Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #57
firecross91

Drives: ZL1 #1691 Black on black.
TY
firecross91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #58
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Lets do it. i am going to talladega in October shake and bake
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #59
Cam8

Drives: 2014 Gray Camaro 2LT RS
The schedule for Road Atlanta is now out! Everyone take a look and start making plans for the biggest Trans-Am race of the season
http://www.gotransam.com/storage/Roa...20Schedule.pdf
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #60
Cam8

Sorry for the wait but here's some video from Brainerd in-car (NO MUSIC). One is from race 1 pass for 2nd and the other is the start of race 2 until I suffered mechanical problems. Enjoy!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #61
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Love it, thanks for sharing
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #62
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
In the first couple mins of that first vid I was thinking about how amazing that would be...then you went for the pass...all my hopes and dreams went crashing down the drain. That shit is crazy lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #63
firecross91

Drives: ZL1 #1691 Black on black.
Very kewl Cam.
firecross91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #64
Cam8

haha thanks! Ya that first video is toward the end of the race. The car I passed corded the inside quarter of his tires and mine were starting to show cord as well. There was literally no traction as you can see and hear that's why it is so ugly! Everyone was doing everything they could just to keep the cars on track. The second video shows how the cars really handle and perform with fresh tires.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #65
Cam8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
In the first couple mins of that first vid I was thinking about how amazing that would be...then you went for the pass...all my hopes and dreams went crashing down the drain. That shit is crazy lol.
haha that drift around that fast sweeping left hander is 4th gear around 120 mph or so. And it looks extremely close in the video but I didn't touch his car before the pass. I try to keep it clean
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #66
Cam8

Here's what some burnouts with a TA2 car look like. Just to show how (or why) worn out the tires were. You can hear the RPMs and the rubber left behind. This is from race 1. Just turn it up and enjoy
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #67
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Oh there's music alright; the kind an engine makes. Great videos, thanks!

I realize you're a pro racer and I'm not so don't be offended by my questions/suggestions but I would love to see you win so I'm throwing some ideas your way in case they help.

Just watching the video it looks like the front has way too much grip and the rear has way too little. It looks like the front and rear are not working together. I don't know how you've got the suspension set up but the front looks way too sensitive while the back is floaty as hell. You can hardly hit the power without the car wanting to snap around on you. I can accept that the first video showed tire problems but the second video doesn't seem much better.

Are you cording the front tires or the rear? If the front tires are cording try backing down the tire pressure a bit; maybe 3 lbs to start. I'm assuming you're measuring the tire temps across the tires; what temp readings are you guys getting?

If the back tires are cording is it the inside or outside that's wearing to the cords? If it's the inside, maybe adjust the rear camber a degree positive? If it's the outside, maybe adjust the rear camber a degree negative?

Something's not right. You can't use the power you have; even in the straights the car is squirrelly as hell. The car is not working with you; you're fighting it every step of the way.

If it was me, I'd either lower the grip of the front until it matches the back, and then raise both equally, or try to increase the grip in the back to match the front. Maybe decrease the front a shade and increase the back. If you can get the front and back to have the same grip, you'll not only corner faster but you'll have more control over applying the power as you exit which should increase your exit speeds.

It looks like you have plenty of power; you just need to get the chassis/suspension dialed in to take advantage of it.

Good stuff to watch and listen to!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #68
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam8 View Post
haha that drift around that fast sweeping left hander is 4th gear around 120 mph or so. And it looks extremely close in the video but I didn't touch his car before the pass. I try to keep it clean
I wasn't sure if you touched him or not. Kinda looked like you gave him a little love tap. Im sure your team and the owner certainly appreciate you keeping it clean though. Rough racing is fun to watch but the car takes a beating and making enemies on the track isn't always a good idea.

This whole thread makes me want to get a car and race at Mid-Ohio once I go back home.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #69
Cam8

Thanks Doc. All of your suggestions are valid points and adjustments that we made throughout the weekend. I think it was really just track conditions that we were fighting. Brainerd hasn't been paved in I don't know how long and the track was constantly dirty. We also weren't able to lay down much rubber on the track. I'd say we missed the set up but it wasn't just our team that was struggling with the same problems. If you watch any of my other videos prior to this race in this car it handles extremely well and have been able to lay down some of the top lap times.

I appreciate all the help and support though from my Camaro5 family! I am determined to win at Road Atlanta. It'll be nice to go to a track I've actually been to before! I get to focus on speed and not learning a new track like every other weekend. Hope to see a good crowd at the track Nov. 3-4!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #70
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Cam, are you on Facebook or somewhere easier to follow your team?

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote