Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Ohio Speed - brake lines do not fit

[See updates below!]

Ohio Speed sold me a steel brake line kit made by Wilwood for my SS Camaro. They claimed it works with the O.E. Brembo Brakes on their web site. When I went to have my installer install them, they told me that this kit will not fit the stock brakes, that the fittings are different on them. Another member here replied to a recent thread I started about this and said modification would be needed to get them to fit, adapters and such. I feel I was sold the wrong part and Jim claimed that other vendors here sold the part for the same purpose.

I want a full refund upon return of the kit and Ohio Speed to change their part description that this kit will not fit the stock calipers without additional hardware.

Last edited by markgws6; 05-08-2014 at 04:55 PM.
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Have you tried to contact Ohio Speed about this before making this thread? Seems only fair to privately have them right this before publicly flaming them. I understand your upset and frustrated, nothing worse than spending your hard earned money on a part that you have " modify " to make fit. My suggestion is to try and contact them personally.
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Can understand, what did Jim at OS say when you contacted him about this?
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
OHIO SPEED

Drives: 2010 1LT v6 Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Ohio Speed sold me a steel brake line kit made by Wilwood for my SS Camaro. They claim it works with the O.E. Brembo Brakes. When I went to have my installer install them, they told me that this kit will not fit the stock brakes, that the fittings are different on them. Another member here replied to a recent thread I started about this and said modification would be needed to get them to fit, adapters and such. I feel I was sold the wrong part and Jim claimed that other vendors here sold the part for the same purpose.

I want a full refund upon return of the kit and Ohio Speed to change their part description that this kit will not fit the stock calipers without additional hardware.
Hi markgws6, I am more than happy to give you a refund! When we talked on the phone about a month ago you mentioned that you were going to keep them. Since you have decided now that you don't want them please contact me a we will make arrangements to clear this up.

thanks jim
OHIO SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
markgws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO SPEED View Post
Hi markgws6, I am more than happy to give you a refund! When we talked on the phone about a month ago you mentioned that you were going to keep them. Since you have decided now that you don't want them please contact me a we will make arrangements to clear this up.

thanks jim
Hi Jim,
Thanks. I don't have the parts here at work with me right now so I will call you tomorrow. Thanks for getting back to me quickly!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
markgws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS2010 View Post
Have you tried to contact Ohio Speed about this before making this thread? Seems only fair to privately have them right this before publicly flaming them. I understand your upset and frustrated, nothing worse than spending your hard earned money on a part that you have " modify " to make fit. My suggestion is to try and contact them personally.
The reason why I posted this thread is so that others will not make the same mistake I did. I think it actually helps everyone so that this does not happen again to someone else. I did speak to Jim and I mentioned how I would check and see if the part would work, but I think he could tell I was frustrated already... I am glad Jim has replied here. It shows they care about their customers and he's willing to help me. That is HUGE!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Glad you got it straightened out Mark!!
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote