Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #309
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Now that you went to school on this one....you can really crank the next Chevelle Mod out.....lol....it's been a joy to watch the build...cus I restored the same car,same color ,396 4 sp,factory air,power Bucket seat ,power trunk,map light on rear view mirror,wood wheel..blah blah..back in 1983.. The guy who owned it ,sold it to buy a house and wishes he had it back !!! Love the 66 & 67 Chevelle....have fun turning heads with that beauty !!!
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #310
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ken,
I have been going completely thru this "_______" build/transformation. I can't even come up with the correct word for "fill-in-the-blank".
As others have eluded, "You are an artist of metal workings". I have so enjoyed every post. As many as there were, I could not even break away to go to the bathroom.....

I guess what got my interest was when I first saw this restored beauty. I then read what was going to take place....I couldn't put it down.
You have talents with this operation that others only dream of. I guess that is what makes the world go-round....different folks liking different things!

Thank-You so much for not only sharing your desire and end goal for this Chevelle, but your dedication to detail is only shadowed by your vast knowledge and patience....Which BTW is a virtue!!

Thanks again Ken. I have so enjoyed every busted knuckle you have encountered along your journey....

Sincerely,...

Kurt Keller ABL99...
Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #311
kwhizz

Drives: 60's Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Ken,
I have been going completely thru this "_______" build/transformation. I can't even come up with the correct word for "fill-in-the-blank".
As others have eluded, "You are an artist of metal workings". I have so enjoyed every post. As many as there were, I could not even break away to go to the bathroom.....

I guess what got my interest was when I first saw this restored beauty. I then read what was going to take place....I couldn't put it down.
You have talents with this operation that others only dream of. I guess that is what makes the world go-round....different folks liking different things!

Thank-You so much for not only sharing your desire and end goal for this Chevelle, but your dedication to detail is only shadowed by your vast knowledge and patience....Which BTW is a virtue!!

Thanks again Ken. I have so enjoyed every busted knuckle you have encountered along your journey....

Sincerely,...

Kurt Keller ABL99...

Thanks........But I'm just a car guy that's getting old, But.......Not Growing Up!!!!!.........LOL

Ken
kwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #312
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Congrats, and awesome machine. You are truly an artist!
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #313
kwhizz

The weather didn't co-operate with some sunshine today for some good pictures.....but here are some before and after pictures.......Best pull on the Dyno was 569 rear wheel H.P. and 512 ft pounds of torque......Idles like a Grandma's car with Ice Cold A/C......Killer sound system with satellite radio.......Crazy.......

Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #314
champ22

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
I have followed this thread from close to the beginning and like so many have already said, you are truly an artist. I only wish I had the talent to do a project like this. Congrats on the build and enjoy.
champ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #315
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
An absolutely priceless machine. You sir, have won the game.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #316
kwhizz

I had a minor issue with the check engine light coming on.........I took the car back to Stefano and Cory at Nickey Chicago........It took Cory 5 minutes to tweak the ECM........after that we went to the "Gourmet" Dining spot in the Chicago area for Lunch........LOL........But......One thing that I still am not 100% with are the brakes......I guess I'm just getting spoiled driving with Power Brakes......It was recommended by Wilwood to go non power........But!!!!!........So......When I got home here is what was waiting for me.......so.....here is how I spent the night with a fully belly of Portillo's.....LOL......Had to remove the inner fender panel to get at the booster mounting nuts and to give me some access to making new brake lines.......that Eastwood flaring tool has paid for itself many times over just in the ease of flaring the lines on this project over those Chinese piece of Crap tools.....Great Job Eastwood!!!......I was also considering using a Hydro boost.....But.......I just don't like the way they look!!!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #317
WhiteyChev

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1. 1/94 produced.
well done sir.
WhiteyChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #318
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Well at least you could remove the splash shield bolts with ease
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #319
kwhizz

Got the "Bow" on the package today............Power Brakes "Rock"......should have done that right from the start......Now the car is user friendly.....LOL......I also got 17 MPG with the first tank of gas......but that should be prorated out because the rear tires are smaller in diameter than they were last week........LOL......I also put some Halogen headlights in today........Running out of things to do......
Old 04-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #320
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Job well done Kwhizz, that is one bad a$$ ride! Thank you for your business.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #321
kwhizz

Just for what it's worth..........The crew at Nickey Chicago were the final piece of the puzzle in getting all the rough edges off of blending this package together.....Stefano, Cory, and Tom have the knowledge and expertize to dial in these cars........Highly recommend Nickey Chicago for any tuning or performance issues that you might have.......

Ken
Old 04-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #322
kwhizz

41 days till Power Tour............After switching over to Power Brakes......99% of my issues with the car went away.......LOL.....Now after driving it I found an annoying squeak somewhere in the steering column........I'll deal with that later.......I installed Halogen headlights (no more T-3's) and now at night I can really see everything........I took the car over to a friend for the final touch......a wet sanding of the clear and then final buffing...........here are a couple of pic's

Tags
#465, chevelle lsa, drivetrain #465, zl1, zl1 engine #465