehow? I have this awesome bass beat I generated (I make music for fun), and think it would look awesome if the sensor faded to the beat. Was wondering how this would work.

Scratch that, I have a bunch of questions for you. Hope you dont mind.

1.) The above question
2.) I'm new to the camaro scene. Is there a good place to get the RS and 2LT badges? The car Im looking at doesnt have any RS badge besides the one on the front grill and back.
3.) Where did you get your engine cover it. Its awesome!
4.) Is that a custom cupholder you have? Was it hard to install?

I plan on first getting lighting mods (foot area, interior lights, the scanner), getting RS badges, Chrome replacements, the small interior/cosmetic stuff, etc. Then definitely a CAI, followed by Exhaust system. Then all else comes after :P
Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #51
camaro2lt

Quote:
nice! What caught my attention in the first place was I did a couple of forum searches for mods I wanted to do and you've done about 80% of them. I think we might think alike.

Quick question though on one of your mods. The AAC v2.0 Scanner. Does it react to music? Do you know how this works? Does it have to hook to the audio somehow? I have this awesome bass beat I generated (I make music for fun), and think it would look awesome if the sensor faded to the beat. Was wondering how this would work.

Scratch that, I have a bunch of questions for you. Hope you dont mind.

1.) The above question
2.) I'm new to the camaro scene. Is there a good place to get the RS and 2LT badges? The car Im looking at doesnt have any RS badge besides the one on the front grill and back.
3.) Where did you get your engine cover it. Its awesome!
4.) Is that a custom cupholder you have? Was it hard to install?

I plan on first getting lighting mods (foot area, interior lights, the scanner), getting RS badges, Chrome replacements, the small interior/cosmetic stuff, etc. Then definitely a CAI, followed by Exhaust system. Then all else comes after :P

no i do not mine questions

1( I do not know if you can hook up the scaner to the audio system.That would look cool i will post a vid of my 2 scaners
2(You can order the rs badages from the dealer and they go on using 3m tape. The 2LT badage i got from www.emblempros.com
3(Enigne cover i got from my dealer you can get them online for cheap now and it is painted red and i added the camaro rs on the front of it
4(the cup holder is not custom infact i ordered a new billet chrome cup holder that one was just plastic and went on by using 3m tape

Thanks for the questions
Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #52
camaro2lt

Quote:

my flip video broke soo i can not do any diy as of righ now
Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #53
camaro2lt

Saturday i washed the car polished it and waxed it. I use Adams their stuff is the best now the paint feels like glass

here are some pics:
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #54
crewxp

lol awesome. i dont know if you caught my other thread on detailing, washing, and waxing. But that was EXACTLY what I was thinking of next. I want to wash and wax it myself, was kind of curious as to what to use and how to do it, etc. Im not sure if the previous owner didn't wax it as much so im sure itll need it.

defintely would like something that would catch eyes, it would help me justify this purchase in my mind ^^
Old 01-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #55
crewxp

and damn thats a lot of cleaners! I guess I'll have to stock up. I've read that Adams and Zaino are the best and its a topic overly discussed but never answered. Trying to decide which to go with.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #56
camaro2lt

I would go with adams they give you a discount and their stuff is great. First i would do a clay bar it makes the paint feel like glass and givs it a nice shine then i would go with a polish (blue bottle in pic) And then a buttery wax. And your camaro will look brand new.