Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #1317
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
At 3547. Just added the new center console lid with the SS emblem on it. Got it from Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #1318
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
At 3547. Just added the new center console lid with the SS emblem on it. Got it from Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet.
I like it. How much was it?

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #1319
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
I like it. How much was it? Bill
+1... I think that along with the LED console and footwell lighting would be a nice interior OEM Upgrade. Its very worthy!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #1320
ssummit camaro

Well it was alot. 190 shipped from Maureen.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1321
11SGM2SSRS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS 6M
Some buddies in my Camaro club and I drove our Camaros over to Osceola, WI yesterday for "Wheels and Wings." It is a combination car show and airshow at the Oscelola airport. There was several hundred cars there; great car show. After the airshow was done they did an event called a "radar run" They marked off a section of runway that was 1/4 mile long and then placed a squad car at the end. He had his radar on and we got to see how much speed we could attain from a stop in that 1/4 mile strip. It was nothing official like you would get at a real drag strip, a guy at the start waved a flag and you hit the gas. I don't know if this is fast or slow, but I got to 104 MPH when I went past the squad. It was great fun. 100 cars paid the $25.00 fee to participate. One interesting fact about this - I was topping out in third gear when I past the squad car, meaning at 104 I still had 4th, 5th & 6th gears to go yet. I see why our Camaros are capable of 150+ MPH.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #1322
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SGM2SSRS View Post
Some buddies in my Camaro club and I drove our Camaros over to Osceola, WI yesterday for "Wheels and Wings." It is a combination car show and airshow at the Oscelola airport. There was several hundred cars there; great car show. After the airshow was done they did an event called a "radar run" They marked off a section of runway that was 1/4 mile long and then placed a squad car at the end. He had his radar on and we got to see how much speed we could attain from a stop in that 1/4 mile strip. It was nothing official like you would get at a real drag strip, a guy at the start waved a flag and you hit the gas. I don't know if this is fast or slow, but I got to 104 MPH when I went past the squad. It was great fun. 100 cars paid the $25.00 fee to participate. One interesting fact about this - I was topping out in third gear when I past the squad car, meaning at 104 I still had 4th, 5th & 6th gears to go yet. I see why our Camaros are capable of 150+ MPH.
Awesome! I want to try that myself. Your experience confirms and supports my thought that swapping out the gears alone would change the whole personality of the car in its bottom end pull. A set of 4:10s backed up to the Tremec 6 speed would make the Gen 5 even more radical out of the hole. That would really surprise the Mustangs.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #1323
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Changed my plugs today. I wanted one colder range. I went with the NGK TR6xi plugs.

Bill
Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #1324
ssummit camaro

I want to try something like that, in a legal way.
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #1325
11SGM2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Awesome! I want to try that myself. Your experience confirms and supports my thought that swapping out the gears alone would change the whole personality of the car in its bottom end pull. A set of 4:10s backed up to the Tremec 6 speed would make the Gen 5 even more radical out of the hole. That would really surprise the Mustangs.
I agree. A set of taller gears such as 4:10s would really make our cars jump off the line.
That radar run was a riot. They said they are going to do it every year at the Wheels & Wings event.
Next June 29th me and my car club buddies are going to drive out to Sturgis, SD. for the "2012 Sturgis Camaro rally". A whole weekend of events for Camaros including drag racing on Saturday. Here is a link; check it out:
http://sturgiscamaro.com/?page_id=22
Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #1326
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Thumbs up

Quote:
I agree. A set of taller gears such as 4:10s would really make our cars jump off the line.
That radar run was a riot. They said they are going to do it every year at the Wheels & Wings event.
Next June 29th me and my car club buddies are going to drive out to Sturgis, SD. for the "2012 Sturgis Camaro rally". A whole weekend of events for Camaros including drag racing on Saturday. Here is a link; check it out:
http://sturgiscamaro.com/?page_id=22
Wow that Sturgis Camaro Run looks fun! I went through Sturgis about 5 years ago. We had a blast. I am thinking the Camaro event is a whole heck more tamer then the biker run! LOL That is some great driving territory as long as you don't hit a deer, elk or moose! I am going to talk to the wife and see if she might consider a power run up there. We would go I-15 from So Cali up through Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and across to South Dakota. That would be some serious Orange Krate driving! I can't begin to imagine the photo ops with all the stops along the way! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Jim
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #1327
11SGM2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Wow that Sturgis Camaro Run looks fun! I went through Sturgis about 5 years ago. We had a blast. I am thinking the Camaro event is a whole heck more tamer then the biker run! LOL That is some great driving territory as long as you don't hit a deer, elk or moose! I am going to talk to the wife and see if she might consider a power run up there. We would go I-15 from So Cali up through Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and across to South Dakota. That would be some serious Orange Krate driving! I can't begin to imagine the photo ops with all the stops along the way! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Jim
If you can talk the wife into it, be sure to look me up while you are there. My Synergy Green Camaro can't be missed.
We already have a room booked at the Holiday Inn Express in Sturgis for June 27th to the 30th. Hope to see you then.
I think Orange Krate is itching for an open road run
Old 09-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #1328
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Working the Chip Foose Braselton Bash show at Yearone in Braselton, GA. Working 8 to 8. A long day. Should be three to four hundred cars. I collect the Car Show entry so I get to hear and see all the cars. It is a great show.

Bill
Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #1329
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
Here it is installed, was afraid it would be alot of bling, but I think its just right.
I think I am going to buy one. Do you have the GM part number? I have to drill the holes but it does not look too bad.

Bill
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #1330
ssummit camaro

I dont have the part number, but I did get it from Maureen at
Rodgers Chevrolet. It even included the bolts to mount it. I believe she can even have it powdercoated if you want. Louis