Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetorp View Post
Yeah, it's right here.

That is the same one I posted. Mine used to have the same numbers as posted but when we switched injectors (to the 1000's) that value was changed.

I have not been having any issues on startup but maybe I should change it to what Ted posted just to test it out.

I have been noticing a fuel pressure drop really fast after I shut the car off or after the initial prime of the fuel pump when the key is forward. I was going to increase the amount of time the pump was on but first I wanted to find out why the pressure was dropping. Maybe the check valve on the fuel pump is bad or something in the FPR.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Yeah, it's right here.

THAT'S NOT IT!!!! Boy, you HPtuner lovers are thick.

I have this table.

What part of I double verified don't you get?
Attached Images

JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
bluetorp

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
Easy there big fella.

It would probably be more productive to explain the difference between the two, because technically speaking pulse width and pulse time mean the same thing.

And if this table you just displayed is the secondary, where is the primary? And why is there a secondary? I've only seen secondary injector pulse width tables in staged injection systems.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Easy there big fella.

It would probably be more productive to explain the difference between the two, because technically speaking pulse width and pulse time mean the same thing.

And if this table you just displayed is the secondary, where is the primary? And why is there a secondary? I've only seen secondary injector pulse width tables in staged injection systems.
Hence the I said that light heartedly

It may be named different but the one you posted and this one are the same table.

The Primary is in the Scaler.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 04-14-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #19
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
So, it terms of programmers, there seems to be a "blank" or empty SCT programmer and a Pre-loaded SCT hand held programmer. The preloaded has the canned tunes on it which I don't need, so do I need to go with the Blank programmer? The reason I ask is that the blank one doesn't say you can and cannot load custom tunes on it, but the preloaded one does say you load up to 3 tunes. I'm hoping the blank one is simply the same programmer, but without the canned tunes and hopefully still allows my tuner to load up to three of his tunes on it.

Also, when or if I buy the programmer, it says that the first time it's plugged into the computer it saves your "stock" tune. Now, since I already have a custom tune on there, would it just simply save a file of my current tune on my car?
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
So, it terms of programmers, there seems to be a "blank" or empty SCT programmer and a Pre-loaded SCT hand held programmer. The preloaded has the canned tunes on it which I don't need, so do I need to go with the Blank programmer? The reason I ask is that the blank one doesn't say you can and cannot load custom tunes on it, but the preloaded one does say you load up to 3 tunes. I'm hoping the blank one is simply the same programmer, but without the canned tunes and hopefully still allows my tuner to load up to three of his tunes on it.

Also, when or if I buy the programmer, it says that the first time it's plugged into the computer it saves your "stock" tune. Now, since I already have a custom tune on there, would it just simply save a file of my current tune on my car?
Either one will work for custom tuning.
I only sell the Blank Dealer Programmer SCT 3400.
Yes you can store 3 tunes but you only need one if done right.
The Hand held will store the stock tune or what ever is in the car now as the stock tune.

Ted.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
TCAT

Perfect! Thanks Ted. Thats the info I needed. It looks like I may be saving up for this as well.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #22
TCAT

So, I may buy a never been opened SCT hand held programmer (it's the X3 3400 from what I've been told) from a camaro5 member who received it as part of the package with his Maggie supercharger system.

Now, this SCT programmer hasn't been opened yet or used, and it's about 1 year old. However, the programmer has a tune designed for the Maggie that came preloaded on it. So, I'm assuming I can still use this programmer to load three of my own custom tunes from my own dyno tuner, correct? Also, when I use the programmer for the first time, it won't load the Maggie tune on it's own will it hopefully, right? Also, would it be possible to delete the Maggie tune that came preloaded on it?

Thanks. I'm new to the whole programmer scene.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steck@Craven View Post
I have never had an issue making cars start and idle, including use of ID2000s. I have stock cammed blower LS3 cars using ID850s at 0.5ms theoretical pulse widths all day long using HP Tuners. There is no flaw in HPT preventing use of large injectors. In fact, for the longest time, HPT was the only one with the parameter to let them pulse down in Gen III PCMs.

FYI... From Chris at HP Tuners:

"the value in question is an injector minimum OFF time. ie. how long the injector must be off during each injector cycle. ie. even when your injectors are at 100% duty cycle they are still switching off for this minimum amount of time each cycle. It has no bearing on minimum pulse width."

All you have to do is read the description in SCT. Lol.
First I never said it was a Flaw, I only said it was a missing injector Variable.

OK then explain this, it was the only change I made to the tune and it corrected the problem.

This single value fixed the Issue, maybe not all operating systems are the same?

I don't ever claim to know everything, and I am fully Open minded to your suggestions, but I can only go by what I see happening in real life.

I'm listening!!

Ted.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
Andrew@SPItuning

Drives: 2010 SS
EFI LIVE

Looks like EFI Live has it as well Ted.
Attached Images

Andrew@SPItuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I don't know why it made a difference in your setup aside from a fluke.

Just read the description from SCT. It's mislabeled in their software. MoTec does the same thing from what Paul Yaw has told me... minimum 0.5ms off time for the injector before firing again. We don't need to change the off time of the injector to correct minimum pulse width scenarios. I've used every ID injector except the 725, and not once have there been rich idle or startup issues. HPT does still have a startup issue after reflashing due to not resetting the FPCM though.

Either way, that value is not a short pulse limiter. It would really only come into play at extremely high injector duty cycles (like 95% at 7000rpm).
You know, that may very well be it! because I flashed it with SCT with that change only, and SCT does Not have a Start up Issue after reflashing.

Thanks for Chiming in as Usual you bring Light to the subject.

Much appreciated.

Ted.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This is the one not in HP.

This Value has to be reduced to .125 for the car to run right on start up.
That value is the injector off time...it's there so that the injectors don't just stay on and overheat their coils and fail...the SCT description is a little misleading in that the title contradicts the actual description...but the actual description is correct.

Quote:
It is quite frustrating having to tell every customer, "don't worry, it's going to start hard, but it'll be fine later".
I've only tuned a few of them...it is kinda a pain in the ass, it's fine if it sits for a few minutes, or if you can get under the trunk carpet and take the battery cable off for 2 seconds it's also fine...I am still hoping for an update to HPTuners to cure it.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote