Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #995
Fourth Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1-5th Camaro
Went for a drive yesterday, and I'm pretty confident my car has reverted to the low octane table............again.

I just scanned about five recent pages.
Is there any official designation to this "update" that I can reference to my service department so I don't look like I'm making this shit up?
Fourth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #996
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Fourth Camaro, there's nothing official that I know of or have read. What kind of 0-60 times are you getting?

Ultimately, anyone's best bet it to ask to have their ECU updated to the lastest software version.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #997
Fourth Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
Fourth Camaro, there's nothing official that I know of or have read. What kind of 0-60 times are you getting?

Ultimately, anyone's best bet it to ask to have their ECU updated to the lastest software version.
I've never timed it. Ever since I did the fuse pull last August, I've known there was an issue. The difference after pulling fuses is insane.
My only posts here have been in this thread.

Last month I went to downstate Indiana, and I'm pretty sure I got more bad premium gas.

I stopped at a Chevy dealer yesterday that was more conveniently located than the one where I bought my car ( a dealer that reneged on a deal in 1985, and i hold grudges ), and when he checked my vin, he said there is a bulletin that will include a download on my car.
About three hours work he said.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #998
b4ds3ct0r

Drives: Camaro 1LT
1st post Hi! Everyone..

I tried this fuse pull. In the morning when I got in the car I wanted to see how much gas I had before I pull the fuses back in. I turn the key to on position but didn't turn on the car. (I dont even know why I did that) And CEL light came on. I put the fuses back in and start the car everything looks fine except the CEL light wont go away.

So anybody wants to the fuse pulling thing just BE CAREFUL! DONT PLAY AROUND like I did. Just my $0.02
b4ds3ct0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #999
pRodigy

Drives: 2011 black 2ss/rs M6 "hayley"
pulled the 2 fuses. left them off for about 6 hrs. put them back on and drove to church. i definitely felt the difference. the car seems to be lighter/easier to drive for some reason. i probably have to do this again once i put my cai on. all in all i think this mini mod is worth trying.

*when you pull the fuse.. please dont turn on your car. (saves you from the codes that will pop up if you do.)
Old 07-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #1000
Boosted IBM

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Scott stated in another Thread the battery disconnect doesn't work for the LS3, the fuse pull is also required for it as well.

Thoughts?
Boosted IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #1001
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted IBM View Post
Scott stated in another Thread the battery disconnect doesn't work for the LS3, the fuse pull is also required for it as well.

Thoughts?
Not sure about the difference between the motors in regards to the fuse pull. However, I can understand why a Bat DC would not work. Like all computers I am sure there is a small battery located somewhere that maintains enough power so the volatile memory is not dumped when you disconnect the battery. This would explain why there would have to be a fuse pull. The fuse apparently is linked between ALL power and the on board computer.

I recon.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #1002
Boosted IBM

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Pulled Fuses - Performance by the seat of the pants much better, but for me the big deal was mileage. From 21.2mpg up to 24.4mpg and I've done 500 miles since the pull.
Boosted IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #1003
Fourth Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth Camaro View Post
I've never timed it. Ever since I did the fuse pull last August, I've known there was an issue. The difference after pulling fuses is insane.
My only posts here have been in this thread.

Last month I went to downstate Indiana, and I'm pretty sure I got more bad premium gas.

I stopped at a Chevy dealer yesterday that was more conveniently located than the one where I bought my car ( a dealer that reneged on a deal in 1985, and i hold grudges ), and when he checked my vin, he said there is a bulletin that will include a download on my car.
About three hours work he said.
Ok.
Stopped at my dealer to schedule, and he said there is nothing in the bulletin about reprogramming the computer on my issue.
The first dealer was wrong. Shocking, since one of the advisors there, in the middle of my explaining what is going on with the auto V8 cars, felt the need to tell me that my car TAKES PREMIUM FUEL.
I've seen the bulletin, and it only refers to the rear spoiler, an HVAC system reprogram to prevent freeze up, and a harness position check.
Amazingly, amid the thirty or so correspondences from my dealer, i have not received this info before dated September 2009.

Oh well, I guess I'm stuck pulling fuses for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #1004
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Ok.
Stopped at my dealer to schedule, and he said there is nothing in the bulletin about reprogramming the computer on my issue.
The first dealer was wrong. Shocking, since one of the advisors there, in the middle of my explaining what is going on with the auto V8 cars, felt the need to tell me that my car TAKES PREMIUM FUEL.
I've seen the bulletin, and it only refers to the rear spoiler, an HVAC system reprogram to prevent freeze up, and a harness position check.
Amazingly, amid the thirty or so correspondences from my dealer, i have not received this info before dated September 2009.

Oh well, I guess I'm stuck pulling fuses for the foreseeable future.
Dammit. I haven't been in this thread for a while.

Let me find out something more specific and I'll get back to you.

I didn't read. When was your car built?

Post the last 6 of the VIN#
Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #1005
Fourth Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Dammit. I haven't been in this thread for a while.

Let me find out something more specific and I'll get back to you.

I didn't read. When was your car built?

Post the last 6 of the VIN#
That would be very cool.

Mine was built in June '09.
The last six of my VIN is 1 22,823.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #1006
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
That would be very cool.

Mine was built in June '09.
The last six of my VIN is 1 22,823.

Ok. I got an answer, but you're not gonna like it.

Sounds like you are definitley in the category of needing the fuse pull. The dealer should use your Vin# to generate a history of your vehicle according to GM. This will show them the updates you have recieved and the ones you will need.

This is the best info I can give you right here. But it comes from a source that I can GAURANTEE is plugged in to GM.

Quote:
It varies from vehicle to vehicle...

When he goes to the dealership, make sure he asks the dealer to do a diagnostic check. If an update is available, it should immediately flag itself.
So, you may need to have your vehicle hooked up to get the info.

Let me know what happens. Mine was the original 'Slow L99' fuse puller. I've not had a problem since. I've never put low grade fuel in either. I'm still running low 13s quarter mile and low 5s 0-60 mph. And that's with 22 inch wheels and NO drivetrain performance mods.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #1007
Fourth Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

So, you may need to have your vehicle hooked up to get the info.

I'm going to take someone from the service department on a ride along before they do anything. I would swear it is almost a half second throttle lag. If the guy has driven their performance cars, he''ll have to be lying to me to deny there is a problem.
After I ask them to do the diagnostic check, I'll be sure to ask them what the results of doing that were.
I've got to get in there quick. This is the last weekend this summer that I want to drive the car with it under performing .
Thanks for the efforts!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #1008
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

I'm going to take someone from the service department on a ride along before they do anything. I would swear it is almost a half second throttle lag. If the guy has driven their performance cars, he''ll have to be lying to me to deny there is a problem.
After I ask them to do the diagnostic check, I'll be sure to ask them what the results of doing that were.
I've got to get in there quick. This is the last weekend this summer that I want to drive the car with it under performing .
Thanks for the efforts!
They are not going to find anything under an 'In House' diagnostic. But if there is an update for the problem, the check will flag it. Just make sure you tell them that you want them to check your VIN# against any TSBs.

Make sure you ask them if they find anything.