Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #29
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
I never understood that. Exp down here in S. Fla. I see these tiny little women, with ONE BABY, get out of the biggest trucks you have ever seen. Or a F250 Dually(spelling ?) hike up, big rims and all, pulling a jet-ski trailer...

I mean yes get what you want, but over excess seems a bit extreme down here.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Correct, because Ford as a company only had one brand, the Ford brand, that builds trucks. GM has Chevy and GMC. There numbers are and ALWAYS HAVE BEEN skewed due to this fact. Put Ford against GM and they will no longer have that big 'advantage' they claim to have.
Not true. I present the Lincoln Mark LT:

Though the truck has been discontinued in the US and Canada, it does continue to be sold in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
True true and true. But because GM strat is to make ONE BASE truck, and slap 2 different branding on it, make it a tops seller ? No. This thinking is what landed GM in the hot water they are currently trying to get out of now. Sure you can combine GMC and Chevy and say they have the top numbers. I never understood why GM just do not sell their trucks under GMC to begin with really.

Also I never stated that GM trucks are bad. Nope..not saying that. But to say Ford trucks suck is a far fetching statement as well, because just like a Mustang, I see a whole lot of Ford trucks every.
Who sells more full size pickup trucks, Ford Motor Company or General Motors? Breaking it down by brand is meaningless (unless you are trying to make Ford look good) since the brands are not independent.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #31
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I prefer a full bumper rather than the 'buck tooth' on the 1/2 tons. Those specs are very impressive. 10 ton towing capacity, over 6000 lbs of payload? Does anyone else think that HD trucks are getting a bit insane?
Not really for us that use our HD's like trucks (mine towing 14k + about 50% of the time other half is as my DD). It is nice to see GM close the gap from the 3500 to the Kodiak. The Kodiak was just to big to use as a DD, but now they have a truck that I can use without having to add overload springs and such..
Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #32
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Who sells more full size pickup trucks, Ford Motor Company or General Motors? Breaking it down by brand is meaningless (unless you are trying to make Ford look good) since the brands are not independent.
Oh I am not sure about it..I guess GM does. But that was not was I was trying to get at, by branding. GM on a whole I guess does have the top sales, my point is why not just sell them under one umbrella. Also the fact that both Ford and Dodge (as it was pointed out) does quite well in the truck dept.

I do not keep up with Trucks to much, I think the big 3 do sell a ton of them and that all 3 are doing fine in that dept.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #33
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:

Though the truck has been discontinued in the US and Canada, it does continue to be sold in Mexico.

That was a HUGE flop. And mexico doesn't count because they are still selling Bel Airs too...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
That was a HUGE flop. And mexico doesn't count because they are still selling Bel Airs too...
It was indeed a huge flop ... but I still count them (during the relevant years of course) when adding up FoMoCo's truck sales.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #35
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:

A fine example of badge engineering

F-150 + Lincoln Cross and Grill = Lux Truck

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #36
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
While I like the features, I would never buy one because of the Urea injection. We actually bought a new 2010 D-Max Silverado just because I knew this was coming.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #37
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
I prefer a full bumper rather than the 'buck tooth' on the 1/2 tons. Those specs are very impressive. 10 ton towing capacity, over 6000 lbs of payload? Does anyone else think that HD trucks are getting a bit insane?
+1 on the bumper...thats why I bought the GMC. This HD looks good...real good. Hey toyota, when yer done fartin' around with all of your RECALLS, ya got any answers for this rig? Let me answer that for ya...no..HELL NO!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #38
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I hate the 'wood' paneling on the inside with a deep, unrelenting passion. And it still has all the style of a concrete block. Maybe the concrete block thing is the point, but it just lacks...charisma.

On the other hand, the Ford also lacks charisma, and is legitimately ugly to boot. So a win there, I guess.

The interior, save for the wood crap, isn't so bad.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #39
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
10 ton towing capacity, over 6000 lbs of payload? Does anyone else think that HD trucks are getting a bit insane?
ever had to tow some big loads? ever had to pull a tractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Anyway, I would go for the Ram HD over the Ford or GM for 1 reason, it meets the NO2 standards without having to use a eurea system that has to be filled every 5000 miles.

Quote:

more Ford trucks are sold than Chevy or GMC trucks. same thing happened with the camaro and the firebird vs the mustang. it was easier for the mustang to outsell the camaro or firebird individually but if you combined the numbers of F-body's being made by GM, then they would sell higher numbers.

but, chevy and GMC are two separate brands of the same parent company and sell slightly different vehicles.

you guys remember the thread about the Alpha platform to possibly be used as the 6th gen frame? along with a load of other rwd cars from gm....

so say the CTS and the Camaro are both built off that same frame, would we say that they are the same car only rebadged? no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
I hate the 'wood' paneling on the inside with a deep, unrelenting passion. And it still has all the style of a concrete block. Maybe the concrete block thing is the point, but it just lacks...charisma.

On the other hand, the Ford also lacks charisma, and is legitimately ugly to boot. So a win there, I guess.

The interior, save for the wood crap, isn't so bad.
the wood isnt too bad, but I can see your feelings on that.

however, remember that Chevy has never been in a market to offer world class interiors. Chevy is the bargain bin market (for lack of a better term). they are the bang for the buck vehicles. GMC variants of this truck will most likely have upgraded interiors that are more refined than the chevy versions.

tho if I may make one change.....

I'd like to add this as an engine option.....900ft/lbs at idle.....
Attached Images

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #40
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
I must say I hate wood grain in a truck...
i'd like it a lot more with a light grey, kind of a brushed aluminum kind of look.

my father drives a yukon xl, the wooden look isn't as bad as it looks in the photos, it sort of grows on you too. but it's still not my favorite.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #41
Outlaw_SS

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
+1 on the bumper...thats why I bought the GMC. This HD looks good...real good. Hey toyota, when yer done fartin' around with all of your RECALLS, ya got any answers for this rig? Let me answer that for ya...no..HELL NO!!!
I agree....

Outlaw_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #42
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
One of the things I appreciate about the GM is that they are on generation 4 of the same basic engine. Ford drives me nuts because they want to throw in an entirely new engine design every couple of years in their diesels. Anecdotally, Ford's seem like they are constantly going through new model teething pains.

GM's first year with the Allison combo had some bumps but they seem like a pretty strong reliable combo now.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote