Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Talking Miss Cairan

OMG....
I am soooo missing my car!!!

put her in the shop for warranty work (finally getting the heater fixed) turns out the programming chip was faulty and something about the control box (the report writer actually used the words flapper thingy ) I smile politely and told him I do understand car talk

Anyhow took the car in Monday they called the Glass company to remove the windshield, then weds they dissected the dash and inside of the car, Thursday the glass company put the glass back in, got a call Thursday night telling me my baby was in the paint booth and would not be ready till Saturday he finally told me that the glass gut gouged the drivers door while putting the glass back in so they tried to buff it out but they had to re-painted the door and are sending the bill to the glass company...any how got another call and said that she had to stay till Monday so the paint could cure (I am assuming that the weather that came in the paint needed more time to cure) they gave me a 14' Impala to drive for the week and man oh man... how I miss the Power in my Ciaran the feel of stepping on the gas and response, the ability to maneuver crazy and stupid Houston drivers. and the car just feels funny, its spacious and roomy (great family car) but I don't like it at all!!!!

Got a call and she is in detail and I should be able to trade in the Impala and pick up my little girl... oh and I hit 3300 miles just before taking her in for the warranty work, and they gave her the first service... I think I might be able to play a little more with the settings and power not too much....

come on LUNCH TIME!!!!!

Last edited by HollyVenus; 01-13-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling
HollyVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
It'll be all better when you pick her up today...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
HollyVenus

oh no!!!! this has not been a good week!.... went to pick up Ciaran and man she was a sight for sore eyes..... the "detail job" was HORRIBLE lint and swirl and water spots blah but what ever she looked good from afar and I had already planned on getting her home and giving her some VIP treatment...

she was parked in the shade and I did a full walk around to inspect and the drivers door was good no nicks scratches or evidence of scratches only a high gloss and orange peel effect. cool walking a little more I see a haze along the 'hip' looked like some crappy wiping job from the detail so I figured I'll focus on that when I get home.. completed the walk around and really didn't see anything else so I left...

drove a half a mile and stopped for a quick bite to eat before heading back to the office and parked in the sun and decided to do another quick look around. the hazing I saw in the shade was NOT hazing... it was matte black over spray that goes the whole length of the top of the rear fender and wraps around and on the trunk... how in the WORLD did the QC not see this... it was worse than I thought... then of course I went of the car with a white glove and OMG!!! I found 3 yucky scratches on the passenger quarter panel just below the corner of the glass and there are 2 spots that look like they hit the car with the glass and then it slide a few inches the nicks are down to the metal.

what waiting from my lunch I called the dealership and let them know that I am back on my way up there!!! drive the half mile back and walked in ... the guy who usually greets me with a smile barley looked in my direction I must have had my angry eyes on and the Irish was front and center. he finished his customer told the next person to hang on just a minute and walked straight to the back and reappeared with a manager step one and I'm a little less pissed. the manager walks over to me and ask me what up? I said follow me I have to show you! he followed me out and I think he was just as appalled as I was by what he saw I also asked him about all the glue from the tape he was irritated by that, he quickly apologized and offered a truck for a loaner and I was treated like royalty when I walked back in, they were quick and snappy with all the paperwork. Another 3-4 days....

oh how I miss my baby and its so pretty outside... and perfect sunshiny weather and warm!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
HollyVenus

Name:  gouges.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  overspray.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  78.3 KB
Old 01-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
ErichSS

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS
wow this sucks!
ErichSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichSS View Post
wow this sucks!
ha you're telling me... its been a full week without the car... and now looks like it will be at least another 3-4 days. the car will have all new paint except the hood and rear quarter panel and NONE of the re-paints were my doing
picked the car up and they had to do some PDR on it... and now all this

I just want my car to be in tip top shape as I keep it!...
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
Useless.
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
HollyVenus

????
Old 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Never trust a dealership or a collision shop associated with one to do the job right the first time anytime.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #10
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Never trust a dealership or a collision shop associated with one to do the job right the first time anytime.
i usually don't however er I did expect a little better than this... this was just gross and completely unacceptable. the car should have never made it out of detail.

of course I remember my days as a service writer and warranty admin at a BMW cycle shop and I remember the porters we had there I should have known those poor guys get paid peanuts....
Old 01-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #11
ErichSS

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS
out of curiosity, which dealership is that at?
ErichSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichSS View Post
out of curiosity, which dealership is that at?
This is my 3rd attempt... this was at Autonation. I'm running out of local dealerships
Old 01-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WOW :(
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #14
Steve RS/SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
WOW. I know there is nothing you can do to change the damage the dealership caused but you are a better person than me. If I am reading this correctly they called you after they took it upon themselves to start the body/paint work without giving you the option of having the work done wherever you wanted? That would really get me fired up. I hope everything works out for you and she is as good as new..good luck