Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #15

Drives: 2011 5.0L GT
"I don't own either, although I hope to rectify that later today.

I've driven the Mustang and the Camaro in my search for a new car. And personally, I think the Camaro wins by a mile in this race."

That's just personal preference. But to say it wins by a mile on either one, in my own opinion, is being kinda biased I think. Like someone else said these cars are so close it's not even funny..

"Apart from anything else, the Mustang is clearly a Mustang. Same old, same old. Sure, we've seen some body changes over the years, but nothing major. It still just looks along the same lines as the last years model, and the year before that. Ford finally ditched their crappy engines for 2011. But what you have is a common looking car, and you can't even throw a rock in a Walmart parking lot without hitting a Mustang made in the past five years."

The body was completely redesigned in 2010. And considering they have a completely new drivetrain, to say same old, same old is just silly. Another thing is that I actually have seen more 2010 Camaros than 2010/2011 Mustangs around here.

"On the other hand the Camaro has a unique and stunning look that really makes it stand out."

I do agree with this. The Camaro does have an overall better look outside. But I still prefer the interior on the Mustang. Just more driver friendly in my opinion.

"They have made the Mustang lighter, and it does feel a bit more nimble than the heavy Camaro. But with that said, the Camaro cruises better and seems to absorb pot holes better, for a smoother quieter ride."

The Mustang does feel more nimble, but I honestly think that they feel equally comfortable giving the tad to the Camaro. The Brembo Package GT does feel a bit harsher though than the Camaro..

"The interior of the Mustang is also another disappointment for me. And I just hate that 1980s green LED display they have."

Again, personal preference, and the lights are now ocean blue. Quite nice actually.

"The salesman was showing me all the cool Microsoft Sync stuff, most of which a Camaro can do. And I couldn't help be distracted by the displays, that are not dissimilar to those in an old Explorer.

I've nothing against Ford, and I've not owned an American car in almost ten years. But for me the Mustang is nowhere near as striking to look at, and just doesn't feel as nice to drive.

When I told the Ford salesman I was shopping against a Camaro, he told me that he and his daddy before him had always been Ford men. That because the Government saved GM from bankruptcy, they were basically commie cars. When you have to resort to those kinds of arguments; you've already lost."

If the salesperson told you this, he's simply a douche. No reason for that and I would have walked away also.

"That's just my opinion. To each their own.[/QUOTE]"

Agree..

28 " Buy a hybrid, I need your gas.."
28. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #16

Drives: 2011 5.0L GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I'll take the IRS in the new Camaro any 'ole day over the live axle in the Mustang. Put an IRS back into a Mustang like the '03 and '04 Cobras had and I'll start looking at them again.
What's crazy is that alot of those guys that have the 03/04 Cobras switch them out to a live axle. They have really bad wheel hop kinda like the new GTOs do... I like the IRS in the new Camaros' but in all honesty, the live axle in the 2010/2011 Mustangs is not bad at all. Especially at the dragstrip..

28 " Buy a hybrid, I need your gas.."
28. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #17
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Guys: The Challenger, the Mustang 5.0, and the Camaro are all sexy assed cars. Go enjoy them.

Can't we all just get along?

And, if a salesperson had used tactics like that with me calling a Chevrolet a commie car, I would have laughed in his face and left too. Jerk.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #18
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetReporter View Post
Coke vs. Pepsi
Chevy vs. Ford
Liberal vs. Conservative
Cocoa Crispies vs. Cocoa Puffs

So it was, so it is, so it will be for eternity.

BTW, Cocoa Crispies are the best.
Ummm Count Chocula or Cap'n Crunch are the best... by miles...
Old 08-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Personally, I don't give a flying flip about the Mustang, what it can do compared to the Camaro, what power it makes, how it looks on the inside, outside, or in another dimension. I LOVE my Camaro. When I see another Mustang, I think eh, it's a Mustang. When I see another Camaro, I get all excited and butterflies in my stomach. It's awesome!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #20
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
LMFAO
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #22
Diabel1969

Drives: 2010 2SS, A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
opinion, check the forum you're on
Opinion. Check what country your living in. We have freedom of speech here, and freedom of opinions. Welcome to america.
Diabel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel1969 View Post
Opinion. Check what country your living in. We have freedom of speech here, and freedom of opinions. Welcome to america.
This always cracks me up !!! Go back to Civics Class and start over ... It only applies to political speech and is guaranteed by the Federal Government ...
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #24
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
These two are so close it is not even funny.
+1000. Total driver's race.

That said, in my humble opinion, the 2010 Mustang in average stock trim is so ugly it made me sell my '00 because I didn't want to be associated with Mustangs anymore.

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #25
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
This always cracks me up !!! Go back to Civics Class and start over ... It only applies to political speech and is guaranteed by the Federal Government ...
That is way, WAY too much work for most people to research.

The best reaction is seeing people being arrested for running down public streets dropping the F-bomb because they have that freedom of speech.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #26
stryker755

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28. View Post
What's crazy is that alot of those guys that have the 03/04 Cobras switch them out to a live axle. They have really bad wheel hop kinda like the new GTOs do... I like the IRS in the new Camaros' but in all honesty, the live axle in the 2010/2011 Mustangs is not bad at all. Especially at the dragstrip..
Nice car, I love the grabber blue, or is yours black?? A dealer in town has an awesome looking 2010 Grabber Blue vert GT with black stripes that's been sitting there like a year. Guessing no one will buy it cuz it does'nt have the 5.0.
-2010 2SS/RS Silver Ice M6 TVS2300 700HP (SOLD)
-2010 2SS Aqua Blue M6 Stock (SOLD)
-1986 Sport Coupe Gray Built 355 (SOLD)
stryker755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #27
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
I agree with most of the points people have made on the topic.

I drove both the new '11 mustang and the camaro (as i would have ordered it) and after owning completely different cars from either over the last several years, i would say the only thing that really hurts the Camaro is it's sheer girth and maybe the interior plastics. Yes, it's a muscle car and it was not Chevrolet's priority 1 to make it a nimble track car but i would have still liked to see it be a few hundred pounds lighter. We can remedy that of course with several thousands invested in after-market mods to remove the stock exhaust system, intake, etc. but would have felt a lot faster of a car it it was around 200-300lbs lighter. The mustang did feel quicker but as most people said, equally optioned, it's probably a break even. That said, both with relatively high curb weight were still a blast to drive, plenty fast, and best of all, it's still a absolute steal for what you get in a 2SS Camaro IMO. Pricing a 5.0 was near $2k more than the 2SS i ordered with the same items standard, so on price comparison, i still think the Camaro is cheaper at the 2SS level.

For all things that everyone else has already mentioned, i had to have one myself too. =)

Good topic though, i think it's interesting as everyone has an opinion on this one because the mustang is finally now so much more refined (except for that rear axle thing). ;-) LOL

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #28
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Right now, if you are a stang lover or Camaro lover, you can't lose with picking your favorite car. This is the win-win we get from Ford and GM when they want to steal each other's customers. I say they should keep at each other's throats offering more options/features/power! Personally, you can keep your Mustangs, but Camaro and Mustang NEEDS each other...

But between the choices given, Cocoa Krispies are kick azz, no doubt. But I'd never kick a box of Cocoa Puffs to the curb if they're free.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote