Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 04-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
Anytime someone says they had their car "smogged" I know they are from California. I'm glad Texas doesn't have such ridiculous regulations.
not yet anyway.... but I have a feeling it may be soon... we are getting up there on the list for having some of the dirtiest cities.... Houston and Dallas coming in at # 7 & 8 of the top 10

Cali claims 6 of the 10 spots

http://www.webmd.com/asthma/ss/slide...st-smog-cities
Old 04-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #16
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
Quote:
It's flat, but I love it here. No state income tax, diverse cultures all playing well together, real estate is way cheaper than California and of course, southern women are some of the best looking in the world! The only drawback as far as I'm concerned is the summertime heat. I freaking hate it.
i have been looking into the real estate and its unbelievable how much more affordable it is there...for the price of a 1 bedroom apartment here in so cal. you can rent a 3 bedroom house...i have heard the heat gets a little bad, but where i live in so cal it gets over 100 during the summer almost daily
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #17
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I was in CA several months ago and was curious if my car would be legal if I ever decided to move back there. I stopped in the local Chevy dealership and asked what the "smog" rules were. I was told that the inspection is visual only now. If the original "smog" related equipment was still on the car or as I like to say "appear to still be on the car", you pass. No more sniffer like the old days.

Was I given incorrect information?
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Anytime someone says they had their car "smogged" I know they are from California. I'm glad Texas doesn't have such ridiculous regulations.
I want to move to Texas. Just another reason to add to the list. I am being looking for an accounting position with a firm in Texas, for when I graduate next month.

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I was in CA several months ago and was curious if my car would be legal if I ever decided to move back there. I stopped in the local Chevy dealership and asked what the "smog" rules were. I was told that the inspection is visual only now. If the original "smog" related equipment was still on the car or as I like to say "appear to still be on the car", you pass. No more sniffer like the old days.

yes it is incorrect, it is visual and Sniffer / OBD II depending on car every 2 years after a car reaches 5 year mark or before being sold to a non relative.
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #20
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenangels89 View Post
yes it is incorrect, it is visual and Sniffer / OBD II depending on car every 2 years after a car reaches 5 year mark or before being sold to a non relative.
I guess my car will never be registered in CA!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #21
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
Quote:
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #22
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Quote:
we contemplated buying an investment property in another state that has no/little smog requirements and registering all of our cars there haha.
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenangels89 View Post
we contemplated buying an investment property in another state that has no/little smog requirements and registering all of our cars there haha.
Make friends with someone in AZ!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #24
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
unbelievable ! always doing what they want with tax payers money. They wonder why we California is in deep debt!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #25
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:

From what I have heard, smogs are going to become visual only. Who knows when that takes effect or if it will actually happen.

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #26
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post
From what I have heard, smogs are going to become visual only. Who knows when that takes effect or if it will actually happen.
Selman Chevrolet in Orange thinks it is already visual only. That is where I checked.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #27
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
Quote:

Hmmmm, Visual Inspection only? That may mean that sniffer test are disqualifying a lot of cars and putting undue financial stress on the poor and is therefore discriminatory??

I think I need a 'GM Performance' sticker for my Airbox...
anybody got one?
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #28
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
That is crazy!

Even here in lefty wonderland mASSachusetts they are pretty easy on the cars. Maybe they just don't think anyone will have a hot rod

Hilarious side note; I am a scientist that works in the field of renewable fuels for cars/jets. Everyone I work with rides bikes or has a hybrid to "help the environment".

I am gonna park out front and fire that car up for all it's worth and rattle the windows
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote