Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 11-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Clutch problems

Hi guys, here I am again seeking advice or rather to see if anyone else has the problem that I have. I have a manual transmission and every time i drive aggressively, I can't lie but i tend to kick the clutch a bit hard...but not like crazy hard...but when I do, sometimes the clutch pedal just remains lodged inside. As in it comes out to the extent that it allows the gears to be engaged and the car runs normally but almost half or more of the pedal remains stuck inside the footwell.
I have to place my toes below the clutch pedal and pull it a bit and then it pops out into its normal position.

Is anybody else facing this problem and more so, does anybody know why this is happening and if so, is there a solution?

Guys, help out here...i don't need my dealer to tear me open a new hole...in my pockets that is ;-)
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
H4rm0n1'c

Drives: 10 camaro
اخوي المشكله هذي عانيت منها قبل

والسبب هو الكلتش ودع يبغاله تغيير

اذا انك تحت 550 حصان غيره بكلتش zo6

بس الحق غيره قبل ينتهي لانه بيعطلك كثير لا خرب ولا تقدر تشغل السيارة وحوسه

موفق واي خدمه حاضرين

Last edited by H4rm0n1'c; 11-14-2011 at 05:00 AM.
H4rm0n1'c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
zeke38

Drives: 2006 chevy 2500 lbz
^^^^what he said

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
zeke38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #4
H4rm0n1'c

Drives: 10 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke38 View Post
^^^^what he said

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
lol, I wrote in Arabic that why you didn't understand it.

I said I faced this problem before and this issue begin when the life of clutch gone,It means he must change it before problem grows up

And I suggested that if he being under 550 WRHP he will be fine to change his clutch with zo6 one

thats it,I hope you understand what I wrote

H4rm0n1'c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
Bu3ali

Drives: Camaro LS3/RS, Cadillac CTS
I faced the same problem a few times before, but the clutch came out by it self 2-3 seconds after being stuck.

I think if your car is under warranty you can just tell them that your having clutch problems and they should take care of it.

I didn't address the issue yet my self because it doesn't occur that often and if it doesn't the stupid dealership garage won't know whats wrong !

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38228&dateline=134383  0129
Bu3ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Ajmalian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu3ali View Post
I faced the same problem a few times before, but the clutch came out by it self 2-3 seconds after being stuck.

I think if your car is under warranty you can just tell them that your having clutch problems and they should take care of it.

I didn't address the issue yet my self because it doesn't occur that often and if it doesn't the stupid dealership garage won't know whats wrong !
Thanx for the advice bro but unfortunately i got headers on my car and that very clearly with UAE dealers means, "WARRANTY VOID!!!"

What's funny though is that after a looooong drive one day I suddenly started getting this sharp high pitched grinding noise from what i assumed to be my clutch bcuz whenever i would disengage my clutch pedal, the noise would come but as soon as i apply the slightest bit of pressure on it the sound would go away. I obviously was ver concerned and decided to take the car to the dealer the very next day, however when i switched my engine back on the next day, the grinding noise was gone and to my greatest surprise, so was the sticky clutch issue.

Wallah sometimes these issues leave me well confused.

If you have any views or opinions, please do share.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Khan.SS

Drives: 2011 camaro SS RS
Hi guys, I have a manual SS 2011 model and so far it's been great and I am loving every bit of it. I do have a slight issue or perhaps it's just in my head.

When I am in first gear moving very slowly say less than 10km/hr and engage the clutch slowing down without changing gear, there is a slight clingy sound.... Now I don't know whether it's normal or not. Its been there since I bought the car brand new and my car has done 4500 Kms so far and due for a service in 500 Kms.

Do I need to worry? I hope not...

And one more thing! Is there any camaro club in dubai as I do miss the regular meets that I used to have when I was in the mustang club...
Khan.SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
Lumina SS
Corvette Z51

Drives: Corvette Z51 476rwhp & camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
Hi guys, here I am again seeking advice or rather to see if anyone else has the problem that I have. I have a manual transmission and every time i drive aggressively, I can't lie but i tend to kick the clutch a bit hard...but not like crazy hard...but when I do, sometimes the clutch pedal just remains lodged inside. As in it comes out to the extent that it allows the gears to be engaged and the car runs normally but almost half or more of the pedal remains stuck inside the footwell.
I have to place my toes below the clutch pedal and pull it a bit and then it pops out into its normal position.

Is anybody else facing this problem and more so, does anybody know why this is happening and if so, is there a solution?

Guys, help out here...i don't need my dealer to tear me open a new hole...in my pockets that is ;-)
i have the same problem in my vette just try to buy an afterm market Clutch like monster clutch stage 3 its very good around 330kd.

ur car is upgraded right did you install an agrrisve cam
Old 05-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rm0n1'c View Post
اخوي المشكله هذي عانيت منها قبل

والسبب هو الكلتش ودع يبغاله تغيير

اذا انك تحت 550 حصان غيره بكلتش zo6

بس الحق غيره قبل ينتهي لانه بيعطلك كثير لا خرب ولا تقدر تشغل السيارة وحوسه

موفق واي خدمه حاضرين
I couldn't have said it better myself
Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Don't buy a Z06 clutch, that is what comes in the car stock. Street Slayer Dual clutch seems to be one of the best ones used around here to go with.

http://streetslayer.com/Street_Slayer_Twin_KMVT.html
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
Ajmalian

Thanks for the advice guys but I've been on Exedy for about 6 months now and am quite happy!!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Its the fluid not the clutch...its contaminated and needs to be flushed and bled. This is a common problem with all GM LSx cars with manual trannies that are driven hard. The slave cylinders are junk.

To prevent this from happening you need to bleed the fluid every couple months or so.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote