Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #57
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Trick one. Make your healthy meals convienent. No one wants to cook every night, no one has time in this busy life we live. Once or twice a week, cook a whole lot of chicken, fish, steak and put it in some tupperware containers. You want that salad, pull out some chicken and put on top of it. Want a little pasta, pull out that chicken or steak and mix in with it. Want a snack, pull out that steak you cut up and cooked and sprinkle some cheese over it. Prepare in advance! Nothing like opening the fridge and all your choices are already HEALTHY choice. Grab, heat, eat.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #58
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Not snacks after dinner.. NOTHING! (unless it is ALL protein). NO Sweets with ANY Meals. If you can not fight that desire for a piece of chocolate, have it an hour before a meal or an hour after a meal, but not with a meal.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #59
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
See I am person that is very routine oriented. Once I start I pretty much stay according to plan. The problem here is I have let my portions per meal get out of hand. Once I real that in I should be good. The one other problem is "what is healthy food". There are people who cut back their portions and lose weight while others must starve and eat food with no taste to lose weight. I would love to have an example menu that I could start to follow and then branch out.

My exercise habits need to add more things I believe. I already run over 4 miles three times a week. I know I need to add weight lifting but again a sample routine would be something that would greatly help me. I have very limited time in the morning (about 40 minutes) to work out and work late most of the time so and hour routine is out of the question.

These are just some of the issues I am dealing with on this issue.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #60
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
"I CAN DO THIS, I AM BETTER THAN THIS, I CAN CONTROL MYSELF"?
THIS is just what I needed to hear! Yes, I can do this, yes I'm better than this. Yes, I can control myself.

After years of worrying about everyone else, I'm doing this for ME! I'm fabulous and worth it and deserve to have the body God intended for me!

Happy New Year everyone! Now get yer butt to the gym!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #61
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
being a carb-o-holic what I do is cut bread and milk out of my diet. Dropping these two items always helps me because I can drink a gallon of milk a day easy, and my favorite snack is toast with butter and jelly.
I do not like to go to a gym, it creeps me out how unsanitary it all seems what with everyone sweating on everything and grabbing hold of everything with their sweaty hands and god knows what living in between their toes jumping off everywhere.
I live in a small house and I need to carve out an exercise area somewhere.
Dr Oz says 5 cups of leafy greens a day, and suggests doing it all at once by juicing them. 5 cups of lg's will juice down into an 8 oz glass pretty quickly, and then you just have to gulp the stuff down and try not to taste it.
I only gained 3 lbs total over the holidays (once I was brave enough to face my scale again) and already got it to drop off so I'm back in the game - 5 lbs off this month is my short term goal. I'm not going to try look at longer or more just yet! It is so overwhelming!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #62
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
post 2 updated....

Just got back from the Grocery store and bought
some yummie healthy stuff.
I have rid the house of all the candy,
cookies and other Holiday foods that seem to
accumulate and replaced it with carrots,
celery and salad fixings.

Things that are easy to grab when I want a snack.
Also bought some 0 calorie sparkling waters...

I starting to think about rewards already....
I know when I did this before,...
when I would lose 5 lbs or so
I would reward myself with a
small Dairy QueenBlizzard.
YUM, ice cream is one of my favorites.

Anyone else have rewards in mind?
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #63
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
[QUOTEI starting to think about rewards already....
I know when I did this before,...
when I would lose 5 lbs or so
I would reward myself with a
small Dairy QueenBlizzard.
YUM, ice cream is one of my favorites.

][/QUOTE]

I don't totally prohibit indulgences, because that will set you up for failure. Instead, pick something healthy to indulge in, like maybe some sugar-free chocolate pudding or mousse. Make it small and low cal.

To reward myself, I would probably buy something a size smaller or something non-food related. Let's all be each other's accountability partners. I will have to say what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
Keep the faith!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #64
metallicide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Im happy to help if anyone has questions on diet/nutrition and training.

I can help women not only men looking to get hyooge hah. Feel free to PM me. Love you c5 community.

My diet now.....everyone will hate lol...cutting so

Morning 2 scoops whey, 2 scoops raw oats mixed in and chug
Meal 2 same *workout between the two
Meal 3 Tuna or Chicken with spinache, green veggies
Meal 4 Tuna or chicken with green veggies
meal 5 Casein protein shake or fat free cottage cheese

soooo hungry. but diets dont have to be extreme, just for the type of body im looking for they do.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #65
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm in!! My goal is to lose 12 - 15 pounds and lose 7% body fat! I started P90X last Sunday, but just started watching the nutrition side of the house today.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #66
Coop

What is P90X?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #67
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Eating clean starts tomorrow, I just took a week break from working out and I start all my hard core workouts tomorrow also. So I'll log what I eat starting tomorrow, I figure if I have to tell everyone it'll keep me from cheating!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #68
Coop

I just need a good meal plan. I am at a loss on this. Do not want to starve.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #69
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I live in a small house and I need to carve out an exercise area somewhere.
Dr Oz says 5 cups of leafy greens a day, and suggests doing it all at once by juicing them. 5 cups of lg's will juice down into an 8 oz glass pretty quickly, and then you just have to gulp the stuff down and try not to taste it.
P90x would be good for you. And Dr Oz is an idiot about that. 5 cups of leafy greens A DAY, not in one sitting. Think about small meals through the day, not one or two big ones and call it quits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicide View Post

I can help women not only men looking to get hyooge hah. Feel free to PM me. Love you c5 community.

soooo hungry. but diets dont have to be extreme, just for the type of body im looking for they do.
You need more calories and carbs to put some meat on that body. That is a good diet to stay lean on with your lifting though. But with what you started, don't stop there, go for it and get big. And no, you're not huge standing beside me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
I'm in!! My goal is to lose 12 - 15 pounds and lose 7% body fat! I started P90X last Sunday, but just started watching the nutrition side of the house today.
great job, you will learn a lot about putting meals together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I just need a good meal plan. I am at a loss on this. Do not want to starve.
Coop, shoot me a PM with more details about your height, weight, daily routine and let's see if we can get you a meal plan together with a good workout plan.

here you go metallicide
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #70
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicide View Post

Wow! You need to be on the C5 calendar guys thread. Nice inspiration. My morning shake is soy/whey protein, frozen strawberries, blueberries, peaches & banana slices. Actually tastes good & good for you. For us girls, what is the best tip for maintaining muscle mass. Zumba & dance/exercise classes (3x/wk) are burning calories & giving aerobic workout. I know how to weight train but have a hard time adding one more thing to the weekly routine.