Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #29
76z28

Drives: 1976 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
This is at least a 100 hp boost. Game over, you lose.
76z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #30
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Wait wait wait, we're forgetting something important here.

How many AEM and NOS stickers does the Si have? I mean you put enough stickers on a Civic and it'll run circles around a Veyron.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #31
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Wait wait wait, we're forgetting something important here.

How many AEM and NOS stickers does the Si have? I mean you put enough stickers on a Civic and it'll run circles around a Veyron.
read my sig
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #32
Al

Drives: 2011 SS CGM
Say what you will, I own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Honda engines are gutless. Driving around at 3,000RPM is a waste of fuel when you could be driving at half that RPM with a real engine.
This "gutless" car is my Jack of all trades year round vehicle. Here as you see in this pic I use it in the winter for a sled towing rig. My owners manual states that the SI can't be used for towing. One of the words of the english language I really have problems with is Can't. So this little rice burner has yet to be taken by a mustang(v6) in going on four years now. I will miss this car. A couple of days ago I took a test drive. It was a Black Camaro SS with white stripes. I started the car and it read six miles on the odo, when I got back to the dealer it read 26 miles. Now what I don't understand is the average MPG reported to be 20.6 MPG. Is this gauge for real???? I expected to be more like 15 mpg the way I drive. . .
Attached Images

Last edited by Al; 02-16-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #33
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
You havent been taken by a mustang v6 right? Thats understandable but the v6 camaro has way more power than even the 05-09 v6 mustangs.

Last edited by cmiller8006; 02-18-2010 at 02:21 PM.
cmiller8006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
This is at least a 100 hp boost. Game over, you lose.
oh noooesssssssssss
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #35
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
This "gutless" car is my Jack of all trades year round vehicle. Here as you see in this pic I use it in the winter for a sled towing rig. My owners manual states that the SI can't be used for towing. One of the words of the english language I really have problems with is Can't. So this little rice burner has yet to be taken by a mustang(v6) in going on four years now. I will miss this car. A couple of days ago I took a test drive. It was a Black Camaro SS with white stripes. I started the car and it read six miles on the odo, when I got back to the dealer it read 26 miles. Now what I don't understand is the average MPG reported to be 20.6 MPG. Is this gauge for real???? I expected to be more like 15 mpg the way I drive. . .
Say goodbye to your trans and clutch. They can't take the power of even regular driving without breaking. Performance driving really kills them, and towing is basically saying you are trying to kill the car.

Honda specifies in their TSB's that the Civic Si is not to be skip shifted, in other words only shift sequentially. The reason is that the trans is such a piece of shit that if you skip shift, the synchro's cannot make up the difference between the rotating RPM of the speed gear and output shaft.

You couldn't find a better tow vehicle than a Honda?? You know, like a truck or something??

As for beating a V6 Mustang, I would hope you could. The 4.0 V6 in the Mustang has about the same HP as your Si, but it weighs hundreds of pounds more. Luckily that boat anchor of a V6 (its straight out of the Ranger/Explorer) is being dropped for 2011, to be replaced with a DOHC 300+HP V6, just like the one in the Camaro.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #36
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Why would you have a Civic towing anything lololololol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #37
Wvallediego

Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 RS SS
Quote:

It will change, slowly.
Wvallediego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #38
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Ok, I own both an '06 Honda s2000 and a 1SS/RS Camaro.

There is nothing in Honda's lineup that will run with any V6 let alone V8 Camaro. On the street, our torque alone kills these cars. Now if you're talking a winding backroad kinda of track, then yeah an s2000 has a chance to shine. Civic Si's are a joke of a car. I CAN'T STAND Civic owners.

Every Civic car looks like 4 to 8 different vin number parts on it. They are ratty. The current Civics look wack. No other way to describe it except WACK. They don't even future those scumbucket cars in Fast & Furious films yet owners swear up and down they got some sort of fast car.

I'm venting but seriously, Civic owners give S2000 owners a bad name and rep on the roads. That's why I picked up a Camaro. Gets WAY more respect on the road and you can blow away 70% of the cars on the road.
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizz View Post
Ok, I own both an '06 Honda s2000 and a 1SS/RS Camaro.

There is nothing in Honda's lineup that will run with any V6 let alone V8 Camaro. On the street, our torque alone kills these cars. Now if you're talking a winding backroad kinda of track, then yeah an s2000 has a chance to shine. Civic Si's are a joke of a car. I CAN'T STAND Civic owners.

Every Civic car looks like 4 to 8 different vin number parts on it. They are ratty. The current Civics look wack. No other way to describe it except WACK. They don't even future those scumbucket cars in Fast & Furious films yet owners swear up and down they got some sort of fast car.

I'm venting but seriously, Civic owners give S2000 owners a bad name and rep on the roads. That's why I picked up a Camaro. Gets WAY more respect on the road and you can blow away 70% of the cars on the road.
Surprisingly enough, a V6 Accord can pretty much keep up with a V6 Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #40
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Surprisingly enough, a V6 Accord can pretty much keep up with a V6 Camaro.
Shhhhsh. Don't say such things... lol.

You're right but ugh.
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #41
RockyTop

Drives: 2000 Camry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Are you comparing performance or parts of the car that glow? The obvious performer is the Camaro. The obvious thing that glows is the Civic. Are you more into tachometer lights or cars that are fun to drive?
that is going in my sig :belly roll:
RockyTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #42
chutoyy
knows nothing...

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I was going to save my first post when I got a Camaro... but...

I currently drive a Civic Si... It IS a pretty quick car (even though it doesn't know the meaning of torque) if you have enough road to get it up to 6200 rpm, so you can VTAKK away; but the transmission is the SHI++IEST thing in the world. Grinds, pops out of gear, locks you out of gears... Not to mention the rev hang that occurs on lower gears causing everything to lurch back and forth if you don't granny shift.

The digital gauges are horrible (fuel gauge is never accurate with "needle width" (it's either you have a bar or not) and cops can ALWAYS see how fast you're going at night. The A-pillar obstructs the entire left side of an intersection (the way I sit), ricers are ALWAYS trying to race you.... You're first pick when it comes to cops pulling you over...

But yeah... I'm looking for a V6 Camaro. It's hard to find a stick shift. :(

Edit: I know, I hate being a HonDUH driver... and my worst mistake was trading in my Mercedes C230 6MT for it...

Last edited by chutoyy; 03-23-2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Re-read a post about someone hating Civic drivers. =[
chutoyy is offline   Reply With Quote